Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-08-2007, 04:07 PM   #11
GrahamBaby4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Update on Gallbladder- info for the other mama too!

That is interesting because I do drink a lot of lemon water (squeeze lemon into water or tea) But, I know I am not going to be off the hook getting this thing out, it is completely impacted with gallstones to the point she couldn't believe that I was only having so called "minor irritation" from it. (love when docs call excruciating pain minor!

Advertisement

GrahamBaby4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 04:19 PM   #12
Karri_B
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had my galbladder removed when I was 24 weeks pregnant w/ Natalie. It was my second trip to the ER, and they were going to discharge me w/ a RX for Tylenol 3. Huh uh!

I was good for a week after the surgery, then had to go in again for THE WORST pain I'd ever felt in my life. There were more stones that they didn't get when they took out the galbladder. They had gone back up into my liver. When I went in, my bile duct (so they say) was spasming trying to get the stones out.

I'm so glad it's out now. But I *think* there are still some in there (despite another US) as I'm getting the same EXACT pains as before, just not as bad.

It's a total PITA. Lots of women go through it though. (((HUGS)))
Old 08-08-2007, 05:03 PM   #13
e_mom_e
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had my gallbladder removed at 28 weeks....It took me quite a while to convince my moron of an OB how much pain I was in...she tried to tell me it was heart burn and reflux...um I was already on PRESCRIPTION meds for that everyday...long story short, my regular doc took me in right away and had me have an ultrasound that night on my gallbladder, it wasn't that bad but after several weeks it got worse and worse and I had attack after attack. Usually it is a sudden attack and not a lasting pain that stays and stays...because when you are having an attack you can't last more than 20 mintues before you are feeling like you will DIE, seriously. I was so close to calling and ambulance every time before they suddenly stop.

The reason I had my surgery is because one night at 28wks the attack did not stop....it was seriously like having a heart attack! So they did an ultrasound on my gb and it was FULL of huge stones and lots of "sludge" which is lots of tiny stones. Anyway I had emergency surgery that night because the attacks had only gotten worse so they said I could risk rupturing a duct and then that can make you deathly ill. I was SOOOO glad to have it taken out though and the surgery was pretty easy...the surgeon said that I was JUST barely able to have laproscopic surgery instead of full blown surgery if it would have been a few days or week longer my uterus would have been too big to have space under my belly button to get in.

For the momma that is still having pain after surgery...it could be scar tissue or a hernia, you should have it checked out.

Also an OB would not perform the surgery, they would be there to observe because you are pregnant and watch any baby related issues but they are not surgeons and I would NEVER trust an OB to do that type of surgery. I had the on call hospital surgeon and he was AWESOME...much better than my idiot OB.

anyway, just thought I would share my story....to the OP if you have any questions let me know...as I couldn't find any info on this while I was pg.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:07 PM   #14
mom2kdmb
Registered Users
seller

Last edited by mom2kdmb; 08-09-2007 at 05:57 AM.
mom2kdmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 06:19 PM   #15
ashleynjacy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had attacks my entire pregnancy. I thought I was dying. I would just squeel in pain and drool. until it was over. My OB said I had low pain tolerance and that it was just gas.
Two weeks after I had my baby I was rushed to the ER. I had such a severe attack that I basically fainted from the pain. I actually have a very high pain tolerance.
I was having attacks at least every other day the last month of my pregnancy. The ONLY person who ever mentioned gallbladder was my grandma.
Having the thing taken out was a relief. My gallbladder was so full of stones that it didn't look like there could be room for one more. Oh, and the pain is like a heart attack. That is the only comparable pain. I would just beg god to take the pain away. Needless to say, I will NEVER go back to this OB!

Last edited by ashleynjacy; 08-08-2007 at 06:22 PM.
ashleynjacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 07:56 AM   #16
e_mom_e
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynjacy View Post
I had attacks my entire pregnancy. I thought I was dying. I would just squeel in pain and drool. until it was over. My OB said I had low pain tolerance and that it was just gas.
Two weeks after I had my baby I was rushed to the ER. I had such a severe attack that I basically fainted from the pain. I actually have a very high pain tolerance.
I was having attacks at least every other day the last month of my pregnancy. The ONLY person who ever mentioned gallbladder was my grandma.
Having the thing taken out was a relief. My gallbladder was so full of stones that it didn't look like there could be room for one more. Oh, and the pain is like a heart attack. That is the only comparable pain. I would just beg god to take the pain away. Needless to say, I will NEVER go back to this OB!
man mama...did you read my story above, sounds EXACTLY the same....I was praying every second too....while balling my eyes out in pain. I could have slapped my OB in the head for trying to tell me I had heartburn.