Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-22-2012, 11:21 AM   #61
bethanyb
Registered Users
seller

Re: WAP, Nourishing Traditions, GAPS Support thread, February 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett's mommy View Post
ok i know that this is an old thread but its the most recent i could find. my dh was just diagnosed with ibs and i was reading on the winston a price website that using these principals might help with that and came here because i remembered reading this thread a long time ago and was wondering why there hasnt been a new thread in so long lol. im going to order the nourishing traditions cook book in the next few weeks.
It is overwhelming at first. I've been trying to eat more and more this way but it's been at least a year & I'm still not there yet. You might want to try one thing at a time. What I've done so far is learn to make homemade sauerkraut, soak all grains, nuts & beans & to make bone broth. The cookbook nourishing traditions has good recipes for all of these or you can search online. I've also found a source to buy raw milk and grass-fed meat. I think that any of those things would be a good place to start to help with IBS.

Advertisement

bethanyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:24 PM   #62
clothrookie3
Registered Users
seller

This is a very old thread! I just started this "type" of eating and was looking for a support group (of sorts). Is this too late?
clothrookie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:53 AM   #63
Hopetobe
Registered Users

Hi! There used to be a thread like this every month, but I haven't been on in a while, so I'm not sure if it fizzled out. Maybe do a search or start a new one?
Hopetobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 09:39 AM   #64
Shalom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think it fizzled out, but I haven't been on in awhile either, so I could be wrong. I know several of us, including the person who kept it going, has had babies, so I think we are all just busy. But I'm sure people would chime back in if it was rekindled. Just post on here that you are starting a new thread, so the subscribed know.

The hurt a troubled child creates is never greater than the hurt they feel inside. -T.
Shalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 05:36 AM   #65
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I started this thread. I would love for it to continue, however I have had to go more paleo as we have 1 confirmed dairy allergy and 2 suspected. This has made it hard to do fermented foods, and having the newbie has made grain soaking a challenge.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum