Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-23-2012, 01:05 PM   #21
my2sweets
Registered Users

My Mood:
The first dozen times its sweet and forgivable. After the 30th time, its rather annoying. After 2 infants-and multiple request to get your loven eariler-and youre still doing it? Making my life harder is just inconsiderate and I dont apprecate it one bit.

And its even more irrating when they have the day off, chose to spend it doing what they want to, and wait until 10mins before bedtime to decide maybe some time should be spent (rough housing) with the little/s...

Advertisement

Swagbucks. Search. Earn. Redeem. Yep, it's that simple (I've earned $70 in gift cards and counting!).
my2sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:23 PM   #22
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: Dear Hubby you can wake the baby when....

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuphoricDysphoria View Post
I stand by what I said. I would be frustrated yes but never go nuts at him and refuse sex that night because he felt the need to kiss his child.

Hold out on sex because he wouldn't help with laundry, lunch, or post dinner clean up, yup! But never kisses and hugs for his LO.

ETA: I should add I was 25 before my dad told me he loved me for the first time I can remember. So I'm a big biased

I am 37. I don't recall my father EVER saying I love you. My husband still knows he would be a dead duck if he wakes a sleeping baby. No way is that acceptable. He can get and give lovin when baby is up and around.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:36 PM   #23
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpie
Fabulous rule! I'm gonna write that one down and begin enforcing it. DD can scream for me and DH will have to handle it while I take a shower.
Yep! It will be good for everyone for him to learn how to soothe her to sleep. Sometimes mommy gets sick, or another kid needs her, or she just needs a break. It is good bonding for them, too.

My hubby works unpredictable hours some nights, getting home anytime between 530 and 10. We have a later bed time so he can get more time with them (ideally still before 9pm) and I expect equal parenting when he gets home. Once dh is asleep I try not to wake him, though...except one weekend day, so I can hopefully sleep.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:50 PM   #24
napua
Registered Users
seller
seller

Perhaps my view is different since my husband has been deployed more often than not over the past 10 years. It may be irritating but it's no where near as difficult as being without Daddy for at least half of the year.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:14 PM   #25
Shimpie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by napua View Post
Perhaps my view is different since my husband has been deployed more often than not over the past 10 years. It may be irritating but it's no where near as difficult as being without Daddy for at least half of the year.
Awww, it's all relative. When Daddy is gone a lot, what's 15 minutes of less sleep.
Shimpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:00 PM   #26
Lovecarnievan
Registered Users

My Mood:

He comes in to cuddle and kiss, baby starts to wake up, I hand baby over and walk out. If it takes 2 to 3 hours to get baby back to sleep, that's fine. It means daddy and baby are figuring out things on their own. They need that. Then he will start to learn coping and bonding skills and will be able to put the baby to sleep in the future, and can have all the late night kisses and snuggles he wants. Love is wonderful, selfish ends quickly here.
Lovecarnievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:57 PM   #27
aimeeturd
Registered Users

My Mood:
My DH does this all the time to DS. I stay at home and hubby works a very stressful job. I try to tell myself to just be happy that he's interested in the baby (he's 3 months) and then enjoy the extra time I now get to spend with DS getting him to go back to sleep!
aimeeturd is offline   Reply With Quote