Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-15-2012, 07:16 AM   #121
abhernandez
Registered Users

Re: Pregnancy After Loss (October 1-15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
Hope everyone's weekend is going well!

I hit 14 weeks today, and also 3 months today 2nd trimester, baby!
Woowooo!! Welcome to the 2nd tri!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS8213 View Post
Hi gals! Had a pretty uneventful weekend but it went by fast. I've got my 20w scan tomorrow morning so I'll check in after that!
I can't wait to hear good news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverNHS View Post
Crampiness, sudden sharp pain, and then a gush of fluid.

I swear I pulled down my pants in the middle of my kitchen right then and there to make sure it wasn't blood.
Been there, done that. This weekend, I had it happen so many times, it was ridiculous.... I actually had to change my clothes. So I went to l&d and got the strip test to see if it was amniotic fluid. Nope. I'm just crazy paranoid. And apparently I pee myself and don't know it. Sigh. At 23 weeks? Really now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finleyjudemommy View Post

AFM.....23 weeks 3 days today...felt movement almost all day yesterday! The baby had the hiccups at least 4 different times last night I looked it up and actually read that "only the more mature fetuses will hiccup as hiccups rely on the development of the central nervous system." Not sure how reliable that is and I don't care, it made me feel better. 5 year old daughter had them all the time in my belly too.....

Everyone talks about hiccups but I have no idea what they feel like? I get a lot of movement but it feels more like he's just bumping around in there.

Advertisement

Old 10-15-2012, 08:06 AM   #122
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhernandez View Post
Everyone talks about hiccups but I have no idea what they feel like? I get a lot of movement but it feels more like he's just bumping around in there.
Hiccups are regular and rhythmic. And I don't know if this is true for everyone, but with DD, I could tell the difference between hiccups and kicks because the hiccups could be felt from the outside ALL OVER my belly, but a kick could only be felt from the outside at the "kick spot."
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:53 AM   #123
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:
Drive by posting....

Had a great appt and baby looks perfect! SHE was sucking her toe and we have photo proof, lol! Yep, it's a GIRL!!! Off to shop with the hubby now.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using DS Forum
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:57 AM   #124
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhernandez View Post
hiccups feel just like when you have the hiccups - except your belly has them instead of you! they're like an all over the belly bump.

Quote:
Drive by posting....

Had a great appt and baby looks perfect! SHE was sucking her toe and we have photo proof, lol! Yep, it's a GIRL!!! Off to shop with the hubby now.
what wonderful news!!! congrats on your wee girlie!!!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:25 AM   #125
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers
I mean, I know it could be lots of things and everything could be fine. But my inner stupid voice keeps screaming that the Babe is all ready dead, just floating around in me, just like Elli did, that I'm just carrying death again.
Don't like feeling like this, having these thoughts.
and for some wiggles again today. We'll be home all day, so I'll be more "normal" activity wise (not walking around constantly, lol). So hopefully I'll be reassured and feeling okay again by the end of the day.
Hope he starts giving your insides heck today.

And almost all of my miscarriages have been misses miscarriages where I carried 5-7 weeks after baby stopped developing. Not exactly what you're going through as Elli was farther along, but I am very very familiar with carrying death and the fear and horror of finding out that the baby you are growing has died inside you. And the constant debilitating worry that it's happening again.
Marie CDing, BWing, ERFing, ExtBFing, Picture-Obsessed mama to Smidget (6/09) and 6 angels (6 weeks 9/07, 12 weeks 4/08, 4 weeks 9/10, 15 weeks 04/11, Deagan born alive at 23 weeks 10/11, and 9 weeks 2/12) and wife to AJ since 2005.

[***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40]
quicksilverNHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:27 AM   #126
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS8213
Drive by posting....

