Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-20-2012, 10:55 PM   #211
4dramamama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetgrace
I loved reading this thread! My name is Tawny and we have not made the choice to leave our childbearing up to God. Although, we do feel ultimately it is always up to God reguardless of our choices. I have to say though that I am really entriged and am loving the idea of freely giving up everything (including the number of children) up to God. Having that kind of trust in the Lord must feel amazing! I really want more children, Lord willing, but my husband is not in the same place. I think DH's main concern is not having enough energy/time for more kids. DH is 37 and I am 35 and our age concerns him. After reading all of your encouraging words I'm ready to completely leave it up to God. Will one of you ladies pray for us? I would really appriciate it.
Praying for you and your DH right now. Blessings!

Advertisement

Beth, Christian mama of 5 (expecting #6 Spring 2013).
Check out my blog Heart Stirred with Wisdom
4dramamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:01 PM   #212
hohaas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
The Lord has blessed us with 5 beautiful girls. My SD is 12, DD1 is 4, DD2 would be 3 but she is in Heaven with Jesus, DD3 is 2, and DD4 is 4 mos. I love my girls so much and would love more children but DH says we are done. He wants to get a vas but I can't handle the thought of it. He called me one day and told me he called the office and got some info on cost and I about started crying. The thought of not being able to have more children just does not sit well with me. I would love to let God lead our family size but I know DH would not be up for that (at least not with his attitude now). My prayer is for God to either take my desire away or to change my DH's heart (or have me get preg again lol). I think him getting a vas is such a big decision and I don't think he has really thought or prayed about it. One of his biggest issues is finances. He doesn't think we can afford any more (but yet he has to have his "toys".) If he keeps pushing the issue I think we need to sit down with our pastor and talk about it b/c I don't want to resent him for it later. Not sure where I'm going with this. A little vent of sorts I guess. I'd appreciate any prayers in this area if you could.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:09 AM   #213
christina2babyboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone else leave their childbearing up to God?

Praying for you and your DH! ((HUGS))

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohaas View Post
The Lord has blessed us with 5 beautiful girls. My SD is 12, DD1 is 4, DD2 would be 3 but she is in Heaven with Jesus, DD3 is 2, and DD4 is 4 mos. I love my girls so much and would love more children but DH says we are done. He wants to get a vas but I can't handle the thought of it. He called me one day and told me he called the office and got some info on cost and I about started crying. The thought of not being able to have more children just does not sit well with me. I would love to let God lead our family size but I know DH would not be up for that (at least not with his attitude now). My prayer is for God to either take my desire away or to change my DH's heart (or have me get preg again lol). I think him getting a vas is such a big decision and I don't think he has really thought or prayed about it. One of his biggest issues is finances. He doesn't think we can afford any more (but yet he has to have his "toys".) If he keeps pushing the issue I think we need to sit down with our pastor and talk about it b/c I don't want to resent him for it later. Not sure where I'm going with this. A little vent of sorts I guess. I'd appreciate any prayers in this area if you could.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:44 AM   #214
christina2babyboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I LOVE my Jesus!! He has been providing for us and answering our prayer above and beyond what I could have ever dreamed or hoped for! Praise HIM!!
Old 10-24-2012, 03:18 AM   #215
hohaas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We are mtg tonite w our pastor to discuss it all but I'm afraid to even get my hopes up about anything.
Old 10-24-2012, 03:22 AM   #216
christina2babyboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
We are mtg tonite w our pastor to discuss it all but I'm afraid to even get my hopes up about anything.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:31 AM   #217
erin_c_odonnell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Holly I'm praying for your situation today too. To God be the Glory no matter the outcome

I wish we could do a weekly or even just a monthly chat somewhere. Talk Christian related topics though that's a pretty broad term and almost no one sees eye to eye on every topic. Still it would be fun to talk with y'all about non-salvation related topics- headcoverings, skirt wearing, modesty for little kids, etc. I've thought of starting a few threads but I'm not sure it would fly. Anyhoo- just my random thoughts for today
Old 10-24-2012, 06:42 AM   #218
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin_c_odonnell View Post
Holly I'm praying for your situation today too. To God be the Glory no matter the outcome

I wish we could do a weekly or even just a monthly chat somewhere. Talk Christian related topics though that's a pretty broad term and almost no one sees eye to eye on every topic. Still it would be fun to talk with y'all about non-salvation related topics- headcoverings, skirt wearing, modesty for little kids, etc. I've thought of starting a few threads but I'm not sure it would fly. Anyhoo- just my random thoughts for today
I would love that! I know I believe a bit differently than y'all on this subject. I believe not doing anything to prevent pregnancies is a personal conviction and not a rule for everyone (I do have issues with hormonal bc, but anyway). We go into lots of prayer about expanding our familiy, want to do God's will, and believe He will answer us... so I do feel like we are leaving our childbearing upto God still... His will be done!

I am switching to wearing all skirts (lots of reasoning including conviction) and have contemplated head coverings plenty of times. It'd be fun and interesting to go into more depth about it all!
raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:04 AM   #219
christina2babyboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Holly, I recommend an audio from IBLP by The Bates Family called "How to provide for a family of 19 with no salary". You can download it for like $2. It is such a wonderful message!!

I can testify that it is God that provides for our family! He as given us several vehicles (as soon as one died He gave us another, ect), food, gifts, a swing set that my kids prayed for (!!), ect...

When the kids got the (brand new) wing set (given to us) they said "Mama, look what GOD gave us!!" HE got ALL the glory! It is so much more fulfilling to let God do!

Quote:
Old 10-29-2012, 10:11 PM   #220
el's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Baby #4 is here! He is just as precious as can be and the birth was everything I had hoped and prayed for (shorter labor, water rupturing naturally, etc). As previously posted, DH had been thinking maybe this should be our last baby. I was really sad about it but tried not to put any pressure on him over it. Well, last night while diving home from DH's parents' house (where we'd been discussing family vacation), he said "I like the idea of doing a big family vacation every other year. We can do it next year because you won't be pregnant and then that'll give us a year off the next year to have another kid.". I asked if he meant that and he said yes. I guess he doesn't feel done either. I'm SO happy!! I'm not sure that I'll be ready for #5 in 2 years... I might need a bit more time, but I am thrilled that DH feels the desire for another.