Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-25-2012, 09:30 PM   #1
mypeanut09
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Ugh...my trusted overnight diapers are leaking

Help! Flip organics stuffed into a pocket have been my go to for overnight diapers since DD was quite young. She is now almost 14 months and is peeing through Flip Organics at night. She has leaked several times because of it. So I need a new night diaper. I'm making some fleece soakers - wool IS NOT in my budget, please don't suggest it. Should I just add a doubler to her Flip Organics? I was thinking about making some pocket fitteds. I have one and stuff it with one MF insert and one hemp insert and didn't have leaks with that. What do you think?

Advertisement

I love Kissed by the Moon & I'd love it if you shopped my affiliate link! Feel free to PM me with any questions!

mypeanut09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:47 PM   #2
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ugh...my trusted overnight diapers are leaking

I would either try a hemp doubler OR...you might like the Sbish bamboo terry flats

I bought two size Mediums to try as nighttime inserts; they are really absorbent and squishy and I them

ETA --> I bought them from your fav store (KBTM ) and they arrived super fast!

boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:05 PM   #3
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

If you already have something else you can stuff in there, work with what you have! I know you love GroVia, you could even stick one of their soakers in there with it, bulky, yes, but pretty absorbent! Or add a flour sack towel...

I don't know, my son is leaking out of everything, day and night, I'm so over it!! The only thing that holds him for more than an hour is a night time fitted in wool longies (which I up cycle myself because it IS too expensive) but if you can sew, it's an option ;-)

Even the Honest Company disposables leak everywhere, which stinks because my mom sent me 2 packs of them when she heard me stressing that I'm down to my last 25 BioSoakers... Tonight DS is in a huggies overnight
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:07 PM   #4
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We just add a Thursties hemp doubler with our Flip organics and it's been working well. The only issue I have found is that the diaper gets bulky enough it can be hard to get a good fit. We stuff these into Kawaii Goodnight HW pockets. I am generally not a fan of Kawaiis to be perfectly honest but these have a bigger pocket so they are awesome.
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:54 AM   #5
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

Why not just add a doubler? Cheaper than a new diaper. Hemp Babies are thin and work well in a Flip organic. Throw some fleece pajamas or soaker on over that for extra protection. I know you said not to suggest wool but it honestly is not expensive. Upcycled and Used can be found for very cheap($20 or less) or free. If it' just for nights you only need one and it doesn't need to be fancy.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:37 PM   #6
lalaith
Registered Users
seller

When my flip organics started leaking at night, I eventually started using two flats pad folded, and haven't had a leak since! (Unless he was a gymnast in his sleep and tugged the cover off...)
and the joy my munchkin brings!
lalaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:45 PM   #7
mommygraham
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would try a doubler. I use prefolds day and night. Once ds started peeing a little more, I just added a preemie pf. He's 13mo and it's still holding strong. Even on the nights I nurse him 2-3 times (and don't change his diaper )
Old 10-26-2012, 10:40 PM   #8
mypeanut09
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'll try a doubler tomorrow and see if that does it. I'm experimenting tonight with a MEOS with a hemp insert added to it.

I love Kissed by the Moon & I'd love it if you shopped my affiliate link! Feel free to PM me with any questions!

mypeanut09 is offline   Reply With Quote