Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-13-2012, 06:13 PM   #11
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Re: Normal pregnancy symptoms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981 View Post
It's likely just hormonal. This baby has been Nothing like my other three. NOTHING.

And I have hashimotos

It's also unlikely that your thyroid is so far out of whack it would cause a loss, and you just find out now. Not saying it couldn't happen, but really it's unlikely.

Call on Monday and ask for your levels to be checked if you are concerned, which you are.

I am, however, hypoglycemic with this baby. And that could be most of issues. I must eat well, and eat at intervals
Thanks for that. I hadn't thought about my thyroid, but now I'm genuinly concerned. And yeah, I would imagine if that was really the problem (or it was THAT bad) that I would have noticed symptoms before I got pregnant. And not only that, but if thyroid problems can cause a loss, I would think that the doctors would automatically check this level when women come in pregnant.

Advertisement

leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:14 PM   #12
MyM&W
Registered Users
Formerly: maddiesmommy0503
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by leyash
Honestly, the thyroid thing scares me. I know that women can have late losses (13, 14+ weeks) with thyroid problems. It worries me if I have thyroid problems and am 10 1/2 weeks pregnant and it's going unchecked.
I've been monitored for years. Mine will go up a d down but thankfully has stayed normal lately. I had minor issues with my thyroid during my first pregnancy and that turned out good. I wouldn't stress. Its worth having checked out. I just know the headaches and hot flashes flare up when mines being a pitb. Its most likely just hormones!! And since the nurse didn't feel anything I'm sure you're ok...but worth having checked for peace of mind..

Last edited by MyM&W; 10-13-2012 at 06:16 PM.
MyM&W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:16 PM   #13
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Hypothyroidism symptoms:
  • Dull facial expressions
  • Hoarse voice
  • Slow speech
  • Droopy eyelids
  • Puffy and swollen face
  • Weight gain I'm pregnant
  • Constipation I'm pregnant
  • Sparse, coarse, and dry hair
  • Coarse, dry, and thickened skin
  • Carpal tunnel syndrome (hand tingling or pain)
  • Slow pulse
  • Muscle cramps
  • Sides of eyebrows thin or fall out
  • Confusion
  • Increased menstrual flow in women Has increased over the years, since children. Recently has become kind of heavy, but my periods are also irregular. The more late it is, the heavier it is. DEFINITELY nothing ridiculous, though.
Old 10-13-2012, 06:17 PM   #14
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyM&W View Post
I've been monitored for years. Mine will go up a d down but thankfully has stayed normal lately. I had minor issues with my first pregnancy and that turned out good. I wouldn't stress. Its worth having checked out. I just know the headaches and hot flashes flare up when mines being a pitb. Its most likely just hormones!! And since the nurse didn't feel anything I'm sure you're ok...but worth having checked for peace of mind..
Would she FEEL a difference if there were something wrong with my thyroid?

She felt right around where my "adam's apple" is. She held there, and told me to turn my head, and swallow.
Old 10-13-2012, 06:21 PM   #15
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by leyash

Would she FEEL a difference if there were something wrong with my thyroid?

She felt right around where my "adam's apple" is. She held there, and told me to turn my head, and swallow.
Yes, she could. You had no symptoms prior to pregnancy. While its absolutely something we who suffer from it need to be monitored for, you could likely look up a lot of auto immune disorders and find that you are half the symptoms..
Old 10-13-2012, 06:23 PM   #16
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Yes, she could. You had no symptoms prior to pregnancy. While its absolutely something we who suffer from it need to be monitored for, you could likely look up a lot of auto immune disorders and find that you are half the symptoms..
Okay, that makes me feel better. She didn't say anything, or order testing, so I think it's safe to assume that my thyroid is okay.

Whew. I'm a firm believer in having knowledge, though. It's good to know what the options/possibilities are. If my voice becomes hoarse, I could chalk it up to screaming, or I could say, "hmmm." and know that it could be my thyroid, so that I know to get it checked, know what I mean?
Old 10-13-2012, 06:25 PM   #17
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Sure, and it's an easy blood draw. So ask for it if you want to do it. It doesn't hurt anything
Old 10-13-2012, 06:26 PM   #18
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Sure, and it's an easy blood draw. So ask for it if you want to do it. It doesn't hurt anything
In your opinion, should I call about this on Monday, or can it wait until my next appt. November 7th?
Old 10-13-2012, 06:28 PM   #19
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Personally, I would wait. Buy if you are gonna not be able to stop thinking about it, call Monday and ask their opinion.
Old 10-13-2012, 07:02 PM   #20
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Personally, I would wait. Buy if you are gonna not be able to stop thinking about it, call Monday and ask their opinion.
I guess I'm pretty convinced that I'm okay, since she didn't feel/notice anything. If I continue to have my symptoms, I will talk to them about it when I go into my next appt.