Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-15-2012, 11:02 AM   #11
adensmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: weight gain....who else is nervous besides me??

Me too! With my first I stopped looking at the scales once I went over 50. I had about 10 of it left when I got pg with #2. With pg 2, 3, 4, and 5 I kept a little with each one and ended up 30 lbs heavier than when I got married. A year and a half ago I started running and dieting (WW) and lost all 30 of those pounds. I've kept it off since then and have felt great. But I'm super nervous about gaining any weight....I know, I know, I have to gain some, but I don't want too!! And it doesn't help that I seem to have to eat all day long to keep functioning. If my stomach gets even close to growling I feel like I'm going to puke or pass out and I have to eat and lie down immediately. I'm already up 3 lbs @ 8 weeks, and according to What to Expect that is the "goal" wt gain for the whole first trimester! I also never lose while nursing. I'm going to try to keep walking on the treadmill during this pg to help out, but right now I dont' have the energy for it. I'm contemplating a water aerobics class a few times a week as well. Being in the water feels so good, especially at the end of my pg. We'll see....

Advertisement

Old 10-17-2012, 08:07 PM   #12
jael831
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am terrified too with the rest of you lovely ladies.. I just lost the 70 pounds I had extra on and still had another 23 to go... I feel like I am already back up too much to be at 7 weeks!! ugh
Old 10-18-2012, 04:13 AM   #13
kanga1622
Registered Users

I lost 23 pounds right before getting pg with DS and then gained 40 pounds while pg. I had dropped all 40 pounds by the time he was 9 days old but then 30 of it came back over the next several months.

I finally got control over it and dropped 14 pounds before getting pg this time. I am terrified that no matter how much I gain, I will still wind up even heavier after the baby gets here.

I am watching what I eat more carefully this time and have recently gone gluten free so I really hope that keeps me to a healthy weight gain. When I start off with an "obese" BMI, it is hard to see the scale moving up at all. I am currently 16 pounds above my goal weight and I hope that a year from now I can say the same thing.

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum
Old 10-18-2012, 10:01 AM   #14
bluecandi
Resident Dave Ramsey Guru
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanga1622 View Post
I lost 23 pounds right before getting pg with DS and then gained 40 pounds while pg. I had dropped all 40 pounds by the time he was 9 days old but then 30 of it came back over the next several months.

I finally got control over it and dropped 14 pounds before getting pg this time. I am terrified that no matter how much I gain, I will still wind up even heavier after the baby gets here.

I am watching what I eat more carefully this time and have recently gone gluten free so I really hope that keeps me to a healthy weight gain. When I start off with an "obese" BMI, it is hard to see the scale moving up at all. I am currently 16 pounds above my goal weight and I hope that a year from now I can say the same thing.

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum
I soooo know how you feel!! I went gluten free a few months ago......hope it helps too but I have my doubts.