Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-27-2012, 08:02 AM   #681
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l
I am back down to 150.3 so I lost almost a full pound. I am happy. I am hoping to get into the 140s next week. That would rock my world. My tummy is going down again which is awesome. I need to do some sit ups or something to flatten it out. I still have my baby flab.
Great job! If you can squats rock (again that's if you can).

Advertisement

Old 10-27-2012, 12:23 PM   #682
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:
Re: The 25lb Challenge October thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac & Cheeses mom View Post
Great job! If you can squats rock (again that's if you can).
Squats are out with my knees, but I can do sit ups which is better than nothing...lol!!!
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:25 PM   #683
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l

Squats are out with my knees, but I can do sit ups which is better than nothing...lol!!!
Absolutely.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:32 PM   #684
munchkinflame13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I've been volunteering at my church Thursday Friday and today so Thursday and today were rest days from working out and I didn't get to weigh this morning, but I did c25k Friday morning and I will try to weigh tomorrow morning.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:24 PM   #685
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchkinflame13
I've been volunteering at my church Thursday Friday and today so Thursday and today were rest days from working out and I didn't get to weigh this morning, but I did c25k Friday morning and I will try to weigh tomorrow morning.
Oh good for you! Enjoy your weekend.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:47 PM   #686
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well I feel like I haven't been eating well at all but I'm only at 195. I guess I've been eating less b/c of stress. Blah. Lots of changes in my life right now...I'm trying to pop in every few days to keep up but might not be super active for a while. Go everybody!
And my vintage shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/usedbutnotabused
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:03 PM   #687
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterisntsomething
Well I feel like I haven't been eating well at all but I'm only at 195. I guess I've been eating less b/c of stress. Blah. Lots of changes in my life right now...I'm trying to pop in every few days to keep up but might not be super active for a while. Go everybody!
Your doing fine. Life is a challenge if it weren't we never would have gained in the first place.
Old 10-28-2012, 02:38 AM   #688
BubBubsMom
Registered Users
Formerly: TaReeses
seller
seller

I've been eating my feelings. I know I have gained weight because my stomach is "fluffier". I have eaten mc d's like 3x within the last week. Those hostess cupcakes, chocolate. I've been craving those stupid foods. I don't hardly eat junk like that but I have noooooo clue why I have been wanting them. Tomorrow I'm starting back over.
All my junk is gone, so time to start over fresh. I've been doing so well and I just feel awful. I've just been having stress lately and because I have no one here where I live to talk to about it, I eat.
BubBubsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:09 AM   #689
Numommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have been wanting to recommend a book, but I am hesitant because it is religious. It helped me refocus my goals, and it does help when I want to emotionally eat.
I changed my goals from weight loss to sticking to my diet, and from numbers to being active 4 days out of 7. I work on a busy medical floor, three days right now, so I actually have to run on the fourth day. I feel good about being able to stick with this, and when I gained and did not loose I stuck to it. I had never done that before.
Anyway the book address the fruit of the spirit and that self control is one of them. I had never considered weight loss to be spiritual, more the opposite with vanity and such.
I really hope I have not offended, it is not my intent to rock our wonderful thread. For those that may find it useful, I wanted to post, but the other side of the coin is where I hesitate.
CS Lewis says Christians should not discuss their differences in the presence of nonbelievers, only the uniting things. I have to agree. We mean well, but often end up looking like something I would want to run from.
Anyway the book is by:
It is by Candace Cameron Bure, from Full House, the title is "Reshaping it All."
I hope I can recommend it and if we all want to discuss it, we do it briefly and move on.
It made such a difference in my attitude towards weight loss though....

Last edited by Numommy; 10-28-2012 at 04:13 AM.
Numommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:05 AM   #690
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Numommy I think you sharing took lots of courage. I believe that if there is anything we can do in the journey and it works is worth a look.

When it comes to emotional eating their is a second thing we have to look at and this is not the food. It's not that your starving yourself from eating but rather starving your feelings. I don't talk about emotional eating a lot because I don't believe I do it, however my husband has told me I do. The one thing I did was to allow he feelings you can't eat them away, they come back, you can't hide from them, they find you. I have found if I feel it either writing it in a journal (which many therapist recommend doing when on a weight loss journey because of emotional eating habits) or I cry an feel them. It helps by giving over to my feeling and then after a good cry and feeling it I take control again. I remind myself that I am worth the good I am doing. When we emotional eat we undo all the good we have been doing and telling out brains and bodies we are not good enough this continuing the cycle.

I hope you who emotional eat find harmony and look into help overcoming it. Emotional eating has the emotional side and may need more than a diet to fix. Until emotions are handled over eating and the like will continue to control and the cycle cannot be broken. In order to change you have to brake the cycle and this is not easy.

I know you all have it in you to do this. I know you all are strong and encouraging. You all have the power to beat your inner beast.

Much loves.

Last edited by Mac & Cheeses mom; 10-28-2012 at 05:07 AM.
Mac & Cheeses mom is offline   Reply With Quote