Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-14-2012, 02:29 PM   #41
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Our meal plan for the week seems yummy and exciting to me! We are having:
Quinoa pizza bites
Chicken less noodle soup
Breakfast for supper
Grilled chicken with veggies and rice
Chicken enchilada stew
Some sort of takeout
Burrito bowls
Stuffed peppers

Had a great day at the pumpkin patch, and now watching football with the fam. Here is one of the best pics from the day. It was misty and damp, but nice and warm.

Attachment 121848

Advertisement

Last edited by lemurmommies; 01-04-2013 at 09:00 PM.
lemurmommies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:18 PM   #42
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's the weekend!

Quinoa pizza bites? Do tell.

Jess, I had the same thing here. The churches closest to our houses are not the denominations we were interested in, and ones we were interested in were in the neighboring towns that bordered ours (but still very close). So the kids that go there are largely from the next town over, with a sprinkling of some of their school classmates. I was hesitant at first, but it widens their circle of friends. And I don't doubt they *could* sit through a traditional service but this makes church way more fun for them and they hang out with kids their age. There are several churches in the area that do this. It's too bad you don't have that option.

We changed out the yard plants a month or so ago, and they are still going. I can't believe the mums and roses are still blooming as cold as it has been. I had totally thought they'd all be gone by now and we'd be sticking pumpkins in the bare spots, which would quickly get eaten from varmints. But they are still hanging in there and the lone pumpkin out there is unscathed. I'm trying to figure out how to do the silhouette decorations we do in the windows for Halloween, but these windows have the individual panes which makes it more complicated.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:27 PM   #43
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

laundry all folded and put away. Bread baked, dinner keeping warm, nap was good.
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:57 PM   #44
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Yup, quinoa pizza bites. See here: http://onceamonthmom.com/quinoa-pizza-bites/ I make them full muffin size, though.

We'll be eating in about 10 minutes.

We don't do church here, because there isn't a UU church close enough to make getting to it fun and easy on a Sunday morning.
lemurmommies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:09 PM   #45
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:

ALl your dinners sound yummy.

We have stuffed fish in breadcrumbs (it's not as fancy as it sounds) and chips.

Time for me to go to bed. Monday morning already here and I need to sleep....Al the kids are going to school/kindergarten tomorrow. No sport this week for the kids (as said by the doctor because they were sick last week...I have to agree though. Shannon has a hole in her heart and Derry is a little weakling. They really should build up to doing strenuous things after being sick), even though they say they feel fine, and I have to remember to give them ABX in the morning too.

everyone!
Old 10-14-2012, 04:20 PM   #46
redgirlsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Snickerdoodle blondies in the oven

Mel, I need to get more quinoa and try those!
So, a DC pedophile kidnapped a girl in Cody WY and molested her, and then let her go. They have now found and arrested him in MT on a 2mill bond. Everyone I know was following the case closely, and now I just looked and they figured out what his name was, went on to his FB page and are harassing his public/business profile. I am sure he will get much worse in prison. Apparently the 10yo girl bloodied his mouth and they have the DNA from it. It makes me sick to think of what she and her family are going through, all because some sick ahole wanted her to "help find his puppy"

"Oh, dear. I really ought to do something. But I am all ready in my pajamas."
redgirlsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:45 PM   #47
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

MH's bed is now all ready for winter too. I took the two top sheets from her bedding sets (one cotton, one flannel) and made a duvet cover for her new down alternative puff.

here is a picture of her in Grandma and Pop's yard yesterday
Old 10-14-2012, 04:58 PM   #48
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OK, found what I needed and now I can create a fleece curtain for her window as well!
Old 10-14-2012, 05:47 PM   #49
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jebus Jess. That's horrific.

Janine, I always err on the side of caution with sports when they are sickish.

That stinks Mel. You would think a city as big as Toronto would have more UU churches. But I guess I'm not surprised, I only knew of one in DFW and I don't even know where one is here.

MH is so growny! I was so surprised how much of a difference fleece curtains made in our house in TX in the winter. We didn't do it at the last house because the way it was set up, all the heat rose up to the bedrooms anyway and since they were small and had small windows, easy to keep warm. Here the upstairs is a lot bigger and every bedroom has a giant window (and ours has two!) so I am thinking I am probably going to have to do fleece curtains here as well. The girls' rooms I can probably mcguyver with blankets but Ian's and our windows face the street so it will have to be more stealth.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:53 PM   #50
redgirlsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mel I stumbled across this website. It has family friendly primal/paleo food and almost 200 lunches http://primalkitchen.blogspot.com/p/...mentarian.html
Sometimes I wish we could tag people in posts!

"Oh, dear. I really ought to do something. But I am all ready in my pajamas."
redgirlsmama is offline   Reply With Quote