Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2012, 12:02 AM   #4331
mg5g
Self Ban
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,604
My Mood:
Re: Thread Killers - A place to chat, make friends and support one another! Join us

EEEEK I get to multi-quote again
I learned how to do that in this very thread
I tried to remember everyone to write responses but got so confused I started quoting - sorry ladies...


Quote:
Originally Posted by pine_apple_goat View Post
Long threads like this intimidate me. I never know where to start or what to say. I tend to just hang back. I feel like if I were to read the entire thing I would have a page literally a mile long full of multi-quotes.

So, how's it going over in this part of the DS world?
WELCOME - don't be afraid to just jump on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyMae12 View Post
I may as well post here, because every other thread I start or comment on dies. Seriously, I must be just THAT lame!

I'm home today (Thurs/Fri) is my "weekend". Got some awesome mail today, 3 pairs of SBish shorties. They are some of the first "new" diapering items I have bought. They are so soft and thick. DH asked how much they cost . . . and now I just feel bad.

One of my pet rats is being neutered today so he can join my group of unspayed females without making behbehs.

PS--I got a Sloomb cube sample with my shorties and I can't stop smelling it.
WOW - excellent mail day mama. I am super jealous. We gave up fitteds/wool a while ago with three in diapers I had to take my stash WAY back and we just use pockets now. I sometimes miss the awsome stash I used to have though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmama View Post
hey ladies! I hope you all had a great day. We had a good day, now we are just trying to wind down. I FINALLY go some pretty wool yarn to knit today I just taught myself how so I have been using cheap acrylic, and oh.my.goodness the soft fluffiness of wool! I cant wait to try some patterns, but right now i'm knitting myself a pretty scarf. I really should be taking my GEO 221 exam right now but alas, I have no motivation to log into blackboard. Oh and the kids taught the dog to shake today, I was uber proud of them.
Cool on the dog! How old and what kind? AND - that is great about the wool too - one day maybe it will be my wool out there We have a flock of 9 ewes on our farm and I hope to produce wool and one day go all the way from lambs born here to woolies on-site but for right now I am just playing with my sheepy girls. They are SOOOO sweet.


Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleABC View Post
Does anyone remember me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleABC View Post
I've been better. I was one of the first thread killers.
Of course! I've missed you AND - I am sorry you aren't doing great ... remember we are ALWAYS here if you need to vent or need a virtual

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbieJack View Post
Hi!
Hello Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaGM View Post
Hi! Someone be my friend! /crickets.
Of course we will - join the conversation - WELCOME!



hishouseholdsix -- sorry I missed you in my multi-quote bonanza
Way to go on the tire girl!!! I wish I had mad skillz like that! AND - I think it is really great that you can trace your families military history - I don't even know where my great-grandparents lived let alone what they did. I wish I had roots like that. Well I am making my own roots now though and one day we are going to have a MASSIVE family of grandkids.

Now for my day -- I had a "play-date" with another mom today. We met when I sold her some cloth on CL. We actually have loads in common and had a really great visit... well at least I think we did I hope we can hang out again. THE BEST part was just like I type I tend to ramble and talk to much in real life and I try hard to self edit when I meet people so I don't come across as too much -- well with this mom I decided to forget it and just be myself SO if she does like me and wants to get together again it is because she likes the real me! GOSH making mom friends is harder then dating EVER was!!!

Advertisement

mg5g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:26 AM   #4332
EmmaGM's Avatar
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 7,896
My Mood:
Mom1 -- that is so cool about your ewes! I took some classes out on the sheep farm at msu when I was there and I just know that someday I'd love to raise my own lambs. Totally jealous!
__________________
Emma H&T Mama to Faolan 6/7/12 & Malachy 1/29/14
Mary born into heaven at 14 weeks
EmmaGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:29 AM   #4333
sarahannecloud9's Avatar
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Crossville, Tn (Pleasant Hill)
Posts: 11,134
My Mood:
Re: Thread Killers - A place to chat, make friends and support one another! Join us