Congrats!!!
Marie CDing, BWing, ERFing, ExtBFing, Picture-Obsessed mama to Smidget (6/09) and 6 angels (6 weeks 9/07, 12 weeks 4/08, 4 weeks 9/10, 15 weeks 04/11, Deagan born alive at 23 weeks 10/11, and 9 weeks 2/12) and wife to AJ since 2005.

[***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40]
quicksilverNHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:31 AM   #127
myblessedbaby
Registered
seller

Quote:
and for some wiggles again today. We'll be home all day, so I'll be more "normal" activity wise (not walking around constantly, lol). So hopefully I'll be reassured and feeling okay again by the end of the day.
Hope you are able to relax some today and focus on feeling those reassuring kicks.

Quote:
Drive by posting....

Congrats on a perfect baby girl
Old 10-15-2012, 12:48 PM   #128
finleyjudemommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Congrats on your girl! :-). I am so happy for you!!

The hiccups are just what Har
Old 10-15-2012, 10:23 PM   #129
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverNHS View Post
Crampiness, sudden sharp pain, and then a gush of fluid.
I swear I pulled down my pants in the middle of my kitchen right then and there to make sure it wasn't blood.
Also: dear stretching pains, I'm glad you're there, but please don't scare the crap out of meagain. Keep it on an even keel, okay?
Also: DH farted near me tonight---and sent me rushing to hurl. Thanks DH!!!
I would've freaked about the fluid too! And ewww about the fart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by finleyjudemommy View Post
AFM.....23 weeks 3 days today...felt movement almost all day yesterday! The baby had the hiccups at least 4 different times last night I looked it up and actually read that "only the more mature fetuses will hiccup as hiccups rely on the development of the central nervous system." Not sure how reliable that is and I don't care, it made me feel better. 5 year old daughter had them all the time in my belly too.....
Love baby belly hiccups! Out of both kids my DD only had them once.

Quote:
AFM: I'm trying not to freak out. Not succeeding well, based on being awake and tossing and turning half the night. But trying not to freak out. There's nothing we could do anyways.
I didn't feel Babe move much on Saturday through the day, but we were out and busy, running around (literally tons of walking) all day. I'm sure I could have missed movement, kwim? That night I finally felt him squirming and moving, probably for 20-30 minutes or so (that's normal as per what I felt through last week).
Then yesterday I felt almost nothing, all day. I think I felt a little moving at church during the sermon and again after supper (again we were busy, running around most of the day, those were nearly the only times we were sitting down) but if it was movement it was only a minute or 2, nothing like the tons of squirming and moving he normally has been doing.

I mean, I know it could be lots of things and everything could be fine. But my inner stupid voice keeps screaming that the Babe is all ready dead, just floating around in me, just like Elli did, that I'm just carrying death again.
Don't like feeling like this, having these thoughts.
It's so hard not worrying. I hadn't felt movement for so so long and just within the last few days I've been feeling more wiggles. Hang in there. If you don't mind me asking, do you have Elli's story some place? I think I've looked at the blog but didn't get the whole picture.

AFM: As I said earlier, our appt went superbly. I wasn't really nervous, but that nasty little bit of doubt creeped in just as I was laying down on the u/s table. I ignored it. I have an anterior placenta, which is something I suspected since I have hardly felt anything but little thumps every now and then. Baby girl looked great. She sucked on her toes...yes, toes...the entire length of the scan. Silly girl! She's also currently breech. Which explains why I felt like I was kicked/punched in the cervix 2 days ago. I know there's plenty of time for her to turn so she better!

We did a gender reveal for our kids after they got home from school. We put pink helium balloons in a big cardboard box and I decorated the outside. Took them to a park and let them open the box. DH caught it all on video and I caught it on camera. Let's just say that our son was less than happy about getting a baby sister. The tears were flowing for a good 5+ minutes! I'm so glad we caught it all on film/video. Love love love it. Just a few quick pictures from today.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:25 PM   #130
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:
ForumRunner_20121015_232439.jpg

ForumRunner_20121015_232458.jpg