Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-14-2012, 06:04 PM   #11
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

Re: Acne during pregnancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
I recommend adding witchhazel. Wash (with whatever you choose), tone with witchhazel, and then moisturize.

I had adult acne and discovered the healing properties of witchhazel in my 30's and it's been a lifesaver. Pregnancy hasn't been able to screw with my face and I generally blame that on the witchhazel as well.

ETA: I also discovered that I cannot use any products with salycilic acid in them. My skin erupts. So, I avoid that. Benzoyl peroxide is good, but there are several other active ingredients that you can find in cleansers. Most things seem to rely on SA though.
That's funny, witch hazel gave me cystic acne. Goes to show everyone's skin is different. I did find for me many moisturizers and foundations made me break out. You might want to try a mineral make-up and a moisturizer for sensitive skin. However, you don't want to try a bunch of new stuff at once cos then if your skin reacts you won't know what did it. Change one thing, wait 2 to 3 weeks before changing something else. I've also heard great things about the Oil cleansing method for acne.

Advertisement

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:39 PM   #12
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandni3 View Post
That's funny, witch hazel gave me cystic acne. Goes to show everyone's skin is different. I did find for me many moisturizers and foundations made me break out. You might want to try a mineral make-up and a moisturizer for sensitive skin. However, you don't want to try a bunch of new stuff at once cos then if your skin reacts you won't know what did it. Change one thing, wait 2 to 3 weeks before changing something else. I've also heard great things about the Oil cleansing method for acne.
weird.

well, I guess there's no 'one size fits all'
Old 10-14-2012, 08:41 PM   #13
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
Ive been using the witchhazel and my acne has cleared up amazingly.my dry patches, not so much.
you might try some psoriasis cream. Normally you could try eczema creams or something, but I'm picky about what goes on my face. Psoriasis cream is nice and mild, but effective. Of course, my dry patches are psoriasis.. so that's likely why it works.. but DH likes to use it on his eczema and he thinks it helps that.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:29 PM   #14
jlsquire0324
Registered Users

Mary Kay time wise has worked wonders for my skin during pregnancy. Kinda pricey but cheaper than prescriptions. I was on prescriptions too before I got pregnant w/DD last year...
jlsquire0324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:36 PM   #15
evasimone
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have pretty bad hormonal acne and pregnancy hasn't improved it. What works best for me is Philosophy toner/facewash and witch hazel. It's important to use good quality witch hazel. The stuff sold in most drugstores is not real witch hazel and is mostly rubbing alcohol. I use thayers brand and its alcohol free and works great.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:42 PM   #16
Mommyto2B2G
Registered Users
Formerly: **kau*
seller

My Mood:

Thank you for all the great advice and suggestions ladies.
Mommyto2B2G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:49 AM   #17
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

I just remembered that fish oil is good for cystic acne as it reduces inflammation and it's great for baby during pregnancy. Just make sure it's a good quality fish oil that is distilled to remove heavy metals. I take NutriSea with Vit D.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote