Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-24-2012, 11:34 AM   #201
Canoal3
Registered Users

Re: Northern VA Mamas

I'm in Woodbridge.

Advertisement

Canoal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:56 PM   #202
ajbailey89
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Brambleton
Old 05-21-2013, 09:07 AM   #203
amandamumof5
Registered Users

My Mood:
Just want to ask and put this out there but is there anyone local (meaning 25 miles at the least) who have TotsBots cloth diapers they are looking to sell or destash? I have been seaching all kinds of swap boards and such and they are either already snatched up or priced to high. Please let me know I am looking for all styles, colors and prints and also the Christmas prints(gingerbread man, Rudolf, and robins) please please!
amandamumof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:11 AM   #204
GreekWife
Registered Users

I'm in McLean
GreekWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:42 AM   #205
Tordreamer
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

NoVa mom's: if there was a cloth diaper store in our area (ashburn or Sterling) would you shop there? What would you want to see?
Old 05-30-2014, 06:28 AM   #206
ARobinFluff
Registered Users
seller

Amanda I can't help but I can empathize. I LOVE ecoposh for my babies but they're so $$$ new and hard to find used. My eyes are always open for deals on them.

Sent from my iPhone using diaperswappers.com
ARobinFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 06:28 AM   #207
ARobinFluff
Registered Users
seller

@tordreamer Too far for me but I'm sure others would love!

Sent from my iPhone using diaperswappers.com
ARobinFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 11:49 AM   #208
kaytee
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandamumof5 View Post
Just want to ask and put this out there but is there anyone local (meaning 25 miles at the least) who have TotsBots cloth diapers they are looking to sell or destash? I have been seaching all kinds of swap boards and such and they are either already snatched up or priced to high. Please let me know I am looking for all styles, colors and prints and also the Christmas prints(gingerbread man, Rudolf, and robins) please please!
Hello!
Are you looking for the tiny fits? I bought 23 of them but after a week we realized that apartment life (with no washer/drier in the unit) is just a little too hard to accommodate cding
Let me know if you want more information, I'd love to work something out with you!
kaytee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 09:05 AM   #209
kaytee
Registered Users

I'm in nova!
kaytee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 07:19 PM   #210
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

I just started a new topic for this but wanted to also post it to this thread for those who may be subscribed:

If you are in NoVa on or very near the metro line into D.C. and are heads over heels in love with your town, please tell me why?

Could anyone here speak to about what living is like in Woodbridge or Springfield, VA? I mention these b/c some of our house searches have been focused there. I am not talking about HOA condo living but the community feel of single home dwellings.

Do people tend to be pretty neighborly? Is the building up of properties too insane?

Are there churches you are in love with? I like to drink widely and fellowship with any other believers, but I find that for home church purposes it does not work out that well when you are on really different pages. So a little about my preferences:

I am evangelical with strong charismatic leanings. However, I will not willingly endure any more blame the sick/poor prosperity theology at this point in my life. I am more of a methodist type evangelical than a presbyterian, although I have been in a presb. bible study before. The social side of the gospel is important to me as well, and an embrace of women preaching would be a wonderful but unexpected bonus. As I will get to in a moment, I'd be coming to the area in a particularly vulnerable time and would be desperate for some gracious and compassionate prayerful people in my life who might not be too busy to drop by now and then when I cannot get out. Some Vineyard churches, the ones that are truest to Vineyard roots, are a particularly great fit for me, but there are only two of those that I know of in all of NoVa.

My parents are considering retiring to that area (moving back from Japan--they need to be close to the airport b/c they are still jetsetters). For complicated reasons related to illness, I would be going to live with them. Although they have been to a few parts of NoVa before, they have not yet put boots on the ground in the towns they are most likely to move to. For now, we are just trying to figure out semi-reasonable price & tax areas for getting a fairly sizeable (like 2200) rambler/ranch, but they will have to do a reconnaissance trip.

In my situation, it would be hard for me if everyone is just incessantly whirring by to D.C. without the sense of neighborliness. And my parents are very much hoping for a friendlier-feeling location as well. I have no friends in the area and am currently too weak to be social as the cycles of the illness go.

Fwiw, although I post here often, I'm not a mama. I'm single b/c of the illness, but most of my friends are mamas. A moderator invited me to this site a couple of years ago b/c of my interest in all things green.

TIA!

Deodorants and Diapersticks!
Pain and Sleep oil roll ons too! Inhalers for Allergies, Nausea, Sinus & Germ, Memory & Concentration, and Mood
Keep a look out for more roll on blends in the near future. 5% DS discount code at my etsy shop: DIAPERSWAPPERS5 https://www.etsy.com/shop/DJDeodorants
debcita429 is offline   Reply With Quote