Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-17-2009, 11:42 PM   #11
Belle
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Constant menstrual type cramps before labor?

Usually if you have menstrual-like cramps in the early part of labor, that is the time when your cervix is moving "forward" into position. During pregnancy it is pointed sort of toward your back, and then when you are getting ready for labor it moves to point towards your front. Some women experience this as menstrual crampiness before labor actually begins in earnest.

Advertisement

Old 02-18-2009, 08:27 AM   #12
*~Mindy~*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

if you had an internal exam its entirely likely she either stripped your membranes, or just irritated your cervix and that caused it, as well.
*~Mindy~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:49 AM   #13
Amy27
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am bumping this b/c I am having this now at 38 weeks. I have had cramping all day yesturday and so far today the same with intermitant contractions not too painfull though. Any new insight would be great! I live 1hr45min away from my dr. and hospital I am supposed to go early before my water breaks. Dr. checked me on Monday and I was 1 cm same as the week before. I usually go early with my lo's too! I have never had this constant cramping though.
Amy, wife to my HS sweetheart Moriah SAHM to Drew 12/8/06 Aubrey-04/29/08 Regan VBAC #1 6/7/11Grady VBAC#2 11/9/12

Last edited by Amy27; 10-24-2012 at 07:51 AM.
Amy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:18 AM   #14
RachelFlores
Registered Users
seller
seller

Do you have anywhere closer that you could get checked? You could be in early labor and once you go into active labor, you could go fast. Unfortunately, being 1cm on Monday doesn't mean much. I was 1cm Wednesday afternoon with my last baby and had him at 6am the next morning. Then again, it could be nothing. Not being able to tell what is happening or when is one of the most frustrating things about the end of pregnancy IMO. I hope you can get some answers soon.