Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-15-2012, 06:57 PM   #11
kushie tushie
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by happymama1
I'm going to be the odd ball here...

totally wish it could be an all natural vaginal delivery. But, after one regular, vaginal delivery and two c-sections due to medical complications with the babies...mine will be a scheduled c-section at 39 weeks.

I'm at peace with it though. Trying to look on the bright side about it.
As long as baby and mama are healthy, that's all that matters

Amanda . Blaming my phone for typos and crap.

Advertisement

kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:02 PM   #12
Maeve Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: natural, medicated, induction, vbac or c-section

Going for natural and unmedicated-I do use nitrous(laughing gas) during my labor-not sure if that still puts me under the "drug free" or "natural" catigory but it's not an epi or pain killer through a needle so I don't know what it qualifies as I just know I like it during transition...LOL.

Eli I did take a natural labour cocktail to get things going- my babies are late- DD 10 days, DS 11 days (will never do that again) but I was nerveous about going much more over(my midwife was also not that great and helping in matters)... BUT this time I know better and am okay with it and am going to comfortably let this baby start it's own labor when the time is right.

Last edited by Maeve Baby; 10-15-2012 at 08:35 PM.
Maeve Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:28 PM   #13
Sunshine915
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'll try for unmedicated again, but I caved with my previous labors and got the epi. I tend to have long-ish labors so after awhile, I just can't take the pain. I'm going for my second VBAC. The first went PERFECTLY so hopefully another VBAC is in the cards. I've thoroughly enjoyed my previous labors (even the first, which ended in a c section since DD2 was sunny side up and stuck) so I'm excited to do it all again!
Sunshine915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:04 PM   #14
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Planned homebirth here, they will have to take me to a hospital kicking and screaming! just kidding but really it would have to be a life or death situation for me to go to the hospital. I really hate them and after my twin's birth I have pretty severe PTSD that makes me go into a panic when I drive by the hospital.
Hoping for a waterbirth, looking into hypnobabies and thinking about a doula. Right now I just have my wonderful midwife nailed down and our nanny who lives with us will help with the twins while I labor. Looking forward to the exact opposite experience that I had with my girls who had a very medical beginning.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:47 AM   #15
eco-mum
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I am planning for a natural/unmedicated birth. Though who knows if that will happen. With DD my contractions were 30seconds apart throughout the entire labor and it was just waayyy too much to handle. I'm hoping they'll be a little further apart and a little easier to try and manage the pain this time around.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:30 AM   #16
lilbitcrunchy
Registered Users
Formerly: lovnbabygabi
seller

My Mood:

Second homebirth here. I use Hypnobabies and it's fantastic.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:46 AM   #17
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

another homebirth
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:56 AM   #18
Christylkeller
Registered Users

My Mood:

I am praying for a natural, unmedicated, VBAM3C. I will have a doula and since I live so far from the hospital, we are planning on gettting a hotel room closer in for me to labor in. I really don't want to get to the hospital until the baby is right there, ready to come out.

Homeschooling mom to A- '01, M- '05, E- '08 and G born 3/5/13 VBA3C

Always missing my 17 weeker E 7/25/11
Christylkeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:30 AM   #19
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Im hoping for a natural, vaginal, unmedicated labor and delivery at my birth center. With DS, I had a very long labor and delivery that totally wiped me out. In the end I needed what my midwives called "2 drops" of pitocin (lol), but no epi even though I was begging for one (haha), to help push my big, overdue babe out. Im hoping this little girl decides to not overstay her welcome lol, is a size that my body can more easily handle haha, and comes after a short-moderate labor so that mama isnt so wiped out :-). We shall see, but I am at peace with whatever God dictates :-)!
Old 10-16-2012, 04:18 PM   #20
sterlids
Registered Users
seller

i spoke with my doc yesterday at my appt about an un-medicated birth and she said that all 3 docs are very supportive of that! she had an unmedicated birth with her second child so that helps too that she's been through it and knows what to expect and all that. i asked if i'll be allowed to walk around and move around while laboring and she said yeah as long as i'm not constricted with a monitor or iv. she said i can refuse fluids if i want but they have to have iv access. i already know that being a medical person myself. i also asked if i'll be forced to get in bed on my back to push the baby out and she said they prefer that but no i won't have to unless there is something wrong with me or the baby. so it's looking extremely promising this time!!!