Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-16-2012, 04:41 PM   #11
love2row
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Lil Shamrocks - Week of Oct 15

Congrats on the little girl Trace! I'm glad to see that things are evening out a bit. And Heather, I'm happy that you've stuck to Team Green. There's a part of me that feels so weak for jumping ship.

QOTW - I would love to go back to Italy, but I would do it like I did the last time. Rent a villa in Tuscany (thanks mom & dad) and cars and try to make it as leisurely as possible. I think it might be more doable that way with kids.

Speaking of traveling, I just found out from my sister that my folks are planning a trip to France. Great, right?? Well, my mom has Alzheimer's (diagnosed about 3 yrs ago) and really struggles with traveling even domestically to visit her kids. We talked to my dad last year about the reality of intern'l traveling being out now do to mom's condition. But he's evidently asked my mom where she might want to go in Europe, she said France, and now they're going. THey are bringing my half-brother & his wife along, which is good that they'll be someone to help my mom go to the bathroom & such, but my sis and I are both so frustrated that he is still in such denial about my mom and what good and not good situations are for her. I'm sure that there will be some good times on the trip, but there will be more times where my mom get frustrated and scared and will want to go home. I guess there's only so much we can do and my dad needs to figure this out for himself.

AFM - not much here. I think I over did it on some mini cupcakes today and my stomach isn't happy. I'm on backup for another birth during the next few days, so hopefully it will go smoothly if I get called in.

Advertisement

Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam & Welcoming #2 in March 2013 New SAHM & Labor Doula.

love2row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:30 PM   #12
NappyChappy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Team Green all the way. DH was really insistent that he wanted to find out this time and I was caving to the idea, but the closer we get the more I don't want to know. So he finally said no problem it was up to me and no pouting. DH loves me!

QOTW: Paris, France, Barcelona, Spain, Alaska, or Hawaii - We've been to Paris and DH and I swear we will go back.

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1454524
NappyChappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:26 PM   #13
roseyroberts
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I had a midwife appt today. I am 17 wks. My midwife ordered a, sonogram ..which I have never had her do before. ..but she has some concerns. She gave me a big hug and said she was really worried for awhile if we were going to pull through the severe morning sickness (i lost 25 lbs). I assumed I had hyperemesis from what I researched but she never said. But on the sono order for reason it says "hypermesis and grand multigravida". So apparently the hypermesis can cause some long term problems....i can get my sono at 20 wks...i will breathe easier to see that all is well.
They measured me today at 19 cm. I asked if that was on schedule..thinking it off...she said yes your 18.5 weeks so close to 19wks...uh...no..i am 17 weeks! So now those 2 extra centemeters have me wondering if something is up. I So shouldnt question 2 measly cm's but what does a pregnant lady have to do but speculate about her pregnancy??
Old 10-16-2012, 07:31 PM   #14
Maeve Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Okay already, was team green really meant to be for us???...get this... .

Midwife called today-everything looks great but they did not get as a good of a look as they wanted too of the baby's heart. They said it's very common and no need to worry but I need to go back for another U/S in two weeks.

SERIOUSLY already I JUST barely made it through with out caving this last time and afterwards I wish I had found out just a little simply because I feel so strongly it's a girl now but secondly DH and I were just talking about how nice it would be not to struggle over a boys name if we didn't need too which we are having a VERY hard time with so I'm not sure I will be able to make it through yet another U/S opt with out caving...AHHHH I'm so sorry, I'm sure listen to me go over this a thousand times must be annouying-I know DH thinks so even though he doesn't say it... .
Old 10-16-2012, 07:39 PM   #15
Sunshine915
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Arggggh I came home to a message on my machine that my ultrasound tomorrow has to be rescheduled! It probably is because one of the techs is on medical leave (as opposed to poor Anya and her silly doctor) but still....WAAH! This is the second time this pregnancy that I've had an u/s cancelled on me!

