Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-25-2012, 04:31 AM   #21
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Blessed with children, Struggling for more Week of October 22nd

Hey ladies, can I join you?

Screen Name (Real Name): Carriek38 (Carrie)
Current Children and age: Elliott, 2.5yrs
Losses: 02/12 CP, 05/12 6wks, 10/12 CP
Diagnosis: no known fertility issues, same-sex couple
Treatment and meds: Gonal F, Lupron, trigger shots, IUIx5
Next Appointment: Unknown...moving on to IVF

I figured this would be a good place to pop in. DP did fertility treatments before she got pg w/ DD, so I had that experience & support when I did my IUIs. Now we're beyond that, I'm waiting for insurance approval for IVF, & while I thought I'd be waiting until New Year to pursue it, it looks like perhaps it will move along more quickly than that. I have a love-hate relationship w/ the RE's office (CNY Fertility), a lot of anxiety about invasive treatment, and nobody who has BTDT to talk me through it.

Carissa--I'll be thinking about you today

Advertisement

Last edited by carriek38; 10-25-2012 at 04:33 AM.
carriek38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:41 AM   #22
Hope4More
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by carriek38
Hey ladies, can I join you?

Screen Name (Real Name): Carriek38 (Carrie)
Current Children and age: Elliott, 2.5yrs
Losses: 02/12 CP, 05/12 6wks, 10/12 CP
Diagnosis: no known fertility issues, same-sex couple
Treatment and meds: Gonal F, Lupron, trigger shots, IUIx5
Next Appointment: Unknown...moving on to IVF

I figured this would be a good place to pop in. DP did fertility treatments before she got pg w/ DD, so I had that experience & support when I did my IUIs. Now we're beyond that, I'm waiting for insurance approval for IVF, & while I thought I'd be waiting until New Year to pursue it, it looks like perhaps it will move along more quickly than that. I have a love-hate relationship w/ the RE's office (CNY Fertility), a lot of anxiety about invasive treatment, and nobody who has BTDT to talk me through it.

Carissa--I'll be thinking about you today
Welcome! We love new members, although we how your stay here is short and you get you THB quickly!
I have given my cross to Jesus, who has a special talent for overcoming them, even if it means giving His own life...
Hope4More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:24 AM   #23
Love4leon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Hi Carrie- I have added you. Welcome! I hope you get all the support you need here- ask any questions! We have been through it all

Carissa- I am keeping you in my thoughts...

AFM: My FET is coming quick and I am becoming a nervous wreck! What if it doesn't work? What if it does? We are transferring 2 embryos- I looked at the embryologist report and they look to be "strong" all are 5 day blasts. Now they just have to get through the thaw and hang in there through all of this! I am on Estrace- start Crinone on the 28th. Has anyone else been on either of these?
Love4leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:51 AM   #24
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've done the Crinone after each of my IUIs. It does work nicely in terms of progesterone supplementation, but it's, um, yucky. Sorry for the TMI, but that stuff doesn't just dissolve once it's in your vag & it doesn't just leak out like a liquid. Your body kind of sucks any liquid out of the cream & can leave you with a yucky discharge (I thought I had a yeast infection when I first saw it) &/or you may have to clear things out from time to time

I've had some cycles where the side-effects from the Crinone were bad & some where they were nonexistent. Typically, it would cause some breast tenderness, irritability, increased appetite, & acne. I had one cycle where it was REALLY bad & the rest were all manageable.

Fx for your FET.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:44 PM   #25
lalakiwi7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

welcome carrie... although I too agree with other hopefully your stay is short and sweet!

