Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-18-2012, 09:53 PM   #41
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Lil Shamrocks - Week of Oct 15

I can certainly feel the kicks from the outside of my belly!

Advertisement

Old 10-18-2012, 10:11 PM   #42
Mom2lucy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinpossible View Post
I can certainly feel the kicks from the outside of my belly!
same here and my husband has been able to feel some too already. I also thought that was early but they are definitely NOT gas bubbles.
Mom2lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:44 AM   #43
Christylkeller
Registered Users

My Mood:

I haven't felt any kicks from the outside or seen bulges, but I have certainly felt a hard lump that doesn't stay, up around my belly button, that I am pretty sure is the baby. I imagine with my extra fluffy middle it will be several more weeks before I feel the baby on the outside.

Homeschooling mom to A- '01, M- '05, E- '08 and G born 3/5/13 VBA3C

Always missing my 17 weeker E 7/25/11
Christylkeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:07 AM   #44
lilbitcrunchy
Registered Users
Formerly: lovnbabygabi
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine915 View Post
Can you SEE baby kicks at 19 weeks? I swear that I can see/feel bulges on my right side, about belly button high. It looks just like baby is pushing out, but this soon? Kiddo is definitely kicking up a storm in there, and I don't think gas can make little bulges!
Yup a couple of nights ago baby was going crazy and I saw my belly bulge right out! Shocking indeed at only 17 weeks.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:52 AM   #45
Sunshine915
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Sweeeeeeet! I'm not crazy! Now I wish I got hubby over to see it while it was happening

My ultrasound is this afternoon!!!! DH and I both think it's a boy (pregnancy symptoms were much worse in the first tri, baby's hb has been in the 140's, and just plain old intuition). We're going to be equally happy whether girl or boy, but it's fun to guess! Our track record is 100% so far... Let's see what happens with this little one!

I have this mild worry that since I wanted to be team green in the beginning, baby is not going to cooperate. Haha, we'll see! I just want to see a healthy baby anyway...gender determination is a total bonus!
Sunshine915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:31 AM   #46
samham
Registered Users
seller

My boy can be super sweet but he can also be hell on wheels. He gives me a run for my money and can drive me insane.I wouldn't trade him for the world though.

I haven't seen baby bumps yet but can definitely feel them, so can DH. Wyatt (baby) has been really quiet last day or so. Kinda has me worried but then he will kick. Called nurse line and she said it's ok if at 20 weeks he isn't moving all the time like he has been. Was gonna go get checked anyway but he started kicking. Still not his norm but at least I know he's in there. What do you ladies think? He went from crazy active to little punches here and there.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:56 PM   #47
Maeve Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have felt baby kicks from the out side and I have had the large hard hill that will be on one side than later on be on the other side.

I watched the "Business of Being Born" again yesturday and of course cried on and off through out. I watched it before I had my first child and it sold me on a midwife along with DH. There is nothing like that moment-actually got me excited for labor.

I just wish I had enough nerve to stay at home. I just go to the hospital for the nitrous, to have the baby and I leave right away-with in a few hours of baby being born.

I just don't know how to deal with transition with out nitrous-I can't stay calm or get to zen place when those mother contractions hit-it's like all hell breaks loose.

It would be so nice to not have that hellish car ride to the hospital or deal with cranky nurses(some nurses are lovely, some are just useless).
Old 10-19-2012, 04:19 PM   #48
love2row
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maeve Baby View Post
I just wish I had enough nerve to stay at home. I just go to the hospital for the nitrous, to have the baby and I leave right away-with in a few hours of baby being born.

I just don't know how to deal with transition with out nitrous-I can't stay calm or get to zen place when those mother contractions hit-it's like all hell breaks loose.

It would be so nice to not have that hellish car ride to the hospital or deal with cranky nurses(some nurses are lovely, some are just useless).
You would be amazed at the skills that midwives have to help you get through transition without drugs (even nitrous). Even more so if you also hire a doula to help as well. Also, you could look into some of the natural pregnancy techniques such as hypnobabies or hypnobirthing to help deal with what is essentially the shortest part of labor! I'm planning a home birth this time (after having DS at a stand-along birth center) and it's that ride that made my decision. I loved the center where I had DS & the midwives were great, but I just don't want to deal with the ride there. So I'm really looking forward to staying home this time.
Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam & Welcoming #2 in March 2013 New SAHM & Labor Doula.

love2row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:54 PM   #49
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2row View Post
You would be amazed at the skills that midwives have to help you get through transition without drugs (even nitrous). Even more so if you also hire a doula to help as well. Also, you could look into some of the natural pregnancy techniques such as hypnobabies or hypnobirthing to help deal with what is essentially the shortest part of labor! I'm planning a home birth this time (after having DS at a stand-along birth center) and it's that ride that made my decision. I loved the center where I had DS & the midwives were great, but I just don't want to deal with the ride there. So I'm really looking forward to staying home this time.
I was going to say the same thing but you should deliver where you feel comfortable For me the nearest birth center is about an hour away and they are more medical then I would like. You still have the 24 hour clock ticking away and you never know who will be on call when you go into labor. Home makes sense for us!
Old 10-19-2012, 10:39 PM   #50
Maeve Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2row View Post
My first two births I had midwives(first great but really was only there to catch and the second was no very good at all) and I had a doula; same doula for both birth's. I can deal with contractions very well until transition comes and then I just can't breath slow enough or deep enough or whatever enough to help me cope. With Maeve I tried the tub but I had back labor so I moved to a birthing ball where I rocked and used nitrous to get through transition-with my second I just went straight to that as soon as I hit transition. My babies LOVE posterior-my second was actually fully born posterior presenting the top of his head(OUCH) so I experience a lot of back labor at times if not the whole time. I will talk to my midwife and look into hypno babies-I just didn't think it work work for me as I'm such a mover when I'm having contractions-I can't sit still for the life of me.