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleABC View Post
Does anyone remember me?
How could I forget you sweetie. How's your dd?!!!!? I kept wondering where you went and then realised you had moved on. Thought you had perhaps taken a ds break, lol. I'm so glad to see you back. You still have that cute hat?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbieJack View Post
Hi!
Welcome! Boy, how did all you momas find the thread? Did Melissa post the thread she talked about in ot? I'm glad to meet you. Justp in the conversation, k!!! We try not to mis any posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaGM View Post
Hi! Someone be my friend! /crickets.
Jusp on in hun! We're all friends in here. It's a momas safe zone, hehe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom1mg View Post
Now for my day -- I had a "play-date" with another mom today. We met when I sold her some cloth on CL. We actually have loads in common and had a really great visit... well at least I think we did I hope we can hang out again. THE BEST part was just like I type I tend to ramble and talk to much in real life and I try hard to self edit when I meet people so I don't come across as too much -- well with this mom I decided to forget it and just be myself SO if she does like me and wants to get together again it is because she likes the real me! GOSH making mom friends is harder then dating EVER was!!!
Sounds fun! I say the same thing about making friends, lol. Even in school I had a hard time. I was so shy and girls were just kinda mean, imho. Still kinda are. Some, not all. Guys are more easy to be yourself around and also no judge you.
__________________
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:37 AM   #4334
pine_apple_goat's Avatar
pine_apple_goat
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: MI
Posts: 4,002
My Mood:
Re: Thread Killers - A place to chat, make friends and support one another! Join us

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom1mg View Post
Now for my day -- I had a "play-date" with another mom today. We met when I sold her some cloth on CL. We actually have loads in common and had a really great visit... well at least I think we did I hope we can hang out again. THE BEST part was just like I type I tend to ramble and talk to much in real life and I try hard to self edit when I meet people so I don't come across as too much -- well with this mom I decided to forget it and just be myself SO if she does like me and wants to get together again it is because she likes the real me! GOSH making mom friends is harder then dating EVER was!!!
Making mom friends is terribly hard! It's nerve wracking, . At least you were yourself and you don't have to worry about putting up a facade if you hang out again. She already knows how you are


Anyone have any plans for the weekend? DH has tomorrow off so I can't wait for a family fun day! Not sure what we're going to do, but it'll be nice. He hasn't had a saturday off in over a month, or even a sunday for that matter.
pine_apple_goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:00 AM   #4335
Antebellum
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,308
My Mood:
Re: Thread Killers - A place to chat, make friends and support one another! Join us

Good morning ladies! How is every one today? Any big plans? I am writing my christmas list out today I know i'm super late. Hopefully cleaning my disasterous house and *crossing fingers* finishing my scarf. Anyone have any yummy dinners planned?

Mom1mg, our lab mix is 8 months old<3 and I laughed when I read about how you feel the need to edit yourself around new moms. I am the exact same way, I ramble and have no social skills so I am terrible at making mom friends. It's always nice when you meet a mom you can be yourself around so good luck I hope you found a new friend.
Antebellum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:25 AM   #4336
pine_apple_goat's Avatar
pine_apple_goat
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: MI
Posts: 4,002
My Mood:
Re: Thread Killers - A place to chat, make friends and support one another! Join us

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmama View Post
Good morning ladies! How is every one today? Any big plans? I am writing my christmas list out today I know i'm super late. Hopefully cleaning my disasterous house and *crossing fingers* finishing my scarf. Anyone have any yummy dinners planned?

Mom1mg, our lab mix is 8 months old<3 and I laughed when I read about how you feel the need to edit yourself around new moms. I am the exact same way, I ramble and have no social skills so I am terrible at making mom friends. It's always nice when you meet a mom you can be yourself around so good luck I hope you found a new friend.
No big plans here. I might go to my brother and SIL's house after DD naps today. DH wont be out of work until 10:30 tonight.

DH actually started a Christmas list a week or so ago. He hates having to come up with things when people ask so he made me start a note doc on my computer, lol.

I am kind of cleaning this morning. I really need to get on our bathroom. Our housemates need to clean their bathroom as well. I hate dirty bathrooms.

We have the hardest time coming up with dinners when there are four adults and a picky toddler in the house. Someone almost always gets shafted, . Ideas?
pine_apple_goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:39 AM   #4337
hishouseholdsix's Avatar
hishouseholdsix
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Fort Benning, GA
Posts: 68
My Mood:
Re: Thread Killers - A place to chat, make friends and support one another! Join us

Quote:
Now for my day -- I had a "play-date" with another mom today. We met when I sold her some cloth on CL. We actually have loads in common and had a really great visit... well at least I think we did I hope we can hang out again. THE BEST part was just like I type I tend to ramble and talk to much in real life and I try hard to self edit when I meet people so I don't come across as too much -- well with this mom I decided to forget it and just be myself SO if she does like me and wants to get together again it is because she likes the real me! GOSH making mom friends is harder then dating EVER was!!!
I feel the same way about making mom friends. I'm pretty much the same way as you, I tend to go on and on cause I get so excited to meet new people. My husband always used to make fun of me and say I should let my crazy out a little at a time, lol.

We should be able to pick up the other tire today and I can get that changed and finally hubbs can drive himself to work again! Lol.
hishouseholdsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:48 AM   #4338
Antebellum
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,308
My Mood:
Re: Thread Killers - A place to chat, make friends and support one another! Join us

Quote:
Originally Posted by pine_apple_goat View Post
No big plans here. I might go to my brother and SIL's house after DD naps today. DH wont be out of work until 10:30 tonight.

