Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-11-2012, 11:22 AM   #11
scwendy
Registered Users
seller

Re: How do you keep your body in shape between pregnanies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raisingcropsandbabies View Post
scwendy-you must heal really well after your c-sections! By the time my babies are around 3-4 months old all I can do is go take walks with the kids... I couldn't do ab workouts till my babies were around 7 months old or so... way too painful! I'm jealous! My doc said no workouts till 12 weeks post-op, yours must say different?
I have been very fortunate to heal well after my C/Ss. As far as ab work-outs and, provided the incision was well-healed at the 6 week check, my OB allowed me to use physical comfort as my guide regarding work-outs, inluding abs. But I was 2-3 months post-op before I was physically ready to tackle
P90X as it is more rigorous.

Advertisement

scwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:34 AM   #12
mg5g
Self Ban

My Mood:

OP thanks for starting this thread! I am in the same shoes. I have 5 but three in three years. DD youngest is five months already - not sure where the time went! And my baby weight piled on my last pregnancy because I only had a few weeks between them. I usually loose a lot of weight right away but this time I haven't lost a pound since 1 week PP! (I did have a lot of post baby complications though so I didn't bounce back right away like I am used to doing.) I need to go get my thryroid re-checked but I don't think that is the problem. I bought a step machine this week and I am trying for 5 minutes at a time. I know it isn't much but with 5 underfoot it is all I can get to. I am hoping to work my way up to 3 - 20 minute step session a day - 5 -6 days a week. I don't have time to jog, or go to a gym, so I thought the stepper handy would give me a chance to actually do it. If you want a weight loss buddy let me know
mg5g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:21 AM   #13
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I tend to go into extreme whole food eating.

With my first I gained around 80. Yes you read that correctly 80 pounds. And no my baby was not 75lbs like I was hoping.

I did not loose all the weight when I got pregnant with ds2. I lost about 60 when I got pregnant and then I ended at the same weight.

I knew after 6 months of having ds2 I had to do something. I was starving and not loosing the extra weight. I was working out all thie time and nothing--just exhaustion and hunger. Then I saw Alicia Silverston on TV (the view actually lol) and she was promoting her book the kind life.

Well I got it did it and lost ALL of my baby weight and was back to pre-pregnancy size. I did minimal workout (yoga everyday or every other day) No-stretch marks no nothing. Now the thing is it is a Vegan cookbook but she does not lecture you like other vegan cookbooks she tells you facts and is incredibly supportive. I usually have to cut out dairy anyway bc when I nurse all my babies had issues with dairy.

The best part is that the book basically gives you better ingredients for the foods you eat. Things I never heard of or new were options. I was chowing down on healthy peanut butter cups and brownies. When I craved something sweet I ate it. I just felt so much better.

I am pregnant again and I am strict with my food but still consume dairy and will eat what I am craving. I try to do healthier versions but that does not always work. But now I fell like it is so easy to keep the weight at bay during pregnancy (only gain 40 LOL) and shed it when its time.

Now during pregnancy I am doing Tracy Anderson pregnancy DVD and will do her Post-Pregnancy workout. I am on my 4th and I think I got this pregnancy weight thing down.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:05 PM   #14
Kindermama
Registered Users
seller

I exercise hard 3 times a week for 30-45 minutes. I do strength training both bodyweight and with 5-15lbs hand weights and then the rest of the time, I do intervals on the elliptical. I have only lost 10-15lbs (depending on the day) and one dress size but I think I look so much more thinner than I did when I weighed 10lbs less. I'm toned!
Old 10-17-2012, 11:32 AM   #15
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I dont.

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:36 PM   #16
MomMe3
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
I tend to go into extreme whole food eating.

With my first I gained around 80. Yes you read that correctly 80 pounds. And no my baby was not 75lbs like I was hoping.
I also gained 80 lbs with my first. It took about a year to come off. I did an exercise program of Denise Austin workouts on TV. I did two or three in a row. Sometimes I'd put DS in the baby carrier so I had a weight on.

I have a big space between my kids though. To stay in shape, I try to eat whole foods. I do eat sweets and junk food on occassion because I believe in everything in moderation. I have just started back at actually doing a real workoout program, but before that I did things like walking instead of taking the car, and babywearing while walking instead of using the stroller.

There are still exercises that you can do post-surgery. Even walking helps. I had abdominal surgery (not a c-section) and my doctor wanted me up walking everyday. He said it would help me heal faster.

ETA: (Obviously my doctor didn't want me trying to walk miles or anything, but he did want me to be up and moving around.)
MomMe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:47 PM   #17
seacat
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHouse View Post
I don't do any particular program or diet. Basically, I just try to eat balanced diet (that also includes sweets, because I don't believe in depriving myself ) and stay active. I don't count calories, but I try to be mindful that in order to lose weight, and maintain, you need to burn more calories than you consume. Because I allow myself to eat sweets and fast food, I have to make sure that my activity levels reflect that. I really like doing exercise DVDs at home... Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred is a good one. Going for walks or jogs twice a day are a nice, relaxing way for me to burn calories as well.
This is what I do and I'm lucky breastfeeding takes off the weight. Mine are 21 months apart and I gained 60 yes 60 with both. My body has a strange reaction and holds water when I am pregnant I loss about 40 the week after he was born. Right now I'm a little below the weight I was when DS2 was conceived.
seacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:55 PM   #18
AleahDeann
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I dont really. I already eat pretty healthy, but also enjoy occasional sweets. I cannot do vigorous work outs because my milk supply drops significantly. I have come to accept that I will live in my "fat clothes" until we are done having kids, then when my youngest stops breastfeeding I will power it out
Old 10-18-2012, 04:58 PM   #19
Lisathena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I do not eat very healthy....but I do weight train with kettlebells. It helps my hubs is a trainer and certifed in them. I plan on swinging my way thru this pregnancy and keeping pictures/journal to do a blog on it. That said have been super sick this first trimester and haven't touched my kb, so hopefully I get to soon. And I plan on taking raw flab post partum pics and working my way back to a strong, toned body. This is baby number 5 for me. I only worked out after I had number 4. I have good genetics and bounce back to skinny around 9 months. But this time I did zumba and kettlebells, and wow...I am so much stronger, I love it! Now to force myself to eat better....nah! Lol oh and I tandem nursed for 1 1/2 yrs after baby num 4 so I did it all nursing too
Lisathena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:08 PM   #20
hohaas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I just had my 4th 4 mos ago and it's my 4th in 4.5 yrs pretty much. This time my body did not bounce back as well and my diastasis recti is larger so I plan on doing the Tupler Technique to help bring my muscles back together. I just wanted to wait til the weather got a little cooler to get another splint for it to start wearing. Weight has never been a problem thank goodness (I think that's genetic- thanks Dad!) But BFing has always made me lose a few extra lbs over time.