Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-15-2012, 10:58 AM   #11
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Oct 14th-20th

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBarton View Post
why do people assume that just because you have one of each then you are done?!?! GGRRR how ignorant! we get the Duggar comments when people ask how many we are going to have, because our response is "that's up to God" or "as many as God will give us" then with out fail comes the "are you going to be like the Duggars and have like a 100 kids?" comments or something to that effect. gets old but ya know what i would be honored if God saw fit to bless us with that many children! call me crazy I dont care! lol I dont care what anyone else does so why do people care so much what I do??? ok getting down off soap box now! lol
Sarah
Totally agree with you.

Quote:
Going to see the diapers my friend has for sale in T-minus 5 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!! as i am typing this my dear sweet husband decided to respond to my message asking when he is coming home for lunch and of course the answer is NOW are u kidding me???? doesnt he know i have diapers to look at and buy??? (although i'm pretty sure that is why he picked now to come home so i cant go buy them lol) its a darn good thing he's cute!
Make him a sandwich and leave it on the table?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf88 View Post
12 weeks! This is hopefully the last week that I feel like an invalid! I'm starting to go stir crazy being stuck in the house, but I'm too nauseous to go anywhere.
for 12 weeks! the m/s will let up soon for you!

Advertisement

canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:06 AM   #12
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:

I got those comments after clara....one even asked if I was going to get my tubes tied......her daughter did thst....blah, blah, blah. Um no. thats an invasive surgery and ive had vaginal births?!?!!!!

Just finished entering my consignment sale stuff. I get to shop on saturday for the kids winter clothes!!! Im excited!!
Old 10-15-2012, 11:42 AM   #13
sunnygirlmomof6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had my MW appt last week and all is well! The SCH is gone!
We tried to tell the sex but could not get a good shot. First, the baby was cross legged and when she got a profile of the lower end of baby, she thought she saw boy parts, then when we finally got a good spread leg shot, there were no boy parts, so still not sure! LOL We will get our measurement US on Nov. 8th, so we will find out then!

We had a lazy weekend which was great since we have been so busy lately. This week will be very busy and stressful though.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:51 AM   #14
MamaBarton
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
Make him a sandwich and leave it on the table?
lol I was tempted but I always feel guilty, well not so much guilty as I want to be here when he is since he works so much.... can you tell we're newlyweds?? lol
MamaBarton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:16 PM   #15
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers
from last week's thread...

OMGosh. Seriously? And they didn't tell the mama?!
No flippin' way would I be going along with that. No way, no how. That is really rude and horrid of them to just do all that without parents' input.

Gosh. Man, this really makes me angry. Honestly.
You said it's a destination wedding - I assume that means the guests had to pay for getting there and whatnot? If I was this other mama, and they tried to force me into this sh!t with the sitter and baby, I'd be sending them a nice bill for a weekend wasted.

Sorry Seriously. ANGRY!
Oh I was pretty angry, too. I was bitter about the whole weekend. I noticed the mom didnt come out for the ceremony so I am guessing she thought that was ridiculous, too. AND it was freeeeezing with an OUTdoor wedding in Maryland on the shore in October. Then, they had cocktail hour outside. Everyone was complaining. It was a shame because it was probably at $40K wedding and all I will remember is COLD and haughty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBarton
we had a five pound baby at our wedding she was 3 months old but was a 28weeker. and let me tell you i found out she was on her way about 1 minute before i walked down the aisle and i started balling! we could not have been happier that she was there! we had several children at our wedding and wouldnt have had it any other way! i just dont understand how someone could do that to a mother, especially one that traveled to a destination wedding to be there! i would have taken my baby and left, no matter who it was!!!!! i hope she stuck up for herself! ugh people are irritating lol
Oh, me, too! I loved having kids at my wedding! To me, a wedding day is the start of a new family. So why wouldnt it be a family event? We even requested specific songs just for the kiddos and had hot dogs and chicken fingers for them instead of chicken parm and steak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf88

I feel the same! I was a little disappointed that there were only a handful of kids besides mine at my wedding! Of all the wedding pictures my favorite are of our first dance when my stepson joined us, and a picture of my boys playing in the middle of the dance floor together. We purposely had a casual barbeque style wedding at a campground so that it was more kid friendly.
Maybe if we hadn't had kids yet my mind set would have been different though.
This was us, too. It was a very causal dinner and dancing at a state park.

