Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-01-2012, 07:52 AM   #1
~MamaMayhem~
Registered Users
Formerly: azmansmom
seller

My Mood:
Please recommend a pump to increase supply

Hi, I need to do something fast or my dd and I aren't going to make it to a year. I am way past thinking I will be able to nurse her to 2 like DS
I have tried fenugreek and mothers milk teas etc. They worked for a while and stopped working and now I am trying to pump but the one I have sucks..or doesn't really lol. I don't have the WIC or insurance option and this will be totally out of pocket. What do you recommend?
I am looking at Medela but I don't know which to pick and right now I would pay just about anything to keep from having to switch to formula.
TIA

Advertisement

Old 09-01-2012, 08:13 AM   #2
Isabellesmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Have you tried hand expressing? Sometimes any pump won't work. Sadly I found that out the hard way. My DD was born premature & had to stay in the NICU & unable to go to breast. So i exclusively pumped for 3 months I dried up even using the medela hospital pump which I would think is one of the(if not the) best pump. I tried getting my supply to come back after fully drying out but failed but i did a lot of research & found that hand expressing can actually work better than a pump. There is a lot of info online & videos to show you how to do it.
Angie Attached crunchy parent,with my soulmate Ian, to our 32 week miracle Isabelle.(02/22/11) and rainbow baby Addison(06/08/2014) BreastfeedingCo-sleeping.Non-vaxing. BWing. Ext rear-facing. CDing. SAHM
Isabellesmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 08:21 AM   #3
Huxley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Please recommend a pump to increase supply

I've had success with my ameda purely yours. It is cheaper than Medela.
Huxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 08:00 PM   #4
lildutch1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Many hospitals will rent pumps so you can try it before you commit. I am not sure whre you are located but I can tell you domperidone is well known to seriouly increase supply with little to no side effects. HOWEVER it is not FDA approved so you would have to have your prescription filled at a compounding pharmacy and insurance will not cover it. It is a very old drug and has tons of long term studies in europe.

Otherwise brewers yeast and steel cut oats perhaps?
lildutch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 08:08 PM   #5
TaraB
Registered Users
seller
seller

hospital grade pump pump 15 to 20 minutes after every nurse. try to increase nursing sessions. Also, Goats Rue helped me took about 2 weeks
Tara~Married to my wonderful DH and mama to my DS#1 4 years old and DS#2 2 years old
TaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:33 PM   #6
emccl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Definitely a hospital grade pump... You can also try taking blessed thistle as well as fenugreek. Taking the capsules is probably going to be your best bet... you'd have to drink a lot of tea to get enough of the herbs.
emccl is offline   Reply With Quote