Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-25-2012, 07:22 AM   #1
loganzmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
New Pots & pans?

I am looking into getting new pots & pans but need some opinions on which to get. I am looking for ones I can add piece by piece but still cant break the bank since I don't have alot to shell out at once but I want to get something that will hold up & last. I was looking at the Builtmore collection (I think that is the name of them. Lol)my at Belks. I don't need a ton of different pots & pans. I would prefer to keep semi-minimalist lol such as a lid that can fit 2+ different bottoms. If it helps we are a family of 3 but have 1 or 2 extra ppl sometimes I am NOT a "fancy" cook I should be OK with the basics. Lol
So what brands would you suggest?
What amount/size of pots & pans would you recommend?
Thank you for any input.

Advertisement

Old 10-25-2012, 08:44 AM   #2
hbee
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: New Pots & pans?

I love my Paula Dean pans...
hbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:44 AM   #3
krispy79
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I use to have a Calphalon set that I loved, and it was in excellent condition when I sold it off after 8 years.
Now I have a Rachael Ray set, I love cooking with them, but I feel like they lack a little and will not hold up like my calphalons did (handle came loose on pot lid after 2-3 years).
What ever you decide get a set that will hold up over time.

Sent from my (not so)Smartphone using DS Forum

Is Someone Hurting you? You can talk to me 1.800.838.8238
krispy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:47 AM   #4
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a basic Faberware classic set that I love. My mom used her original faber ware classic set for 25 years when she replaced them. I've had mine 10 and they are still going strong. Also the price can't be beat. I actually bought a basic set of 5 pots and 2 pans with lids last year on day after thanksgiving for around$80. Then you can add bigger or smaller pots as needed individually. Or buy them all individually.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:53 AM   #5
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

We bought from jcp copper bottom.
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:51 AM   #6
juliasmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I LOVE the set I got from Costco for around $170! They are Kirkland brand. Heavy, solids stainless steel with thick bottoms and a copper layer for conduction. They are solidly built and seem pretty indestructable.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:54 AM   #7
Hungry Caterpillar
Registered Users
seller
seller

I would save save save and then buy a Martha Stewart or Le Creuset enameled cast iron dutch oven. A medium sized one. Then buy a smaller one, then a larger one last. I have been finding that even with "fancy" cooking, I can accomplish nearly all with these three. The Le Creuset are heirloom quality, last-your-whole-life pieces and can be in oven or on stove. The Martha Stewart ones are less expensive, often on sale for nearly half price at Macy's, and I have been quite impressed with their quality, nearly as good as the Le Creuset.

Le Creuset also has an outlet, and they can ship to you.

My mom has been cooking with a few Le Creusets for over 30 years and they still look amazing. I have had mine for a few years and they look brand new. I expect to have them forever.
Hungry Caterpillar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:02 PM   #8
madebymommy
Banned - User Requested
seller

My Mood:
I'm looking for the same thing. I'm cooking with a cheapo set from Walmart and I cook A LOT so they are falling apart and I'm sick of them! I don't even know where to start!
madebymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:58 PM   #9
Mummandherboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I too am looking to replace some very used and worn pots and pans that aren't even that old, but have really not held up well It's hard to know how they will last when you go to purchase something. Keep the ideas coming... I am looking to get several new pans for Christmas this year... and want to feel good about my purchase!
Old 10-26-2012, 03:01 PM   #10
Mummandherboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry Caterpillar View Post
I would save save save and then buy a Martha Stewart or Le Creuset enameled cast iron dutch oven. A medium sized one. Then buy a smaller one, then a larger one last. I have been finding that even with "fancy" cooking, I can accomplish nearly all with these three. The Le Creuset are heirloom quality, last-your-whole-life pieces and can be in oven or on stove. The Martha Stewart ones are less expensive, often on sale for nearly half price at Macy's, and I have been quite impressed with their quality, nearly as good as the Le Creuset.

Le Creuset also has an outlet, and they can ship to you.

My mom has been cooking with a few Le Creusets for over 30 years and they still look amazing. I have had mine for a few years and they look brand new. I expect to have them forever.

Mama, would you recommend going to Le Creuset's outlet store online to purchase some? Same with Martha's pans... Macy's would be the best place to check out? I have a bread pan and a pie pan of Le Crueset's that have been wonderful... I wish they weren't all so pricey Which Martha set do you have and recommend?... is there more than one?