Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-16-2012, 09:31 PM   #21
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: Angry.. another "nursing in church" vent...

Isaac had a weaning party. Estimates put him at between 4-6 years of age. Pretty sure Sarah didn't hide when she breastfed him.

Advertisement

Old 10-16-2012, 10:02 PM   #22
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teexie View Post
Mama, this is ridiculous. You should be protected by common sense, but since that's not the case, fortunately you're also protected by law, and if your pastor is dense enough to ask you not to nurse, you'll need to inform him of this. If I were in your shoes and were told by a pastor not to nurse in his church, I would be so disgusted with the church in general and would have no desire to continue going there, but would probably stick around a few weeks longer and nurse just like normal, just to make a point.

And...you should definitely nurse during the meeting with your pastor
This!
And my vintage shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/usedbutnotabused
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:26 AM   #23
Van1300
Registered Users
seller

Sorry you are dealing with this. I wish more people would be understanding of how important it is to nurse on demand and how the laws protect nursing women.

I plan to wear my baby in a wrap a lot during the first few months and hope I can master the art of nursing in it!
Old 10-17-2012, 08:01 AM   #24
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Again, Person A does nto want her DH to see boobs. Person B agrees that her DH should not see boos too. They are acting like you are flashing your vag. I hope your pastor agrees with you and I would start the conversation that it is legally your right to breastfeed as Mary did Jesus. I have seen statues where a naked baby Jesus with a penis was being fed by Mary with her breasts. That is acceptable.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:14 AM   #25
ServingHim
Registered Users
seller

Wow, hopefully the Pastor tells person A, B and A's hubby to stop watching you nurse and pay attention to the sermon/lesson!
That would pretty much solve the entire issue!
Old 10-17-2012, 08:36 AM   #26
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ServingHim View Post
Wow, hopefully the Pastor tells person A, B and A's hubby to stop watching you nurse and pay attention to the sermon/lesson!
That would pretty much solve the entire issue!
This, definitely. Tell them to grow up. If they don't want to see you nursing, tell them not to look! It is not your fault that they have booby issues, and it's not OK for them to harass you over their issues. Baby's gotta eat. You've gotta feed baby. This shouldn't even be a discussion. I'd actually walk right up to person A and her husband and tell them to pay more attention to the sermon and less to what their neighbors are doing during it, and that you're not happy with being harassed about feeding your child.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:23 AM   #27
greencrunchymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oh Michelle How crappy! I agree with what other posters said- I wouldn't feel comfortable going back there if they tell you not to nurse
Old 10-17-2012, 09:39 AM   #28
finleyjudemommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Seriously....the hubby...UM, DON'T LOOK....it's not like he doesn't know what's going on....I'm sure you aren't sitting there with both the "girls" just hanging out while babe is feeding. People really just need to grow up and quit being so prudish about it....
Old 10-17-2012, 09:41 AM   #29
mommatomymiracle
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We have a "Mothers Room/cry room" at our church, for crying babies and for mothers to nurse. They have a television so people can watch the service. However, aside from taking a crying baby out of the sanctuary, I don't understand why people have such an issue with breastfeeding? Why can't they understand that sometimes using a nursing cover is uncomfortable, and baby likes to pull it away? There are ways to be discreet even without using a cover. Why are people so fixated on the sexuality of breasts? Sheesh! Now that I'm a mom and I breastfeed, I wish I could feel more comfortable nursing in public. It would make things so much easier!
(#1 natural hospital birth, Bradley Method; #2 home water birth)
Missing our m/c angel (6/08)
CDing, BFing, BWing, etc. Semi-Crunchy WAHM social media consultant
ISO Ju-Ju-Be, Petunia Pickle Bottom, etc. bags
mommatomymiracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:49 AM   #30
Janet4
Registered Users
seller

I confess to feeling astounded. I'm still nursing my 3 yo. She's just not ready to stop. My oldest son is in a speech & debate club that meets all day on Mondays & we're required to attend w/them. When my lo is tired, she will not be put off. I'll try to delay until after class, but I can tell when she just isn't going to wait any longer. Even at 3 it can be hard to "dictate" their schedule. The class is 90% teenage boys. I use a cover & nurse her in class. No one has said anything to me about it. I keep thinking that another mom may ask me to leave, but no comments. I debated leaving to nurse her, but...I figured that as long as I'm covered, it serves as a little reminder of why God created boobs in the first place
Janet4 is offline   Reply With Quote