Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-25-2012, 10:03 AM   #11
OrangeBananas
Registered Users
Formerly: Savannah+6
seller
seller

Re: Have you ever changed your stash?

I think we have tried almost every diaper on the market .

Advertisement

OrangeBananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:45 AM   #12
lalaith
Registered Users
seller

I started with bgs, switched to gdiapers cause I hated stuffing pockets, then switched to flips. I've been using flips for three months now and am quite happy.
and the joy my munchkin brings!
lalaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:16 PM   #13
sw.eta
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yes! Like I am crazy!!!
My son is only 10 weeks old and I've changed my stash too many times already. Started with 15 FuzziBunz perfect size, didn't like them much, then bought 20 FB OS, didn't like them either... After that I was smarter and bought only 10 BG 3.0 and... didn't like them Bought 10 g-diapers and didn't like them...
And finally I bought GroVia Hybrid and fell in love! Now I can't stop buying them - already have 30+ soakers and 20 shells... Something is definitely wrong with me
Thanks god I can sell everything or we would ended up on the street

Last edited by sw.eta; 10-25-2012 at 12:17 PM.
sw.eta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:33 PM   #14
littleleaf
Registered Users
Formerly: jcha***h
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hmm... we started with prefolds, then tried some AI2 systems, then fitteds, and finally went full circle back to prefolds (and added some flats).

For the new baby, I'm going to (gasp!) try some AIO's in the newborn stage, but the core of our stash is going to be prefolds and prefitteds. I'm thinking of ditching all the Flips/inserts that we have just to streamline the stash, but I know DH appreciates having some aplix covers around.
SPOTS - new Thirsties and more ISO Jujube, Carters, Gymboree, Zutano girl clothes 18 months
littleleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:42 PM   #15
lavender dragonfly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yes... From OBB/RSD pockets to RSD AIO's

Loved them both, but I ended up being the only one stuffing them because of my hubby's giant hands

Current stash: 24 Rainshine Designs, sized AIO's

Last edited by lavender dragonfly; 10-25-2012 at 12:43 PM.
lavender dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:30 PM   #16
~Roses~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boysniris View Post
I had to change when my son was around 3-4 months old; he was getting rashes from PUL AND he needed stay-dry inners, so we changed to breathable fleece Preston's Pants and GADs pockets w/stay-dry, and pocket fitteds w/stay-dry inners + fleece covers.
Hijacking momentarily, where are you getting your pocket fitteds? I loved these with my now 9 year old and I can't find them anywhere! Our nighttime solution was a pocket fitted stuffed with a hemp Nighty-Newt and topped with wool! I want pocket fitteds again!

As to the question, we used a lot of different things and kept changing what we were using while we were figuring out the CD thing (I say "we" like dh was helping, but we all know it was just me,lol)! Like I said above, my youngest is 9, so this was back in 2003 that we were first buying diapers. We tried Angelwraps AIO's, super trim, but super wicking, then we tried pockets and had a TON of Happy Heiny's, but all the prints wicked. Then fitteds and interlock wool wraps (and a couple of fleece covers) ended up being our favorite, Dewdrops and Fireflies (among others) with Kiwi Pie covers.

I'll admit that the first diapers we bought were Kushies AIO's! The outside felt like really hard, crinkly plastic, it was not cool and ds maybe wore one for 20 minutes before we said no way. After that we went to FuzziBunz for a month or so before we ventured on to what I mentioned above.

This time I'm spending more time *thinking* before buying the newbie's stash. I am pretty sure I want to do fitteds and interlock wool (pull on and wrap), possibly some prefolds, which I never got the hang of last time. I like the idea simple, natural fitteds and adorable covers. But maybe a few AIO's to be trim under clothes? Eh, we'll see. I'm not a fan of complete stash overhauls because of the time involved, but we'll see what happens!
Old 10-25-2012, 05:21 PM   #17
Lammy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Roses~ View Post
Hijacking momentarily, where are you getting your pocket fitteds? I loved these with my now 9 year old and I can't find them anywhere! Our nighttime solution was a pocket fitted stuffed with a hemp Nighty-Newt and topped with wool! I want pocket fitteds again!

As to the question, we used a lot of different things and kept changing what we were using while we were figuring out the CD thing (I say "we" like dh was helping, but we all know it was just me,lol)! Like I said above, my youngest is 9, so this was back in 2003 that we were first buying diapers. We tried Angelwraps AIO's, super trim, but super wicking, then we tried pockets and had a TON of Happy Heiny's, but all the prints wicked. Then fitteds and interlock wool wraps (and a couple of fleece covers) ended up being our favorite, Dewdrops and Fireflies (among others) with Kiwi Pie covers.

I'll admit that the first diapers we bought were Kushies AIO's! The outside felt like really hard, crinkly plastic, it was not cool and ds maybe wore one for 20 minutes before we said no way. After that we went to FuzziBunz for a month or so before we ventured on to what I mentioned above.

This time I'm spending more time *thinking* before buying the newbie's stash. I am pretty sure I want to do fitteds and interlock wool (pull on and wrap), possibly some prefolds, which I never got the hang of last time. I like the idea simple, natural fitteds and adorable covers. But maybe a few AIO's to be trim under clothes? Eh, we'll see. I'm not a fan of complete stash overhauls because of the time involved, but we'll see what happens!
Rumpkinz makes pocket fitteds
Old 10-25-2012, 08:00 PM   #18
Poodlemum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Only about 5 hundred times lol. We started with mama made fleece in ones with mf and flannel for preemie size, then we did some nb with microsuede inners since flannel was rashing her up. Once she was in smalls we moved to pockets with minky inners and they seemed to be ok for a while. When I tried to do full time cloth we started getting rashy all the time and I switched to suedecloth since minky wasn't stay dry enough. Then she started getting scabs down her legs and red, so we had to stop using PUL at all. Fleece pockets with suedecloth worked great, but not the best for outings! I decided to move into better materiels and made a bunch of OS fitteds, we still use those regularly and LOVE them. I still had a few pockets and couldn't use them as such, so I decided to try prefolds with them and she didn't rash up! So I started using them for outings and got some AI2s. Then I found the BG 4.0 love and have a pretty nice stash of those for grandma and church lol
Poodlemum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:31 AM   #19
kbevie
Registered Users
seller

I'm constantly changing my stash. I was w/ AIOs first and pockets, then went to fitteds and covers, kept some of those when I switched to mostly prefolds flats and covers. My covers have always been a mix of wool, fleece, and PUL until I discovered my daughter gets eczema with wool. I say mix it up and if it doesn't work, sell and buy again.

I'm owner and operator of 3 Sweet Peas, cloth diaper WAHM shop on Etsy. Hand dyed bamboo fitted diapers and wool interlock covers, and more.
3SP Etsy
3SP Facebook
kbevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:19 PM   #20
NSB
Registered Users
seller

Twice a week! LOL