Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-24-2012, 05:41 AM   #21
kanga1622
Registered Users

Diapers go in the rinse cycle as soon as we walk in the door.

I prep food on the weekend as much as possible. I brown all the hamburger on the weekend and it saves on both cleaning and time during the week. I steam enough veggies for the week on Sunday night so lunches are easier to pack.

All clean laundry gets hung up/ put away on Sunday evening so picking out clothes is easier all week. Diapers are all stuffed each night and diaper bag is packed in the evening as well.

Otherwise the cleaning gets done as needed. We don't seem to vacuum as often as I would like but otherwise things seem to stay in fairly good order and I am not embarrassed if we get drop in visitors.

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum

Advertisement

Old 10-24-2012, 05:59 AM   #22
coffeemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What is your plan/schedule/routine to get housework done?

I LOVE the Motivated Mom's Calender and have been using it for years. This is the only way I can get everything (or most of it) done otherwise I hoover around the kitchen and living room doing the same stuff. I have found getting up early before the kids wake up helps the most. If the MM doesnt necessarily work for you maybe make your own w/ bits and pieces of it to give you an idea.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:06 AM   #23
Ainmemphis
Registered Users
seller
seller

I don't do things in the same order every week but I do have a large whiteboard where I put my weekly schedule and I list every room of the house along with the chores I need to get done; laundry, pick up yard, etc. I find that marking things off when I finish them helps keep me motivated to finish my list. Each room gets picked up, dusted, and vacuumed or mopped. I do this once a week. After the room has been cleaned I will try to keep picked up but its just going to get cleaned again the next week so I don't stress too much. I have done this so often that I can get tthings done pretty quickly. And I will do 1 or 2 rooms a day. Now keeping my sink free of dishes is another story.
I just noticed this is in wohm board..but even though I'm not out of home I do this cleaning in the early morning or after dinner.

Last edited by Ainmemphis; 10-24-2012 at 07:10 AM.
Ainmemphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:58 AM   #24
ElizasMommy606
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

No plan. If I see something I try and do it but I get a lot done when the kids are at gram's visiting.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:58 AM   #25
Meganeliz9
Registered Users
seller

For me it's all about Friday night. My LO is 4 months old and most weekday evenings are spent picking him up from daycare, feeding him and my two older step-children, getting LO ready for bed and tucking him in around 6:30 or 7. I don't get much time with him during the week After he's in bed I run around like crazy washing bottles, prepping new bottles, pumping, packing my lunch for the next day and cleaning up dinner mess. By the time I'm done with all that, it's bedtime. So, on Fridays I do this stuff and clean like a madwoman while baby sleeps. I try and get the house looking good (at least the main areas--my bedroom hasn't been cleaned or dusted in months) so I can spend all the time I have on the weekends with my LO. I hate wasting any time that I could be spending with him cleaning. I usually use his weekend nap times to run errands since my husband is home.
Meganeliz9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:00 PM   #26
Meganeliz9
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeemama View Post
I LOVE the Motivated Mom's Calender and have been using it for years. This is the only way I can get everything (or most of it) done otherwise I hoover around the kitchen and living room doing the same stuff. I have found getting up early before the kids wake up helps the most. If the MM doesnt necessarily work for you maybe make your own w/ bits and pieces of it to give you an idea.

What is the Motivated Mom's Calendar??
Meganeliz9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:21 PM   #27
Bananasmama
Registered Users

My Mood:

I haven't figured it out yet. I'm thinking just getting rid of the animals, husband and kid will solve the problem :-P. seriously though, I feel like as soon as I clean its a disaster again so what's the point. And I only have a three month old baby!
Bananasmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:45 AM   #28
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It doesn't get done 90% of the time. I make sure the kitchen is clean after supper and the living room is picked up.

There is almost always a basket of clean clothes waiting to be folded in the living room. If I leave them in the living room I am more likely to actaully fold them than if I put them in the bedroom.

any other cleaning gets done as I have time.

~Bathrooms-- I give a quick wipe down while the boys play in the bath. -- I am very thankful for clorox wipes.

~Vaccumm--actaully gets done fairly often since I play a game with the boys to pick up their toys before Io vaccumm them up LOL!!!

~the shower in our bathroom gets cleaned while I take a shower on Saturdays. I get an extra long shower and DH is in charge of the kids. I just have to make sure I get int he shower before he goes to work

~any deep cleaning gets done on vacation days or if we are having a holiday/party at our house.
Saturdays are my cleaning days if we don't have anything going on. Sundays I fold laundry (includeing all the diapers) while watching football with DH.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:36 PM   #29
MariaLA
Registered Users
seller

Every two weeks cleaner. She scrubs, mops, changes beds, dusts, vacuums. My husband is n charge of dishes and counters. I do laundry. We try and sweep and vacuum on the off weeks.

It's the only way things get done at my house.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:19 AM   #30
HugeBabyBoy
Registered Users
seller

We both work and that involves a few days travel each month. Add a toddler and a high needs baby... well, the answer is a housekeeper!
HugeBabyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote