Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-22-2012, 10:15 PM   #1
javabean66
Registered Users

My Mood:
need suggestions...

When DS was about 2weeks I bought a Moby... it is fun to play with around the house, but IMO not to practical when out and about(grocery store, walmart, etc.)

DS is now 9.5 weeks old and 10.5lbs... He loves to be held & refuses to stay in carseat durring a shopping trip... pretty much as soon as we roll the cart into the store he immediatly starts to cry and I have to get him out and carry him around the store, while trying also to push & load the cart... needless to say I dread goinhg to the store now-a-days...

I'm looking for some sort of carrier that is "plug and play"... quick, strap-on the parking lot and leave the carseat in the car sort of thing...

Suggestions please!

Btw... dont know if my size matters or not... I'm short and plus sized... 5'3".. I wear 1x, 20w, clothes
may be TMI...lol... just thought maybe some carriers would work better with certian body types than others...

Advertisement

javabean66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:34 PM   #2
vivid
Registered Users
seller

I always tied my stretchy wrap on before I left the house and popped the newborn in when we got wherever we were going. I actually found it super convenient for out and about! I had a Boba wrap, not sure how similar that is to a Moby.

Have you tried any soft strictures carriers? Something like a Beco Gemini or Ergo are quick to put on and supportive as baby grows. I also like my ring sling for quick ins and outs but it takes more adjusting and practicing than something with buckles.
vivid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:19 AM   #3
2LittleAngels
Registered Users
seller

I would also suggest a ring sling or Gemini for that age. Others you may also consider are the Beco Butterfly II and Action Baby Carrier (ABC). The ABC will evwn make plus size if desired when you order through their website and there are some active coupon codes out there for $20 off an ABC right now.
2LittleAngels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:10 AM   #4
javabean66
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: need suggestions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LittleAngels View Post
I would also suggest a ring sling or Gemini for that age. Others you may also consider are the Beco Butterfly II and Action Baby Carrier (ABC). The ABC will evwn make plus size if desired when you order through their website and there are some active coupon codes out there for $20 off an ABC right now.
You wouldn't happen to know one of the coupon codes, would you? With a quick google search I wasn't finding any active ones...
Old 10-23-2012, 11:52 AM   #5
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller

Ring sling, or shorty wrap rebozo style (with a slip knot)

Last edited by Mom2jandb; 10-23-2012 at 06:16 PM.
Mom2jandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:02 PM   #6
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

A neighbor likes I think mei tai? Tie around waist & then round a few with like backpack straps & kid is up rught/ one u put on like backpack (front/back) & stick kid in. Not sure on names of stuff just jist of it.
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:27 PM   #7
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by javabean66 View Post
You wouldn't happen to know one of the coupon codes, would you? With a quick google search I wasn't finding any active ones...
You probably won't find any for RS, and the SSC makers dont' really do coupon codes much. If you can't afford retail you should check the swap out. RS' and SSCs are very common on swaps and you can get a good deal on them.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:09 AM   #8
2LittleAngels
Registered Users
seller

The coupon code for the action baby carrier can be found at the end of a couple different reviews of the toddler carrier done on some recent blog posts. The reviews are linked on the ABC Facebook page. I am mobile so can't link right now.
2LittleAngels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:57 AM   #9
javabean66
Registered Users

My Mood:
Thank you for the info... I will check it out later
Old 11-27-2012, 08:20 PM   #10
sweetDD
Registered Users

My Mood:

I agree with the ABC recommendation, though if you are not able to get a coupon code you still can get their great deals through their discounts and sale items. I am also an ABC user and we love it!!
sweetDD is offline   Reply With Quote