Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-16-2012, 11:02 AM   #21
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Re: Crib in the bathtub?

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthflower View Post
closets and bathtubs for cribs? I would never have thought, very different!
LOL, I'm talking about the gigantic closets.

We rented a house on vacay once and the walk in closet was like 1/4 the size of the bedroom (which was also gigantic). If I had to guess I'd say the dimensions were at least 8ftx8ft. It even had an AC vent in the ceiling. The pack-n-play fit fine (with room to walk around it and hang our clothes without touching it), and we were all happy... even if it WAS a little unorthodox. LOL That's what I was thinking of for the OP.

Advertisement

Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:11 AM   #22
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

dh's closet(2 in the MBR) is 6x6 and we put a pnp in there for ds when my 4 nieces lived with us....he never used it and its still in there but it totally "could" have worked lol
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:58 AM   #23
escapethevillage
Registered Users

My Mood:

I put daycare baby in the master bedroom walk in closet in the summer. It's the most comfortable room in the house during the hot months.

Can you use a closet?
Old 10-16-2012, 12:26 PM   #24
mama_to_DJM
Registered Users

My DS2 slept in our bathroom for about the first 6 months. At the time we were in a 2 bed, 2 bath apartment. We never used the master bathroom, so we set up a pack 'n play in there. It worked great for our situation!

My cooking blog- http://michellesnewrecipes.blogspot.com/
mama_to_DJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:36 PM   #25
keonli
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh, I had read it as this bathroom being a permanent set up for the baby. Just realized it was temporary.
keonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:13 PM   #26
mrspopo
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thank you for all the comments and input. We still have a long time to decide, so we will keep thinking.

I wish there were usable closets, but they are all less than 2 x 3. A few people mentioned the fire danger that a firefighter wouldnt look in a bathroom for a baby. Would that be true of closets too?

Going off of our first baby, we need to get some space for me to sleep. I fall on the autism spectrum with sensory issues. The slightest touch or lightest sound jolts me awake. Not just the crying baby, any sound they make just makes me wide awake. I tried for 2 months with dd, but i was literally not sleeping.

I made a point of keeping the house loud so dd would be able to sleep through anything. After 6 months of her waking up from any sound and having a cranky kid all day, i finally made things quiet. I was purposefully avoiding having a baby that needed silence to sleep, but it didnt work out.

Moving a crying baby into her room would be a disaster at this point. I have never been able to sneak into her room without her waking up, let alone tending to a crying baby. Maybe in a year things will be different. But it would be nice to know there is a quiet option if we end up needing it.
mrspopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:35 AM   #27
bcb1961
Registered Users
seller
seller

It isn't your fault that your baby is a light sleeper, regardless of what some of the other posts say.

I think the closet would pose the same fire risk as the bathroom.
bcb1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:45 AM   #28
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes a closet is also a fire risk, and illegal in most states to use as a bedroom.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:48 AM   #29
Only
Registered Users
Formerly: hu**rees
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Connor
What kind of tubs do y'all have that fit cribs?? I have never heard of this, and would never dream of putting a child in a bathtub at any age, but I am just sitting here trying to invision a crib in a bathtub.
Took the words out of my texting fingers.

Austen 06/12
Only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:27 PM   #30
MamaNae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

With me my parents just put me directly into the bathtub On pillows and a blanket over the pillow. We lived in a 21ft tug behind camper at the time (1 bedroom) and there was no room in the bedroom for a crib. I also slept in a dresser drawer...my dad took medical gauze and taped it over the heads of the screws that held the knobs on hehe
Renae. Helpmeet to my hottie hubby, Josh. Devoted Mama to my Wolf scout-bookworm-sports-a-holic James (7), my Daisy Scout Princess Aldria (5) and my 2 year old Tornado Emmett and [COLOR="Magenta"] and my tiny squish Cora Paige! (May 2013)
MamaNae is offline   Reply With Quote