Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2012, 04:21 PM   #21
twinpossible's Avatar
twinpossible
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: in a pile of laundry!
Posts: 1,987
My Mood:
Re: natural, medicated, induction, vbac or c-section

Quote:
Originally Posted by NappyChappy View Post
All natural homebirth. Maybe a glass of wine lol.
Haha good idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlids View Post
i spoke with my doc yesterday at my appt about an un-medicated birth and she said that all 3 docs are very supportive of that! she had an unmedicated birth with her second child so that helps too that she's been through it and knows what to expect and all that. i asked if i'll be allowed to walk around and move around while laboring and she said yeah as long as i'm not constricted with a monitor or iv. she said i can refuse fluids if i want but they have to have iv access. i already know that being a medical person myself. i also asked if i'll be forced to get in bed on my back to push the baby out and she said they prefer that but no i won't have to unless there is something wrong with me or the baby. so it's looking extremely promising this time!!!
All great news

Advertisement

__________________
A crunchy wife to B and momma of identical twin girls G & E , our rainbow
baby C born at home April 2013 and R forever in my heart.
twinpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:39 PM   #22
joeslittlewoman's Avatar
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 3,925
It is looking like a "natural" csection. I've had two "post dates" inductions, both ending in csection. OK is going backwards as far as VBAC/VBAMCs are concerned. There are a few options left, one being HBA2C, but hubby isn't sure he can get comfortable with it. If not, I'll stick with my doc from DS2. I really like him, his hospitals just don't do VBAC anymore. He has offered to let me see the delivery and have the baby immediately on my chest to breastfeed in the OR and is fine with waiting until 40-41 weeks.

Unfortunately, it isn't me that gets impatient waiting on my babies, it's my docs. I'll probably never know what would happen naturally. It sucks not knowing. It would almost be easier to KNOW I can or cannot birth my kiddos. I am making peace with not ever knowing, though. It looks like the direction we are heading.
__________________
Wife to Joe. Proud, tired mommy to Captain Destructive (6/09), Sir Screams-a-lot (8/10), and another little miracle due 3/13.
Trusting God brings life. Believing brings rest.
joeslittlewoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:08 PM   #23
happymama1's Avatar
happymama1
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,892
My Mood:
Re: natural, medicated, induction, vbac or c-section

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeslittlewoman View Post
It is looking like a "natural" csection. I've had two "post dates" inductions, both ending in csection. OK is going backwards as far as VBAC/VBAMCs are concerned. There are a few options left, one being HBA2C, but hubby isn't sure he can get comfortable with it. If not, I'll stick with my doc from DS2. I really like him, his hospitals just don't do VBAC anymore. He has offered to let me see the delivery and have the baby immediately on my chest to breastfeed in the OR and is fine with waiting until 40-41 weeks.

Unfortunately, it isn't me that gets impatient waiting on my babies, it's my docs. I'll probably never know what would happen naturally. It sucks not knowing. It would almost be easier to KNOW I can or cannot birth my kiddos. I am making peace with not ever knowing, though. It looks like the direction we are heading.
I'm right there with you! I wish I lived in an area where VBA2C's were welcomed by reasonable OBGYNs..or that birth center's took people like me! Instead, I've been working on making peace with my planned repeat c-section, I actually had a "good" experience with my youngest....so at least I'm at peace with it.
__________________
wife to mama to my
never forgetting my tiny babies 11/13/09, 4/12/2012, 5/24/2012, 4/22/2014
hoping for another baby
happymama1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:45 PM   #24
earthmama7's Avatar
earthmama7
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Lake Arrowhead, CA
Posts: 382
My Mood:
Re: natural, medicated, induction, vbac or c-section

Hoping for a second natural VBAC. I am worried because last time I delivered at a Birth Center, and this time I am delivering at a teaching hospital that is known for rushing patients to have there babies, especially the pushing part. I also heard that several people come in the room to watch like interns and what not. That might make me uncomfortable as I am a very modest person. (Although in the heat of the moment, it may not be an issue...we'll see I guess)
earthmama7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:09 PM   #25
kushie tushie's Avatar
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7,887
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthmama7
Hoping for a second natural VBAC. I am worried because last time I delivered at a Birth Center, and this time I am delivering at a teaching hospital that is known for rushing patients to have there babies, especially the pushing part. I also heard that several people come in the room to watch like interns and what not. That might make me uncomfortable as I am a very modest person. (Although in the heat of the moment, it may not be an issue...we'll see I guess)
You can always denied people in your room at a teaching hospital but know that when interns are in there they are seen a natural birth. Which is rare (for the most part). By letting them see it you are making natural birth normal.

Amanda . Blaming my phone for typos and crap.
__________________
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:51 PM   #26
sterlids's Avatar
sterlids
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: misawa, japan
Posts: 1,182
Re: natural, medicated, induction, vbac or c-section

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushie tushie View Post
You can always denied people in your room at a teaching hospital but know that when interns are in there they are seen a natural birth. Which is rare (for the most part). By letting them see it you are making natural birth normal.

Amanda . Blaming my phone for typos and crap.
i agree 100%!! you can deny having the onlookers in there but at the same time they aren't even taught about natural births much less seeing one. obstetricians are surgeons by trade and would rather do a c-section than do a birth. that is why the induction rate is higher than it should be. they don't want to wait around forever for nature to take it's course.
__________________
danielle, loving wife to jayson 10-16-03 , SAHM to lucian 2-13-07 and aurelia 3-26-13
sterlids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:32 AM   #27
twinpossible's Avatar
twinpossible
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: in a pile of laundry!
Posts: 1,987
My Mood:
Re: natural, medicated, induction, vbac or c-section

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlids View Post
i agree 100%!! you can deny having the onlookers in there but at the same time they aren't even taught about natural births much less seeing one. obstetricians are surgeons by trade and would rather do a c-section than do a birth. that is why the induction rate is higher than it should be. they don't want to wait around forever for nature to take it's course.
Humm...I don't know, I would limit people just to limit opinions. There are several people who are still anti-VBAC. If you want a natural birth I would labor at home for a long time before you go in. If you go in at less then 6cm you will start the 24hour time limit too early and might end up with another c-sec. You also need to progress at a certain rate or they will section you. They deal with a lot of this in the More BOBB VBAC movie. Just my two cents
__________________
A crunchy wife to B and momma of identical twin girls G & E , our rainbow
baby C born at home April 2013 and R forever in my heart.
twinpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:43 AM   #28
Kiliki's Avatar
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 9,397
Re: natural, medicated, induction, vbac or c-section

what's a VBAMC? never seen that acronym before...
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:40 AM   #29
twinpossible's Avatar
twinpossible
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: in a pile of laundry!
Posts: 1,987
My Mood:
Re: natural, medicated, induction, vbac or c-section

I think it means "Vaginal Birth After Miscarriage".
__________________
A crunchy wife to B and momma of identical twin girls G & E , our rainbow
baby C born at home April 2013 and R forever in my heart.
twinpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:43 AM   #30
kushie tushie's Avatar
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7,887
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiliki
what's a VBAMC? never seen that acronym before...
Its "vaginal birth after multiple c-sections"

Amanda . Blaming my phone for typos and crap.
__________________
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.