Anyways, looks like we have a few appts this week. Cant wait to hear updates!

Afm, we are finally flea free so I am fall decorating. We are gonna make pumpkin shaped pizzas for dinner. Tomorrow DH is taking the day off to go pumpkin farm hopping with us. Pumpkin soup for dinner! Trying to stuff fall into this week as much as we can!!
Old 10-15-2012, 12:35 PM   #16
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
Just finished entering my consignment sale stuff. I get to shop on saturday for the kids winter clothes!!! Im excited!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygirlmomof6 View Post
I had my MW appt last week and all is well! The SCH is gone!
We tried to tell the sex but could not get a good shot. First, the baby was cross legged and when she got a profile of the lower end of baby, she thought she saw boy parts, then when we finally got a good spread leg shot, there were no boy parts, so still not sure! LOL We will get our measurement US on Nov. 8th, so we will find out then!
that's great! glad everything looks well and all are healthy!
I canNOT believe we're getting within weeks of people having their anatomy u/s... that's like HALF WAY THROUGH, mamas!

Quote:
lol I was tempted but I always feel guilty, well not so much guilty as I want to be here when he is since he works so much.... can you tell we're newlyweds?? lol
no worries. Hell, DH and I feel the same way and we're 11 years in now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
Oh I was pretty angry, too. I was bitter about the whole weekend. I noticed the mom didnt come out for the ceremony so I am guessing she thought that was ridiculous, too. AND it was freeeeezing with an OUTdoor wedding in Maryland on the shore in October. Then, they had cocktail hour outside. Everyone was complaining. It was a shame because it was probably at $40K wedding and all I will remember is COLD and haughty.

Afm, we are finally flea free so I am fall decorating. We are gonna make pumpkin shaped pizzas for dinner. Tomorrow DH is taking the day off to go pumpkin farm hopping with us. Pumpkin soup for dinner! Trying to stuff fall into this week as much as we can!!
Wow. That was a big waste of $$ and some poor timing with those locales! Good heavens.
It's terrible, but I'm people were complaining! Serves the couple right!

Sounds like a great fall week for ya! Soak up all the DH time you can
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:53 PM   #17
rverrone11
Registered Users
seller
seller

Dp

Last edited by rverrone11; 10-15-2012 at 12:57 PM.
rverrone11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:55 PM   #18
rverrone11
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by rverrone11
I got all these plus a maternity t-shirt for $2 at the thrift shop!

Old 10-15-2012, 12:55 PM   #19
rverrone11
Registered Users
seller
seller

I think I'm going to give in and go to a closer hospital even though the OB is out of network. It's only 1.5 hours instead of over 3 hours. I have no idea how naturally friendly the hospital or OB are, but it will be so much easier. We own a house that is 15 minutes from this hospital, so I'll stay there starting a week before my due date. It's going to be about $5,000 so it will be quite pricey but I think it is worth it to avoid a 3+ hour drive.

Last edited by rverrone11; 10-15-2012 at 01:00 PM.
rverrone11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:07 PM   #20
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rverrone11 View Post
Awesome find!!!!!!

See I never get that lucky!

I guess I am meant to pay full price

I am so super tired today.

My boys go to pre school and they had library today. When they have library they walk to the town library--it is around the corner and they have to cross some busy streets. So I go as a helper. I put dd on my back and help walk the kiddos over. I was so exhausted from the walk, the heat, and the library. I officially decided that I hate hot especially in OCTOBER!!!!!! I want my mid-atlantic lifestyle back Well at least until it gets below 50
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote