Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-25-2012, 12:25 PM   #71
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: FYI - Not All Yogurt is Yogurt!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandy1010 View Post
Ok, where are yall buying local raw milk? Farms? I live in south arkansas and the only place to buy milk is at the store...
You can get raw milk in AR. You just have to know where to look. Maybe start at this site.... http://www.realmilk.com/where01.html#ar

Quote:
Lol I know you dont need it to make yogurt, I just see people talk about it a lot on here!

So, does he just milk it and send it right to your house? Do yall drink this while pregnant? To your kids? I can get a calf for $25 at the barn sale... I may go buy a couple. Milk and then butcher later.
I have not been pregnant since we started having raw milk. I will drink it while pregnant when the time comes though. My kids drink it, and love it. We also make butter and ice cream with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortcake2386 View Post
in ga you can only buy raw milk 'for pets'. its 'not intended for human consumption' lol. and if anyone actually believes we pay $10/gal for milk for the dog they need help
I think that might be MOs law too. The farmer that we get ours from doesn't advertise publicly. Lucky for us though it's about a dollar a gallon cheaper than the regular (non-organic) store milk--and no tax!! I figure the farmer gets more money per gallon for his milk, I pay less, and get a better product. It's a win-win.

Advertisement

jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:27 PM   #72
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiiki View Post
Agreed, here in WI, there should be milk galore, but noone sells raw or even direct to consumer past. milk.
Hmmm...that is wierd, there's not many listings for WI. Maybe you guys have strict raw milk laws or something? Anyway, you can check here, one of these might be close to you if you're interested. http://www.realmilk.com/where10.html#wi
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:31 PM   #73
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I can't do plain It's too tangy straight. In smoothies, maybe, but I just can't eat it with a spoon. I love brown cow yogurt.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:50 PM   #74
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Lol I know you dont need it to make yogurt, I just see people talk about it a lot on here!

So, does he just milk it and send it right to your house? Do yall drink this while pregnant? To your kids? I can get a calf for $25 at the barn sale... I may go buy a couple. Milk and then butcher later.
Yes I drank it my whole second pregnancy. I don't know if th e cows are milked that day or the day before..but it is yummy and lasts the whole week.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:01 PM   #75
Brandy1010
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten

You can get raw milk in AR. You just have to know where to look. Maybe start at this site.... http://www.realmilk.com/where01.html#ar

I have not been pregnant since we started having raw milk. I will drink it while pregnant when the time comes though. My kids drink it, and love it. We also make butter and ice cream with it.

I think that might be MOs law too. The farmer that we get ours from doesn't advertise publicly. Lucky for us though it's about a dollar a gallon cheaper than the regular (non-organic) store milk--and no tax!! I figure the farmer gets more money per gallon for his milk, I pay less, and get a better product. It's a win-win.
Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird516

Yes I drank it my whole second pregnancy. I don't know if th e cows are milked that day or the day before..but it is yummy and lasts the whole week.
Thanks!!
Brandy1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:19 PM   #76
MyKylie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I thought OP was referring to the fact that not all yogurt has live and active cultures? I don't care if it's organic or not, or fat free or no sugar or whatver, the "healthy" part of yogurt is the live cultures, protein and calcium.

I stay away from stuff with tons of sugar, but mostly I buy whatever is cheapest.

FWIW I actually have my first batch of crock pot yogurt going right now! I hope it turns out.

K R M
MyKylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:32 PM   #77
DalesWidda
Registered Users
Formerly: savmaralamommy
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKylie View Post
I thought OP was referring to the fact that not all yogurt has live and active cultures? I don't care if it's organic or not, or fat free or no sugar or whatver, the "healthy" part of yogurt is the live cultures, protein and calcium.

I stay away from stuff with tons of sugar, but mostly I buy whatever is cheapest.

FWIW I actually have my first batch of crock pot yogurt going right now! I hope it turns out.
I made my first batch yesterday. Turned out great! I had some with homemade granola and blackberries