DH actually started a Christmas list a week or so ago. He hates having to come up with things when people ask so he made me start a note doc on my computer, lol.

I am kind of cleaning this morning. I really need to get on our bathroom. Our housemates need to clean their bathroom as well. I hate dirty bathrooms.

We have the hardest time coming up with dinners when there are four adults and a picky toddler in the house. Someone almost always gets shafted, . Ideas?
Bathrooms are the worst and with four kiddos I feel like mine are never clean. You could do a create your own pizza night. Set out a bunch of toppings and let everyone top their own personal pizza?
Antebellum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:54 AM   #4339
EmmaGM's Avatar
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 7,896
My Mood:
I'm the opposite when I meet new people I can never think of anything to say or talk about and I'm just MADE of awkward silences so I try not to inflict myself on people.

We're having steak and salad tonight. We've stopped going out completely so once a month we cook steak in. I'm so excited for dinner!
__________________
Emma H&T Mama to Faolan 6/7/12 & Malachy 1/29/14
Mary born into heaven at 14 weeks
EmmaGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:21 AM   #4340
mg5g
Self Ban
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,604
My Mood:
Re: Thread Killers - A place to chat, make friends and support one another! Join us

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaGM View Post
Mom1 -- that is so cool about your ewes! I took some classes out on the sheep farm at msu when I was there and I just know that someday I'd love to raise my own lambs. Totally jealous!
Thanks - we bought a farm a year ago this month and LOVE living here. The sheep are amazing they are gentle and friendly, love attention but also don't care if we go away for the weekend - the BEST pet. Everyone should have a sheep


Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahannecloud9 View Post
how did all you momas find the thread? Did Melissa post the thread she talked about in ot? I'm glad to meet you. Justp in the conversation, k!!! We try not to mis any posts.
Yes Sarah - I promise I still love you BUT it was getting lonely talking to myself when you got busy so I posted a "Round-up" since we are getting close to 5000 I thought some of our old (and new) friends might want to celebrate with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pine_apple_goat View Post
Making mom friends is terribly hard! It's nerve wracking, . At least you were yourself and you don't have to worry about putting up a facade if you hang out again. She already knows how you are


Anyone have any plans for the weekend? DH has tomorrow off so I can't wait for a family fun day! Not sure what we're going to do, but it'll be nice. He hasn't had a saturday off in over a month, or even a sunday for that matter.
You are totally right about friends. I was super stressing because it was obvious (although it sure took me a long time to figure it out ) that a mom I met through my DS doesn't like me. We've never even really met, she just rushed in and out to p/u her LO here, and I kept trying to invite her for tea and she was always "busy" well I finally figured out that she just doesn't want to meet me really... oh well now they are being all wierd and might not let their DS come to our son's b-day party this weekend. They are neighbours actually just up the street and our kids met at summer camp and REALLY hit it off. I was good enough to babysit at least once a week ALL summer (they met the first week of summer) but now that he is in school and they don't need a sitter I guess they don't need to be friends with us anymore....

As for weekend plans I have my neices for 4 days!!! Today we are going to a small amusement place, tomorrow is the party, Sunday I don't know what we will do - something fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmama View Post
Good morning ladies! How is every one today? Any big plans? I am writing my christmas list out today I know i'm super late. Hopefully cleaning my disasterous house and *crossing fingers* finishing my scarf. Anyone have any yummy dinners planned?

Mom1mg, our lab mix is 8 months old<3 and I laughed when I read about how you feel the need to edit yourself around new moms. I am the exact same way, I ramble and have no social skills so I am terrible at making mom friends. It's always nice when you meet a mom you can be yourself around so good luck I hope you found a new friend.
Thanks It is good to know I am not the only one in a panic about Christmas. I posted to FB last night that I was FREAKING out about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hishouseholdsix View Post
I feel the same way about making mom friends. I'm pretty much the same way as you, I tend to go on and on cause I get so excited to meet new people. My husband always used to make fun of me and say I should let my crazy out a little at a time, lol.

We should be able to pick up the other tire today and I can get that changed and finally hubbs can drive himself to work again! Lol.
I laughed so hard I startled the baby on my lap and had 6 other kids wanting to know what was so funny - not something I could explain well


Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaGM View Post
I'm the opposite when I meet new people I can never think of anything to say or talk about and I'm just MADE of awkward silences so I try not to inflict myself on people.

We're having steak and salad tonight. We've stopped going out completely so once a month we cook steak in. I'm so excited for dinner!
You should totally hang out with me then I can't shut up
mg5g is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.