Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-24-2012, 06:49 PM   #11
tinytushi
Registered Users
seller

Re: Do you believe there is a link between...

I had the worst ms with my worst (meaning most painful mc). I had bad ms with my daughters (puking several times a day), mild nausea with son, and with this one it is just odd. I am more motion sick as in dizzy in the head and mild nausea. After my last mc I don't put stock in ms at all because I should have a healthy baby now if that was true.

Advertisement

tinytushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:50 PM   #12
The Fancy Pansy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Now. But they have shown am actual correlation between ms and gender. Women who suffer from ms are much more likely to have girls.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:53 PM   #13
willownz
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fancy Pansy View Post
Now. But they have shown am actual correlation between ms and gender. Women who suffer from ms are much more likely to have girls.
It is the opposite for me. I had it with my boy. Pretty much none with my girls.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:14 PM   #14
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

I don't think there's a correlation. With DS I was miserable for a long time, especially when I was working, but with this baby I'm just super tired and have a really low appetite. Miserable, but not "sick". But there's nothing to suggest this baby isn't just as healthy as DS. don't worry, mama. I wouldn't listen to stuff like that.
KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:36 AM   #15
Leaner
Registered Users

My Mood:

For me, yes. I have been sick with my 3 girls, not at all sick with my 3 miscarriages. This time.... sick, so hopefully there is a healthy baby growing in there. And I am really hoping that doesn't mean it is another girl. LOL

My mom was the same kind of sick with all 5 of us, 2 girls 3 boys. My SIL wasn't sick at all with her 3 (2 boys, 1 girl). My sis was sick as a dog with her 3 girls.

I think it is different for everyone.
Leaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:40 AM   #16
Jedimomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I don't think so, personally. I have never had morning sickness or any other problems and have 3 healthy kids who were born right on their due date.

I do have a stomach/digestive condition and that acted up more during my pregnancy with my last baby, and she was our smallest (7.12) and was born with a heart murmur. So in my case, if anything, it was the opposite. But I don't think there is any correlation honestly.

I love TRADES!
Jedimomma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:09 PM   #17
kutie.pie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think maybe for some it is. But how would that account for women who never get sick and have perfectly healthy babies? I think it's what is good for "your" body. BUT every pregnancy is different. My sister has had 6 and each one was different.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:18 PM   #18
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

No way. I think they just say that because usually during loss, you lose your MS. But only because your hormones are declining. So I think they read that correlation and create some stupid rule about it that scares moms
Old 10-31-2012, 10:17 AM   #19
mmeneely
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Every pregnancy is different, I can vouch for that. As far as morning sickness goes, I think (my opinion) that if you take your vitamin with your meal or split it if you have 6 smaller meals, you are much less likely to feel pukey. We are creating cardiovascular systems, brains, skeletal systems - this is big work! We also need more blood where as why we have is also creating a placenta.
This will be my LAST pregnancy and I WILL get my new mommy boobs for my birthday next year! I WILL cherish this pregnancy as I just felt like a host the last 4 times.
I can tell you though that when I carried the girls, I felt more exhausted unless it's in my head and it could quite possible be.
mmeneely is offline   Reply With Quote