Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-13-2012, 06:23 AM   #21
greencrunchymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Lets talk about the diff dipes in your stash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by armywife21 View Post
Well I would get just THREE one of each right now and then FSOT what doesn't work and purchase more of what does.
I definitely agree! I wouldn't sink a ton of money into changing your stash without figuring out what you like.

Advertisement

Old 10-13-2012, 09:10 AM   #22
dannic
Registered Users

I love swaddlebees/blueberries and bumgenius products. That's pretty much what I use, though I have a few random pockets and I also have pf/covers in each size. I love them for nb, esp.
With this baby, I am going sized. so pf/covers, workhorse fitteds, and sized simplex. (I think)
My toddler can stay inthe os. The sized simplex are just as absorbant and yet much more trim.

I agree with just getting one of what you think you may like...I hate the freetimes, and was surprised at that.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:12 AM   #23
iheartua07
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I like all one type so we have all BG 4.0 and Freetimes. I have one blueberry and one tots bots that I can't part with because I like the prints
iheartua07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:28 AM   #24
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

When I first started with cloth I much preferred only on type of diaper in our stash. I was quite content with 24 prefolds and 3 wool covers. I started with similar with ds2. Then thought to try flats to make less washing. It did help but was then suckered in by the cute prints on the fitteds so have since added those. My husband was fine with prefolds. He prefers them to the one size fitteds. After trying the sized fitteds though he now has a definite preference for sized fitteds. For us fitteds are no different than AIO as we use longies or shorties. Put diaper on, pull on pants, all done. I do have soakers for under pjs and the one pair of non wool pants we have for him. My husband forgotto put the soaker on though. He is not used to needing a cover.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:56 AM   #25
babykanani
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

At the beginning of my clothdiaper career I also wanted to fall in love with just one single brand. Then I became curious, started trying out diffrerent styles and ended up with a mixed stash of Grovia AIO, BG 4.0, BG Freetime and FB elite. I could not say which one I like the most. They all have their pros and cons. Just now I`m falling in love with fitteds and wish I could start over again.
I`m a very well organized and neat person, but I think if it comes to cloth diapers I`ll have to learn to be happy with a wild and mixed up stash and just embrace the variety :-)
babykanani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:14 PM   #26
Talia01
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We started off with all one type of diaper, bumgenius newborns & then sized up to the smalls. After that I found this board and well I bought/tried out/disliked & sold way more than I'll ever admit too LOL
Pretty much have my ideal stash now that baby #2 is five months and ive decided to just stick with what works!
BGEs
FB Elite (my 33lb toddler can wear one at night!)
RSD stay dry night fitteds & wool soaker
Wool longies for comfy time
....the only thing I want right now is 6 fitted but can't decide which one
Old 10-13-2012, 02:21 PM   #27
mama2Holden
Registered Users
seller

I've tried so many different diapers, but now I only have 3 types. (That's good for me, lol!) I mostly use BGE & Simplex OS during the day. I have BG 4.0's in hook & loop for nighttime and the rare occasion that someone else watches DS.
mama2Holden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:22 PM   #28
Zepp
DS Addict
Formerly: K*B*T*M*
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm a multi dipe person. I only have 1-3 of each diaper I own. I think k it's fine- I like different things about different dipes.

Sent from my iPhone- forgive the craziness
Old 10-14-2012, 04:22 PM   #29
mamalinaaaa
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2Holden
I've tried so many different diapers, but now I only have 3 types. (That's good for me, lol!) I mostly use BGE & Simplex OS during the day. I have BG 4.0's in hook & loop for nighttime and the rare occasion that someone else watches DS.
Just curious because I'm about to try BG for the first time, why do you like BGE for day and 4.0 for night?
mamalinaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:37 PM   #30
laineypaige
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I like using only one thing, BUT I change my mind ALOT on what I feel like using. So for awhile I was buying, selling, buying, selling, and then I realized that I was wasting money. So now, I keep out what I'm using at the time, and when I feel like a change, I swap it out without having to spend any money.

I have lots of flats and covers (which is what I'm using now), pockets, a few AIOs, some covers with inserts, and some fitteds and wool. This way I can do whatever I feel like doing without spending money all the time. It does bother me to have a bunch of different kinds out at the same time though