Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-15-2012, 02:20 PM   #41
cedavid2011
Registered Users
seller

Re: HS Check-In, Part 2

Well, we didn't get much done today except read alouds, but they are part of our science and history. We actually did lots of reading over the weekend too. It also seems that we have another round of colds starting. Poor DD4 is so stuffy she has to stop and breathe while she's nursing. Our schedule is about to get changed all around because DH will have to go for training since he got the promotion. But, the beauty of homeschooling is that we can be flexible! Hope everyone else is having a good Monday.

Advertisement

Old 10-16-2012, 06:01 AM   #42
foggierbard9
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yesterday was a rough one and I am hoping today is better. We got some stuff done but the younger kids weren't cooperating and napping, which resulted in DS not being able to focus on what we were doing.

Today I am going to work on putting together some lapbook activities for the Election and also printing one out for Halloween to go with the Magic Treehouse book.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:56 AM   #43
2queens&1princenmyhouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by foggierbard9 View Post
Yesterday was a rough one and I am hoping today is better. We got some stuff done but the younger kids weren't cooperating and napping, which resulted in DS not being able to focus on what we were doing.

Today I am going to work on putting together some lapbook activities for the Election and also printing one out for Halloween to go with the Magic Treehouse book.
Do you have links or are you making them yourself?
2queens&1princenmyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:16 AM   #44
foggierbard9
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was going to put together my own for the election, but I just found an election one on currclick for 50% off, and the Halloween lapbook for Magic Treehouse is on currclick also. I haven't printed either one out as of yet, I just now downloaded them.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:27 PM   #45
foggierbard9
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We managed to get most of school done today before the others awoke...but DS had no focus at the end, yet again. He was doing so well when we had a solid 60-90 minutes without the other 2 awake, but now we are lucky to get 60 minutes with both of them down at the same time, and all his focus goes out the window because the 2 yr old starts playing with a toy or whatever it may be at the time.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:15 PM   #46
cedavid2011
Registered Users
seller

Today was a pretty good day. I got to take DD4 to a lap sit class at the library and then ran some errands. DS1 and DS2 went with my dad to load up the wood from the old play house and bring it home. We will start construction of the chicken coop this week! The three older girls helped my mom with household chores while I was gone. We managed to get all the basics done in just two hours. We will do some reading later to round out the day. Hope it is going well for you ladies too.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:13 PM   #47
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Well today didn't go all that well unless I want to count several hours of PE, lol. They did do a lot of that. And we got in a little stuff this morning, but after that it just seemed like the day went crazy and we didn't get anything done. I'm hoping for a better day tomorrow.
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:45 PM   #48
3boys_mom
Registered Users

Oy! I'm not sure what I will do with my oldest. He is insistent on doing things HIS way, even if HIS way warrants a wrong answer. It makes for fun times when doing math.

Anyone else dealing with an obstinate student?
Old 10-17-2012, 07:38 AM   #49
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi everyone! Sorry I've been MIA. Even though I thought it might never happen , I finally had baby #6. My water broke early Friday morning (10/12) and he was delivered at 1:50pm on Friday afternoon. He is my biggest baby by almost 2lbs. He was 9lbs 1oz, just as I expected. Everything went amazingly well and I had the exact birth that I've always wanted, no meds at all, not even a hep-lock (IV started, but not attached). Now, I'm bummed I won't ever do it again! Sort of! Anyway, things have been a little rougher than I had hoped or expected. As always, I'm having severe nipple pain, probably from thrush. (I have nursed 5 other children through many, many struggles including very stubborn and resistant thrush/yeast that took more than one child to even diagnose.) I'm now on meds and hoping the pain will get better quickly, but I do have actual open sores on my nips and that's a first for me. The nursing issue has really affected me because I was so hopeful it would go better this time. *sigh* Also, my 2.5 year olds are both reacting to the new baby, one with jealously, the other by testing us and acting out. New territory also as none of my other kids did this with the other births. So, on the HS'ing front, I'm thinking of it, but thinking "how in the world???"

Hope everyone is having a good week! I'll try to continue keeping up because we will start back up at some point and hopefully sooner rather than later.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:13 AM   #50
2queens&1princenmyhouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherlovesCDs View Post
Hi everyone! Sorry I've been MIA. Even though I thought it might never happen , I finally had baby #6. My water broke early Friday morning (10/12) and he was delivered at 1:50pm on Friday afternoon. He is my biggest baby by almost 2lbs. He was 9lbs 1oz, just as I expected. Everything went amazingly well and I had the exact birth that I've always wanted, no meds at all, not even a hep-lock (IV started, but not attached). Now, I'm bummed I won't ever do it again! Sort of! Anyway, things have been a little rougher than I had hoped or expected. As always, I'm having severe nipple pain, probably from thrush. (I have nursed 5 other children through many, many struggles including very stubborn and resistant thrush/yeast that took more than one child to even diagnose.) I'm now on meds and hoping the pain will get better quickly, but I do have actual open sores on my nips and that's a first for me. The nursing issue has really affected me because I was so hopeful it would go better this time. *sigh* Also, my 2.5 year olds are both reacting to the new baby, one with jealously, the other by testing us and acting out. New territory also as none of my other kids did this with the other births. So, on the HS'ing front, I'm thinking of it, but thinking "how in the world???"

Hope everyone is having a good week! I'll try to continue keeping up because we will start back up at some point and hopefully sooner rather than later.
Woo-hoo! Congrats! I hope the yeast/thrush gets better soon! I spent quite a bit of time with either bm or yogurt on my nipples (oh, so attractive ). That and no sugar is a bummer when you are soooo sleep deprived!
2queens&1princenmyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote