Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-26-2012, 11:35 AM   #1
kbevie
Registered Users
seller

Starting to feel like a mama cloth hoarder

I used to just have enough Norrie's Nappies mama cloth to wash halfway through and then at the end. Then I decided to splurge for myself and pretty much doubled my stash, plus I made some for myself (cause I'm crafty like that). So now I have 3 heavy overnights, 6 reg heavy, 20 regulars, and 6 panty liners. I only have wash once at the end which I admit is pretty nice, but do I NEED that many? No, but I love them all anyway. Anyone else have a mama cloth obsession? Have you ever converted someone to them?

Advertisement

I'm owner and operator of 3 Sweet Peas, cloth diaper WAHM shop on Etsy. Hand dyed bamboo fitted diapers and wool interlock covers, and more.
3SP Etsy
3SP Facebook
kbevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:36 AM   #2
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Starting to feel like a mama cloth hoarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbevie View Post
I used to just have enough Norrie's Nappies mama cloth to wash halfway through and then at the end. Then I decided to splurge for myself and pretty much doubled my stash, plus I made some for myself (cause I'm crafty like that). So now I have 3 heavy overnights, 6 reg heavy, 20 regulars, and 6 panty liners. I only have wash once at the end which I admit is pretty nice, but do I NEED that many? No, but I love them all anyway. Anyone else have a mama cloth obsession? Have you ever converted someone to them?
Can you explain this obsession to me? I realize there are a lot of momma cloth addicts here, but I just don't get it. Is it the same as a diaper addict really with the prints and the challenge in finding the perfect pad?
Old 10-26-2012, 12:08 PM   #3
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

Once upon a time I did a trade for 5 panty liners to use for backup to my Diva. Then I made one for myself for fun one night with a fleece backing. I used store-bought pads for post partum with my 2nd kid and I had ITCH like you wouldn't believe. So for this new baby, I made 17 pads completely out of re-purposed PUL covers with shot elastic, PUL scraps from othe projects, 3 old t-shirts and a super-soft minky crib bumper I found at a garage sale for $1. I love them, though I'm not sure I'd use a polyester topper again. It's stay dry and soft, but if I don't get around to changing in a timely fashion they get a bit of odor.

I, too, like to not have to worry about washing midway through. They probably ARE washed midway, but I don' thave to hover over the washer with my legs crossed waiting.

Last edited by badmisterkitty; 10-26-2012 at 12:09 PM.
badmisterkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:34 PM   #4
Corgi
Registered Users

I just spent like $130 on a whole new stash of GEM cloth, but it hasn't arrived yet and I already want to buy more.
Corgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:04 PM   #5
kbevie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabuki24 View Post
Can you explain this obsession to me? I realize there are a lot of momma cloth addicts here, but I just don't get it. Is it the same as a diaper addict really with the prints and the challenge in finding the perfect pad?
It's not really like cloth diapering to me in terms of having specific prints that I want, I just enjoy shopping for them online and feeling the softness of the bamboo velour right out of the package. Buying them makes it feel like I'm doing something special just for me (which I am since I'm the only one using them). With my cloth diapers, I'm constantly changing out my stash but that's only because I can sell the used ones. I doubt I could sell mama cloth used! So I will probably just use them til they don't work anymore, which I imagine would be a LONG time, long after my daughter is out of CDs.

I'm owner and operator of 3 Sweet Peas, cloth diaper WAHM shop on Etsy. Hand dyed bamboo fitted diapers and wool interlock covers, and more.
3SP Etsy
3SP Facebook
kbevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:36 PM   #6
ursaminor
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

This reminds me, I need to make more mama cloth. Some have gone missing over the years (yikes!).
Old 10-26-2012, 02:20 PM   #7
MrsFelton2009
Registered Users
seller

Where or who do you buy from? Im thinking of trying this.
MrsFelton2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:36 PM   #8
Corgi
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsFelton2009 View Post
Where or who do you buy from? Im thinking of trying this.
I read and watched a ton of reviews, when I decided to completely overhaul my stash. My last stash was a mish mash of a bunch from all over etsy, and some I made. I have heard really good things about Party in my Pants, Pink Lemonade, Pink Daisy, and Gem Cloth. I ended up ordering from Gem Cloth because the price was so great, and I like that she upcycles materials. I bought from the clearance section, so I didn't get to pick colors or anything, but all of them that I've seen in reviews have been pretty so I'm not worried.
Corgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:07 PM   #9
Xanders
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbevie
Yes & yes . If we weren't so broke, I'd be ordering more!
Xanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:20 PM   #10
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
seller

My Mood:

I have had huge stashes before ... just because I could! I have thinned them out a few times and I don't even know what I have now but I know it's still too much. So I still have an obsession and yes I've gotten other people to try them/switch. I think if my daughter rounded all hers up and put them all in one place it could be said that she is a hoarder but that would mostly be my fault too.
GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote