Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-13-2012, 10:18 PM   #321
geetabean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by photocat
You gals are funny with all the poas talk. I have never poas until af was late, before ttc this time round, it just never really occurred to me to do so. And the darn things are so expensive here, chemist or supermarket for about $20 for two, I think they are FRER.
And I get so nervous when I go to poa opk, I cannot imagine doing it every day several times a day for an hpt. I would be a complete wreck! If I was a poas addict, I'd have to hide it from dh for sure, he would never understand. 'Cos if they were cheap and readily available, I would be probably persuade myself to do it, nervous or not.

Even going to FF to enter my temp makes me slightly anxious, I just wanna see goodness, ya know? The perfect chart! But I need to remember no matter what numbers I enter on there, there is zero I can do to change things at this point in my cycle. Deep breath.....

So, my chart is showing a definite dip, down yesterday and down again today at 6 dpo.

Question: when your temp drops before af, how soon before af arrives does it drop? I'm on cd 20 and have been getting 26 day cycles of late, hoping for a longer cycle this time because I think I O'd later than usual. Or, maybe that is when I always O but because I haven't been charting, I wasn't aware of it.

Arghh, anxiety anyone? We are at about 14 months ttc and the clock is ticking!

Edit: chart link is the C at the end of the top line of my siggy.
Also, those HPTs call to me. They whisper at me and tell me sweet littles lies....they say, "peeeee on me.....peeee on me, I could be positive at 7dpo......peeeee!" I know that they are lying to me, but I just can't help myself. . It's an illness.

Advertisement

Old 10-13-2012, 10:46 PM   #322
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by geetabean

Also, those HPTs call to me. They whisper at me and tell me sweet littles lies....they say, "peeeee on me.....peeee on me, I could be positive at 7dpo......peeeee!" I know that they are lying to me, but I just can't help myself. . It's an illness.
Yours too huh? They're calling me as we speak! When I don't listen they start screaming at me like my AVI!
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:32 AM   #323
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Why is my temp down again?
Old 10-14-2012, 06:34 AM   #324
mvp529
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: TTC 30+ Oct. 8-Oct. 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by geetabean View Post

Gina, our charts look similar. Looks like we can be testing buddies.

SO AMAZING! I finally got my first positive OPK yesterday about 1pm. ( I know I said I was done with them) So went home after work dtd about 10pm and was woke up about 145 am with lower abdominal pain. I was anticipating Oing later in the day on CD14, but when I temped at 530 I had a great temp shift. So I am betting that I O'ed about 12 hrs after my pos-about 1am. It's just amazing how the body works. Our timing was excellent and I am feeling very good about this cycle.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:16 AM   #325
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Hmph...line was lighter on my Answer hpt this morning, so presumably this is a chemical. I didn't even bother w/ pics b/c I had to squint so bad IRL. Anyway, I've got my beta tomorrow; if it's negative, they'll tell me to stop the Crinone & I'll get AF w/in a day or two. If by chance it's positive, I'll go in Wednesday or Thursday for another draw. I don't feel any different & I'm bummed, trying to figure out what to do next...One more IUI? Give up after that? Try IVF? I dunno...it's tough to explain. Imagine if you were told you & your DH could DTD 6 times (not do it like bunnies for 6 cycles; you can go for it 6 times) & if you didn't get pg, you could give up or you could spend several thousand dollars on an unpleasant, invasive procedure that has, at best, about a 50% success rate; those are your only options...WWYD?
Old 10-14-2012, 07:40 AM   #326
tedcgh
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriek38
Hmph...line was lighter on my Answer hpt this morning, so presumably this is a chemical. I didn't even bother w/ pics b/c I had to squint so bad IRL. Anyway, I've got my beta tomorrow; if it's negative, they'll tell me to stop the Crinone & I'll get AF w/in a day or two. If by chance it's positive, I'll go in Wednesday or Thursday for another draw. I don't feel any different & I'm bummed, trying to figure out what to do next...One more IUI? Give up after that? Try IVF? I dunno...it's tough to explain. Imagine if you were told you & your DH could DTD 6 times (not do it like bunnies for 6 cycles; you can go for it 6 times) & if you didn't get pg, you could give up or you could spend several thousand dollars on an unpleasant, invasive procedure that has, at best, about a 50% success rate; those are your only options...WWYD?
Hugs Carrie. Magbe just a bad test? Hopefully the beta will be good news. Truthfully I would be depressed and angry. I don't like people telling me what to do and I would know we wouldn't be successful in that time either. Now if IVF was the only option I would spend my thousands on adoption. We have thought about adopting during our whole relationship and truthfully we were going to adopt this time instead of TTC. Then I got baby fever and I just didn't want to try private infant adoption at this time. It will still be an option though if we stop TTC.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:22 AM   #327
carlycurry
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaDeanette View Post
Why is my temp down again?
Weird, as of now your chart hasn't updated yet and is still showing Saturday as the last temp recorded... maybe it hasn't refreshed for others to view yet....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvp529 View Post

Gina, our charts look similar. Looks like we can be testing buddies.

SO AMAZING! I finally got my first positive OPK yesterday about 1pm. ( I know I said I was done with them) So went home after work dtd about 10pm and was woke up about 145 am with lower abdominal pain. I was anticipating Oing later in the day on CD14, but when I temped at 530 I had a great temp shift. So I am betting that I O'ed about 12 hrs after my pos-about 1am. It's just amazing how the body works. Our timing was excellent and I am feeling very good about this cycle.
Yay for good timing!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriek38 View Post
Hoping and praying that test you took just had less of the dye in it causing a lighter line... I have my fingers and toes crossed for you this cycle!
Baby #3 coming July 2015
carlycurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:51 AM   #328
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlycurry

Weird, as of now your chart hasn't updated yet and is still showing Saturday as the last temp recorded... maybe it hasn't refreshed for others to view yet....

Yay for good timing!!!

Hoping and praying that test you took just had less of the dye in it causing a lighter line... I have my fingers and toes crossed for you this cycle!
It should be updated now.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:55 AM   #329
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriek38
Ugh carrie! Im so angry for you! I dont know what i would do in that situation, if we were you and freya. Those odds are crushing, but ive heard adoption advocates say there is 100% success rate in adoption. And while i suppose that is true if you wait long enough and throw enough money at it i know for a lot of women its just not the same. Or i should say, a decision of adoption vs fertility treatments comes with some grieving period. Even then most hetero couples can still ntnp and hope for a miracle pregnancy. For you guys...that would REALLY be a miracle. And i dont know if this is true for you, but it might be nice to have bio babies that are half sibs to hold on to that sense of normalcy. Or that might not even be a consideration which is cool too.

If you did ivf do you have a vial of Es donor sperm left or could you not use that?
Old 10-14-2012, 10:40 AM   #330
geetabean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm pretty sure that I O'd last night! My temp spiked up this morning.....waiting for the crosshairs on my chart to show up. We had some pretty gourmet BDing this weekend and it's been every day since Wednesday.....I feel like we have a good shot! Fingers crossed! I also have a large stash of HPTs that I'm gong to try and hold off on using. Should I wait to get my crosshairs before I move to TWW?