Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-25-2012, 07:39 PM   #21
pumkinsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: How do you deal with earache?

If she is under 2, the protocol if it is an infection is an antibiotic. I would take her to the ped. to get checked. Unfortunately many people today have hearing loss due to the 'onion' treatment. Just using that one as an example.

Advertisement

Old 10-25-2012, 08:07 PM   #22
vatblack
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How do you deal with earache?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekat View Post
Source is GERD and APR article sponsored by American Academy of Otlaryngology

My son has severe GERD his entire life (now 8yo), so I know it is a factor for him but how much of a factor in the ear infections is an unknown. I can tell you he already has stunted growth, feeding difficulties and one apparent life threatening event from GERD and poor GI motility. Even if your child doesn't present as severely it is possible GERD or previous damage from GERD could be compounding the problem.
Thank you. I will read up more and then I'll discuss it with the pediatrician. My daughter doesn't show many of the symptoms you talk about but there are a few of them that fit. She was never diagnosed with it as an infant though we discussed the excessive spit up and formula changes a lot with the doctors... so, it might just mean another discussion now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumkinsmommy View Post
If she is under 2, the protocol if it is an infection is an antibiotic. I would take her to the ped. to get checked. Unfortunately many people today have hearing loss due to the 'onion' treatment. Just using that one as an example.
My DD is 3 now and she has had a "real" ear infection when she was 3 months old. This does not feel the same though.

So, yes, I think I'll hold off on the remedies for now until I'm sure that she still hurts for sure. I touched many places around her body, including her ears saying: Does it hurt? Does it hurt? And she said "yes" to all the places. So, I think whatever she experienced was temporary anyway.

Thanks for everyone weighing in.