Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-14-2012, 04:16 AM   #11
CMamma
Registered Users
seller

Re: Bought dipes last week, haven't yet received..

You bought it on Wed? And you checked into it when it hadn't been shipped by Fri? Is that right? Assuming that it was just two days later, I wouldn't have gotten too concerned about it having/not having been shipped yet as that is just 2 days after payment (I don't count the same day payment is sent since the mail could have already gone out that day). Unless her listing stated it would be shipped immediately or you had a certain deal worked out.

I believe she has something like one business week/5 business days to have the item sent out, but I can't recall for certain. If that is true, she'd have until the following Wed to get the items shipped. And DC is not tracking. It's just confirmation of delivery. The message that you received is nothing more than proof she printed out the shipping label. BUT keep in mind that she could have printed it out & not sent it off yet OR she could have printed it off, dropped it at the PO or with her mailman & no one has updated it yet. The DC info being scanned/updated is dependant on the mail carriers that are handling your package. Sometimes it gets scanned at every stop, other times (like my mailman here), the carriers are too lazy & don't bother. That's an issue that I have had with my mailmain for the longest time!

And randomly, Hurricane/Tropical Storm Isaac has slowed & even halted mail in some areas. As of Oct 11th (I'm not sure of any new news since then) has been responsible for slowing or even stopping mail all together at some post offices. Not sure where the package is coming from/where you are, but that could have an effect on the delivery time.

Advertisement