Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-02-2012, 11:29 AM   #61
Palooka
Registered Users
Formerly: jenn.***
seller

My Mood:
Re: My sister's child needs a home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaNae View Post
All that said, as someone who (according to my family) made poor choices, especially by having 3 soon to be 4 children (with the same man, we're happily married)...I really hope if God forbid DH and I die in a car accident tomorrow I hope our family aren't going back and forth saying "Renae was a effing loser, I'm not taking her freaking brats!"
I hope you've read all my posts and know that is not what I am saying or thinking.

Advertisement

Last edited by Palooka; 10-02-2012 at 11:46 AM.
Palooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:25 PM   #62
Only
Registered Users
Formerly: hu**rees
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaNae

All that said, as someone who (according to my family) made poor choices, especially by having 3 soon to be 4 children (with the same man, we're happily married)...I really hope if God forbid DH and I die in a car accident tomorrow I hope our family aren't going back and forth saying "Renae was a effing loser, I'm not taking her freaking brats!"
I don't think the OP is saying this at all.

Austen 06/12
Only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:44 AM   #63
Palooka
Registered Users
Formerly: jenn.***
seller

My Mood:
Bump for update
Palooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:24 AM   #64
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

Re: My sister's child needs a home. *Update in original

It's wonderful the little girl is such a darling. I wonder if they could do a joint custody type of thing where your niece spends weekends at the home of the family who want to adopt her. The issue with the bio dad needs to be worked out though first. Your family should talk to an adoption agency and a lawyer for advice. It's too bad your mother's mental illness makes her unfit to care for her niece when she's so good with her in other ways. It's good you sat down with them and talked through this. Hopefully you can convince them to start getting the ball rolling more. I'm sure your sister would like to help pick out the potential family her daughter would go to and get to know them. It's a tough situation but it seems like she has a loving mother and grandmother.
On another note, has your sister thought of doing anything to leave behind for her daughter to know how much she was loved? Maybe a video or letters to her. A scrap book of special memories. I'm sure your niece would really treasure it when she's older.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:46 AM   #65
Only
Registered Users
Formerly: hu**rees
seller
seller

With the way you describe her I almost want to ask if I can have her!

I realize her mother wants whatever time she has left with her but at the same time it does diminish the amount of potential families that would consider adopting her.

I hope she's able end up in a great home where she will be loved.

Austen 06/12
Only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:33 PM   #66
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Re: My sister's child needs a home. *Update in original

If the father never relinquished rights, my understanding is that a will or adoption will not be legal without his consent. If mom dies, technically he gains custody unless he is determined unfit or relinquishes rights. An adoption cannot occur without documentation that he relinquished his parental rights. At least that's the way it works around here....
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote