Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-13-2012, 10:53 AM   #1641
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: KAL Oct 7-13 *Knit the funk away!*

off to the pumpkin patch

Advertisement

Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:55 AM   #1642
Scaethach
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumminbeachbabe View Post
That would tick me off!

I've never done a soaker, but not having cuffs wouldn't bother me. I figure soakers are used under stuff so who really cares. I've actually got one I bought that doesn't have cuffs.
I don't put soakers under other stuff
Like my Facebook! Etsy
Scaethach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:02 AM   #1643
EmpressPurl
Banned

My Mood:

I hear you both, I made my first bloomers prototype for my baby-to-be stash and lucked out completely with having Al. I agree Mindy, I didn't make her another until she was mobile!

Alright I'm off my arse to get pics of this stuff to sell, then we're going to try to catch a mucked-up film scene down the road from us where they're filming Revolution. They began set up last night so I think our odds are good!
EmpressPurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:03 AM   #1644
knibert
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumminbeachbabe View Post
I've never had a good reason to make one. I have boys and while DH is pretty laid back he wouldn't take kindly to me putting a skirt on one of our boys. I'll probably jinx myself by making it, but it'd be so fun.
call it a kilt???

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom View Post

Benj and I play the piano. I also play the steel drums, clarinet, bass clarinet, alto, tenor, and bari sax. Benj plays the trombone.

Steven has picked up the trombone.

I was the only girl in SW washington that marched with the bari sax when I was in high school
Wow, that's awesome. I have no musical bones in my body. Kids will get ALL of that from DH, he plays piano, drums of all kinds and played clarinet for a while when he was itty bitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaethach View Post

Goals for today:
Finish what I didn't get done yesterday and go get groceries. Tomorrow is applefest and going out to eat for DH's birthday (his birthday is Monday but his brother takes him out on the weekend).
apple fest sounds fun! MM, out to dinner, hope you have some good GF selections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaethach View Post
I don't put soakers under other stuff
we wore ours like pants (shorts) here too. They were great for our steamy hot weather.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:04 AM   #1645
knibert
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpressPurl View Post
I hear you both, I made my first bloomers prototype for my baby-to-be stash and lucked out completely with having Al. I agree Mindy, I didn't make her another until she was mobile!

Alright I'm off my arse to get pics of this stuff to sell, then we're going to try to catch a mucked-up film scene down the road from us where they're filming Revolution. They began set up last night so I think our odds are good!
Wow, that sounds super exciting, I want to lurk too!
Old 10-13-2012, 11:08 AM   #1646
bumminbeachbabe
Registered Users
seller
seller

I thought about calling it a kilt. I actually saw a guy downtown wearing one the other day. Something about that much man thigh made me giggle.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:08 AM   #1647
bumminbeachbabe
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpressPurl

That sounds really cool!
Old 10-13-2012, 11:18 AM   #1648
LadybugMonkey
Registered Users
Formerly: Confused mum
seller
seller

My Mood:
OMG am I ever behind on here.

Carolyn, u love the longies, sorry the kids got into your knitting. I am thinking about modifying the Hudson hats this weekend. The kids love them but they aren't warm enough on cold days so I'm going to try to find a way to make and sew in a fleece torque.

Dani

I played trumpet when younger and was playing it a bit for the kids last weekend.

Okay I know I missed a ton! But I need to go pull the carrots from the ground while it's only a little frozen.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:25 AM   #1649
808mamaof3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Morning all! Its just after 7AM and the boys are outside washing the car. I have a mountain of laundry to fold and breakfast to get going.

Hope to take the boys to the pumpkin patch today or tomorrow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by msuk2girl
Morning Carolyn!

All my parties for the week are over... Now to the fun stuff! DH and I are going to go shoot handguns at a range today with a couple from church. Tomorrow is church and Bs 2 yr photos

Now that she is potty trained I also want to get her some real jeans. She couldn't wear them over pockets
Yay for jeans! I haven't been to shooting range in awhile..but I always beat DH, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcess721
Love the instrument talk I did violin for 10 years, but never picked it up again after HS graduation. It sits in my closet with a broken string. Taught myself clarinet in 10th grade so I could join band and marching band to spend more time with the boy I liked

Hoping for some knitting time with my FASC shawl today... have about an hour drive each way to our main event for the weekend. FIL is 60 today. We're all going to watch him sky dive!
I learned the piano and ukulele growing up...but I'm not classically trained. My sister both play the violin too.

Enjoy the knitting time today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayzee1081
Spinning class is today at 10am yay! Can't wait!
Have fun!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidensmommalove
Gm everyone
Morning!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookedByCarolyn
Do not leave your knitting unattended!
Doh! BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsStripe
Toys sorted. I should get rid of more, but want DH's input.

Now to knit. here's how far I got last night and I am alternating skeins.
Nice colorway! Like the brightness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBananas
Morning!

Woke up this morning to a completely fried phone. I tried my spare battery and it won't even register a charge or anything. I think it over heated . So I am eating some chocolate chips to make me feel better .

Pianist . I have always wanted to learn the piano and guitar (I can only play simple things) but I am a drummer .
Boo on the phone, but nom about Trader Joes! Wish we had one here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumminbeachbabe
Good morning!

It's cool to learn more about you ladies. So many musical gals here.

Goals today:

Get milk (we've been out for a few days)
Get the downstairs spotless
Figure out dinner
Rearrange some furniture
Put away the mountain of laundry

Eta: maybe get brave and knit a nb skirty. Even if I don't have a girl I could fsot it.
Busy day! I need to knit at least 4 ornaments...better get busy, lol
Old 10-13-2012, 11:42 AM   #1650
Only
Registered Users
Formerly: hu**rees
seller
seller

Okay, there's a ton of knitters here so someone should be able to help me.

I'm using the evie pants pattern, on the short rows it says to knit the first set after the zig zag when the front center measures x amount.

My question is, is the "center front" really what will end up being the back of does the pattern really measure from what will actually be the front of the pants?

Austen 06/12
Only is offline   Reply With Quote