I'm hoping that I can reschedule for sometime tomorrow still, but that seems highly doubtful. I am being hormonal and sad. I also came home to a dead fish (my DD is going to be so sad! We had her grandmother come to feed the pets, so it was just meant to be) AND missed the earthquake that hit near my house. Booooo!
Sunshine915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:46 PM   #16
samham
Registered Users
seller

Hey ladies. Had my monthly OB appointment today. They said everything looks good. Nothing they can do about my back/tailbone/leg/pelvic bone pain. Already wearing a support belt but doesn't seem to help and insurance doesn't cover chiro so we will see how it goes. Did find out the hospital ordered birthing tubs so I'm hopeful they will be there in time for us to use them. Really don't want an epidural or pain meds, just a nice relaxing (haha) birth.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:50 PM   #17
Sunshine915
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Cynthia- I wouldn't worry about being off in your measurements a little bit. It's not an accurate measurement, just a guideline. That being said, I get being worried. That's what moms do

Heather- don't feel bad about thinking and rethinking team green. I don't think you can make a bad decision there, though! If you are scrutinizing the skull, maybe you should just find out? It seems like you want to deep down...just my 2 cents. Try not to stress out too much... You'll find out eventually, right? Oh, and I had to go back for a second look at my DD1's heart at her anatomy scan, too. Kiddo was too wiggly! It is pretty common. At the time, I was excited to get a second chance to check the gender! Haha!
Sunshine915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:52 PM   #18
earthmama7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by miraclebaby View Post
I'll be going to my one and only u/s on Nov 15th, so still a month away for me. I'll be there alone and will not be finding out the gender.

I had an interview today at a really great psychiatric hospital today that pays VERY well. I'm hoping I get this job, its 2, 12 hour shifts a week, and overnights which sucks, but i have to do it since i need to buy a new house now.

Going to court next wed for the PFA hearing. My lawyer is representing me. We'll see how that goes.. i'm totally nervous.

My pelvis has been burning for two days, idk if i pulled a muscle or something but it hurts so bad i want to cry. I've been taking 1500mg ex tylenol but its barely touching it. I need to see the chiro i guess.
Be careful taking that much tylenol at a time. More than 1000mg at a time can cause liver damage, and you should also not exceed 4000mg in a day. I'm sorry you are in pain And fingers crossed you get the job!
earthmama7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:13 PM   #19
lilbitcrunchy
Registered Users
Formerly: lovnbabygabi
seller

My Mood:

Still team green.

AOTW- Definitely Europe!

Cynthia I wouldn't worry at all about 2cm either

Stephanie I hope you get the job!

Beth- I'm sorry about your mom I could see how taking a trip like that would be rather disorienting and stressful. I hope the good times outweigh the tough times.

No appt til Halloween! Which should be just an uneventful "how are you?" "fine" "see you in a month" type of deal. I imagine they'll schedule my u/s for a couple weeks after. DD1 informed me that she gets scared when she sees the baby in my tummy and she'd rather go to a sitter than come! I had no idea. We're really having to work with her on vocalizing her emotions. We had to take her out of preschool, she was getting full on anxiety attacks to the point of throwing up for fear of not being a "good listener".
Old 10-16-2012, 09:32 PM   #20
Maeve Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Lauren sorry to hear your u/s opt got canceled-what a bummer. Hoping they get you in soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine915 View Post
Heather- don't feel bad about thinking and rethinking team green. I don't think you can make a bad decision there, though! If you are scrutinizing the skull, maybe you should just find out? It seems like you want to deep down...just my 2 cents. Try not to stress out too much... You'll find out eventually, right? Oh, and I had to go back for a second look at my DD1's heart at her anatomy scan, too. Kiddo was too wiggly! It is pretty common. At the time, I was excited to get a second chance to check the gender! Haha!
I do want to know-I really thought I wanted to wait but as soon as I saw the baby I thought....hmmm really looks like DD-could it be a girl!-than I have just been convinced since. I will just see what I feel like at the u/s-DH I think at this point really wants to know-he seemed pretty excited when I said I thought it was a girl.

To be continued... .. .

Last edited by Maeve Baby; 10-16-2012 at 09:33 PM.
Maeve Baby is offline   Reply With Quote