Rebecca- oh but how exciting!!! I am nervous for you but so excited that you guys are getting things moving forward!!!
Liesl-(like Sound of Music.) ER Nurse Practitioner part time. Full time wifey to my highschool sweetheart and mommy to DS-2006 (adopted) and DD-2009 (biobaby). We love Jesus! Until the day we meet again missing our three babies 7/2011;11/2011; DS-7/2012. THANKFUL to be After 3 years and 3 losses with our #2 biobaby RAINBOW IT"S A BOY!! Expected 8/2013
lalakiwi7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:59 PM   #26
Love4leon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriek38 View Post
I've done the Crinone after each of my IUIs. It does work nicely in terms of progesterone supplementation, but it's, um, yucky. Sorry for the TMI, but that stuff doesn't just dissolve once it's in your vag & it doesn't just leak out like a liquid. Your body kind of sucks any liquid out of the cream & can leave you with a yucky discharge (I thought I had a yeast infection when I first saw it) &/or you may have to clear things out from time to time

I've had some cycles where the side-effects from the Crinone were bad & some where they were nonexistent. Typically, it would cause some breast tenderness, irritability, increased appetite, & acne. I had one cycle where it was REALLY bad & the rest were all manageable.

Fx for your FET.
What the huh??? Like there is a wax build up? Craziness! I can't believe the things infertility makes you do- jeesh! Will I need a shovel?

Thanks for the heads up on the side effects!
Love4leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:19 PM   #27
amyltc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hey ladies I'm here cheering you on! Dh and I are still considering ivf, hoping to make a decision before the new year, if we do we would do it this coming summer. Good luck Rebecca, I'm so sad to hear of all the losses on this board good luck to everyone, sorry I've been Mia, I've just been trying not to focus too much on infertility
amyltc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:03 AM   #28
sdavis514
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Carissa - ((HUGS)) you are in my thoughts asnd prayers. So sorry you are back

Love4Leon - Good Luck!!!

Carrie - Welcome! We just started our first IVF cycle. Pretty nervous but excited!

AFM - had my endometrial biopsy and mock embryo transfer yesterday. All looked good on the surface but still gotta wait for the biopsy to come back next week to be sure. Also had a good chat with the Dr and he answered all my questions. Told him I was really scared about OHSS ( since I have no insurance, itwould be a huge financial strain if I ended up in the hospital!!!). He prescribed Metforim, said it would help lower the risk? He also said that if I respond too well to the stimulation, we have the option of not doing a transfer this cycle, since pregnancy ups the risk of OHSS too. Don;t know how I feel about that but I have a huge fear of some complication sending me to the hospital. Do do all of this, we have to drain all our cash so we will be living on the edge for a while till the HELOC goes thru. I don't like not having a cushion!!!!!!

Start the Lupron in a week and a half, then ultrasound and bloodwork on 11/15 and then start stimulation meds. Looks like the egg retrival and transfer will be sometime after Thanksgiving to the first week of December. Kinda cool since we will know if it worked by Christmas. Hoping for great news -that is the only Christmas present I really want
Old 10-26-2012, 08:24 AM   #29
JCPACandMommy
Registered Users
seller

Well Surgery went as expected. Dr. said she couldn't tell if there was anything in the sac so was sending it to Pathology for evaluation. Opted to not scope for the possible ectopic on the right ovary since she would probably want to cut part of it out and I didn't want to lose any good eggs so we will continue the Methotrexate for that...
Carissa~ Married to my Bestfriend and Soulmate Scott and Mommy to Aiden (04/10/08) TTC #2 after the loss of Blighted Ovum and Ectopic on Rt Ovary(10/25/12) and Blighted Ovum (07/28/13)
planning to and #2
Expecting our RAINBOW July 16, 2014!

My Ovulation Chart
JCPACandMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:13 PM   #30
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Carissa- You are still in my thoughts.
Rebecca- So excited for you, hope all goes well.
AFM, first half of the tests came back relatively clear. The immunological tests came back normal, the one that checks for the relative age of your eggs is suspect. Normal is 7-9 with anything under 7 meaning your eggs are of an advanced age/maturity, and I'm right at 7 so they said it could be a contibuting factor. Still waiting on the rest of the results thought. RE is suppose to call today, we shall see.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote