Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-23-2012, 11:21 AM   #11
Maeve Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Lil Shamrocks - Week of Oct 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommajewels View Post
Anyone else find themselves nesting already!? I woke up around 11:30 last night after being in bed only a little over an hour and I had such an overwhelming urge to clean that I couldn't go back to sleep. So naturally, I got up & began the madness. I scrubbed the hell out of my kitchen & bathroom... I'm surprised we have cabinets & floors left. :/ And then I tore into the living room and shampooed the carpet. At 2am. Dh came out to use the rest room and I swear I heard him mutter, "here we go again.." lol. I'm known to be what he calls a "chronic nester" during pregnancy, but I don't recall it ever starting this soon. I think I finally went back to sleep around 3am, got back up at 6 to see him off to work and get the kids ready for school, and I've been going on & off with random cleaning all day so far. I know I'm eventually going to crash hard, but right now I feel fine.
Mama that is the most craziest nestting erge I have heard to date-I ususally just clean, sort and throw stuff out and HOW ON EARTH do you live off of 3 hours sleep???? If I don't get 8 hours I'm soooo tired-and I often still nap for 40min-2 hours per day. You blow my mind!!!

DH and I are what I call sleep whores-we get it when ever and how ever we can. We LOVE sleep-often being very strict about keeping sleep in days for the weekend very even steven although DH has been more generous lately.

QOTW; I would sleep in, have a lovely breakfast and hot bath. Then I would go out and shop-love to shop-barely buy unless on sale but love to look especially in Baby Boutiques. Than a pedi or massage-lunch with a GF perhaps.

I feel good-Baby is kicking so much-DH got to feel baby's nightly get comfy routine before we went to bed last night.

I'm soo excited-it's been awhile since I was pregnant and this kind of feels like the first time again for me-DS was so soon after DD it felt like one GIANT pregnancy and unfortunately I barely remember his-it was a blur just as 1-7months old was...did I mention I started working at home full time with daycare when DS was 8 weeks old-won't be doing that again.

Advertisement

Old 10-23-2012, 11:42 AM   #12
lilbitcrunchy
Registered Users
Formerly: lovnbabygabi
seller

My Mood:
Aotw: I'd probably just have a quiet day at home relaxing.

Not much going on here. Starting to prepare for the holidays, this year has flown by.

Oh. But huge news is dd2 is in her sisters room now!!! On a whim I pushed their twin beds together and they thought that was great. She went down no problem and I didn't hear a peep for 12 hours. Dd1 told me in the morning that she did whine for me a couple of times but she "shushed her and got on her side and she stopped" last night I pulled them back part but left them side by side and she still only woke up once for water. Joy! I was prepared for a fight but I guess she was just ready. I have gotten 8 hrs of sleep for the first time in months.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Last edited by lilbitcrunchy; 10-23-2012 at 11:47 AM.
lilbitcrunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:13 PM   #13
Maeve Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Oh. But huge news is dd2 is in her sisters room now!!! On a whim I pushed their twin beds together and they thought that was great. She went down no problem and I didn't hear a peep for 12 hours. Dd1 told me in the morning that she did whine for me a couple of times but she "shushed her and got on her side and she stopped" last night I pulled them back part but left them side by side and she still only woke up once for water. Joy! I was prepared for a fight but I guess she was just ready. I have gotten 8 hrs of sleep for the first time in months.
That's great Heather-I remember when we finally told DD no more in our be and if she wanted she could make a nest on the floor beside us. After two night of pulling all her blankets and babies in our bedroom she decided on her own it just wasn't worth it and we finally got our bed to ourselves and some uninterupted sleep...HEAVEN isn't it?
Old 10-23-2012, 04:17 PM   #14
NappyChappy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

QOTW: SLEep IN UNTIL 9-10am, read a book, learn to knit, get hand- foot-scalp massage, then end my day with a long hot bath and some uninterrupted nookie (no alone of course)!

17 weeks today. We have the anatomy scan scheduled for the 2nd Sat in Nov. I see our MW tomorrow so we will get to hear the heartbeat again! I feel pretty good other than issues with my job~UGH I just wish I wasn't A type personality. Sweating the small stuff again.

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1454524
NappyChappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:59 PM   #15
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Trying to go in today to get my classes for the Spring in writing so I can tell them after that I am pregnant...everyone wish me luck!
Old 10-23-2012, 06:28 PM   #16
happymama1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

hmmmmm....a whole day to myself?? I'd probably miss my babies terribly!!

But, I would make the most of it

QOTW: I'd sleep in for another hour or so....take a long time getting ready, I'd go eat breakfast somewhere and sip my coffee slowly browsing over a magazine or a good book. I'd call a friend and talk uninterrupted....do some shopping....maybe for something that is hard to grab in a hurry (like a bra or deciding on earrings)....I'd get lunch out somewhere too....enjoy sitting by myself (but miss my family at the same time)...I'd probably call home a few times to see how everyone was doing....go to a bookstore...drink coffee....shop some more....then I'd be bored, and out of ideas for what else to do....and I'd probably come home early and hug my little ones!!!

AFM:felt some good flutters/rolls/kicks today....they are just so few and far between I'm ready for a thumping kicking baby every day!! Just found out my best friend and mommy of twin boys is having a girl ....she is due 3 days before me! I'm very happy for her!!
happymama1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:34 PM   #17
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Just told work about our pregnancy and they were great about it, I am wondering when the panic will set in that they need to find a qualified ASL sub for 5 weeks! Turns out it was in my contract the WHOLE time that I am teaching 4 classes for each semester...stupid me! Note to self - read your contract!
Old 10-24-2012, 06:42 AM   #18
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Just told work about our pregnancy and they were great about it, I am wondering when the panic will set in that they need to find a qualified ASL sub for 5 weeks! Turns out it was in my contract the WHOLE time that I am teaching 4 classes for each semester...stupid me! Note to self - read your contract!
Glad it went so well. I still havent offically told my work (even though its obvious that Im preggo and we all talk about baby all the time)...Im not really avoiding it...I think Im just lazy lol. When I have free time, Id rather rest/go for a walk instead of meeting with colleagues haha! I think I will get around to it next month (Im sure they will figure out coverage for 12 weeks. They did it before, so they will do it again. My job is pretty laid back thank goodness :-)

QOTW: A whole day to myself!? Assuming I did all my chores the night before, I would probably sleep in an extra hour or so, enjoy a nice long cup of coffee, have a quiet morning watching the news, take an afternoon nap, enjoy a nice meal to myself (either home cooked or restaurant...as long as I dont have to break up my meal to feed someone else or take somone to the potty lol), take a shower alone, watch some daytime TV and turn in early :-). Re-reading this just makes me relax :-)

Not much to report about baby. She is doing well :-). My weight has been right on track (which hasnt been easy despite my good efforts). Im thinking about looking into doing a Pilates class or something to help strengthen my legs...I remember needing them a lot more than I thought I would late pregnancy and childbirth.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:47 AM   #19
mommajewels
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maeve Baby View Post
Mama that is the most craziest nestting erge I have heard to date-I ususally just clean, sort and throw stuff out and HOW ON EARTH do you live off of 3 hours sleep???? If I don't get 8 hours I'm soooo tired-and I often still nap for 40min-2 hours per day. You blow my mind!!!
I have NO idea how I am still going today. I didn't nap at all yesterday which is super unusual for me in itself. After I got everything on my "typical" cleaning list done, I decided to attack our cabinets. I purged so much crap and scrubbed them all top to bottom. I was certain that once I ate dinner I would crash hard but no, I kept going! I decided to move in the kids rooms and attack their walls with Magic Eraser. I am hard core addicted to Sons Of Anarchy which comes on at 9 here and Dh kept betting I wouldn't make it to watch. Ha. I watched, and then I stayed up until 1am when I finally just got bored and my eyes were starting to hurt, lol. I wasn't necessarily tired but I couldn't hold my eyes open anymore without feeling a pulling sensation. So I tossed & turned for a while before I finally fell asleep and of course, back up at 6 trying to decide what I can do today. I have NOOOO idea where this CRAZY surge of energy & motivation came from, but this is SUPER EXTREME even for me. I imagine when I do crash, I'm going to crash hard.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:03 AM   #20
Christylkeller
Registered Users

My Mood:

Julie, you are welcome to come over here if you find that you run out of things to scrub, clean and purge at your house! I WISH I had that sort of energy and drive! My home is need of all the above!!

Homeschooling mom to A- '01, M- '05, E- '08 and G born 3/5/13 VBA3C

Always missing my 17 weeker E 7/25/11
Christylkeller is offline   Reply With Quote