Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-07-2012, 06:30 PM   #11
crunchymom2b
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Just pumped for the first time in public

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuphoricDysphoria View Post
Today I did that in the car on our way for dinner lol. Hubby was driving of course
Get a hands free bra and you can double pump while driving :-) I was keeping my Swing in the car for the times I needed to pump while out as lugging around the Symphony is a huge hassle, and I would just throw a nursing cover on and pump on side at a time while driving. But the batteries don't last for anything

Advertisement

Alycia + Tom = 2 Labor Day babies! Tommy (9/09) + Vinny (9/12)
Under construction: unexpectedly expecting in 2015!
crunchymom2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:49 PM   #12
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchymom2b

Get a hands free bra and you can double pump while driving :-) I was keeping my Swing in the car for the times I needed to pump while out as lugging around the Symphony is a huge hassle, and I would just throw a nursing cover on and pump on side at a time while driving. But the batteries don't last for anything
I need to find a comfortable hands free bra.
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:30 AM   #13
ckemp17
Registered Users

How do you get the hands-free bra on without completely exposing yourself in the process? I have to completely remove my regular bra as I can't use a nursing bra (too large). Any tips/hints will be greatly appreciated!!
ckemp17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:18 PM   #14
crunchymom2b
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckemp17 View Post
How do you get the hands-free bra on without completely exposing yourself in the process? I have to completely remove my regular bra as I can't use a nursing bra (too large). A ty tips/hints will be greatly appreciated!!
You'd have to already have it on. You can make one out of a sports bra or tank top by cutting 2 slits. Or use 2 hair ties to make a holder.

Old 10-13-2012, 07:43 AM   #15
ckemp17
Registered Users

I have to chuckle... they don't make sports bras (or shelf/nursing tanks) big enough to fit my girls. And I'm not about to cut holes in one of my custom ($120+) bras.

So my option would be to stop in a bathroom, but the hands-free on under my bra, then get in the car, open the regular bra (opens in the front, thank goodness), and finagle getting the flanges in place while looking down my shirt. When I get where I'm going, hit up a bathroom again to remove the hands-free. (my hands-free has shoulder straps to give that little bit of lift that I so desperately need, hence needing to be in a private place to put it on under my bra)
Old 10-13-2012, 08:31 AM   #16
IowaGold
Registered Users
seller

I've been using Freemies when I pump (not privately) at the office. They fit in under my regular nursing bra or I'm sure they would work with a regular bra too. They are pretty discrete and if I can put my pump in a drawer or cabinet by my chair, people don't really notice that I'm pumping.
IowaGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:53 AM   #17
crunchymom2b
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckemp17 View Post
I have to chuckle... they don't make sports bras (or shelf/nursing tanks) big enough to fit my girls. And I'm not about to cut holes in one of my custom ($120+) bras.

So my option would be to stop in a bathroom, but the hands-free on under my bra, then get in the car, open the regular bra (opens in the front, thank goodness), and finagle getting the flanges in place while looking down my shirt. When I get where I'm going, hit up a bathroom again to remove the hands-free. (my hands-free has shoulder straps to give that little bit of lift that I so desperately need, hence needing to be in a private place to put it on under my bra)
Can you just put it on in the car before you start driving? If you wear a nursing bra or tank that has a built in bra or underwire/heavy supprt you can use the hairtie trick. Tie two hair ties together, slip one over the flange, and then hook the other one over the clip of the top. then bring the tank or bra cups up and over the flanges a bit just for extra support. That probably makes no sense lol. I'll have to take a picture when I do it

Old 10-13-2012, 06:57 PM   #18
ckemp17
Registered Users

Those Freemies look pretty cool! Definitely bookmarked that page.

cm2b- No nursing bras for this mamma... they're not made big enough, even the custom ones aren't made in sizes large enough for mine. It surely sucks, but the other option would have been to have a reduction and possibly not be able to breastfeed due to the amount of tissue that would be removed. I chose to keep the girls and deal with them to make sure I WOULD be able to breastfeed. The reduction can wait.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:16 AM   #19
hohaas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuphoricDysphoria
Today I did that in the car on our way for dinner lol. Hubby was driving of course
I pump in the car all the time when we're going places.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:30 PM   #20
Xythnia
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

*comfort*

Good Lord, I am not looking forward to pumping in public, cars or even back at work! >_<

I did the holes in bra thing and it works well. Going to do it better to another bra for work. I am too big for the (2) $40 hands free bras my mom got.
ISO: Size 1 Mini Nappis, Capris, Simplex, and Thirsties
Xythnia is offline   Reply With Quote