Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-12-2007, 08:47 PM   #1
Birdof1985
Banned
seller

My Mood:
need some suggestions (baby clothing)

To start, My last child was a girl. We kept all her clothes-- Preemie to now. Most are in ok condition.

this child is 75% a girl and i would like to get some items, BUT for some reason im stumped.

I have never had a baby actually born in winter, i have a Feb 28th baby and May 22nd baby.... no fall/winter babies. I did buy recently 5 preemie onesies because i know those she can wear under sleepers. or by themselves. So should i buy just a few 0-3 outfits as far as sleepers? I know i want to get a coming home outfit... preemie and pink . Not sure what else though.

thanks
jen

Advertisement

Birdof1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 08:49 PM   #2
CrunchyMama0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: need some suggestions (baby clothing)

That depends....do you tend to have smaller babies or larger? If larger, I'd invest in some 3/6mth sleepers This will be my 1st winter baby too, hehe. Its hard to adjust to...shopping wise.
Old 08-12-2007, 09:20 PM   #3
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

my ds was born in the winter~12/2 and he was so tiny, we used lots of sleepers and those 2 peice cotton sets, long sleeve and stretchy pants from walmart.
don't get too many preemie, get some 0-3 and 3-6.
don't forget little hats, socks and long sleeve shirts. we also use the blanket sleeper bag, theyre great and warm and super snuggly.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 09:30 PM   #4
AmandaS
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If it's really cold where you are, you can dress baby in a long sleeve onsie and the stretch knit pants. Then layer other things on top when you go out. Think sweaters, sweat pant type pants, and a bunting. Don't forget hats, socks/booties and mittens.
Old 08-12-2007, 09:46 PM   #5
teenibutterfly
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

for my son i sweared by my carters long sleeve layettes/gowns. they were awesome until he was 7 months. they have elastic at the bottom so you can pull their legs through for a quick diaper change!!! he was a winter baby and i just put socks on him when he wasn't swaddled up for sleeping. when he started sitting then i would hike up the bottom so it became a t-shirt!!! great! he wore his all night and most of the day if we didn't go out any where. They come in GN colors with animal prints/sayings on them! i will diffinately use them for my next baby...even if i have a girl! Pea
teenibutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 10:02 PM   #6
Rachaelbee
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by teenibutterfly View Post
for my son i sweared by my carters long sleeve layettes/gowns. they were awesome until he was 7 months. they have elastic at the bottom so you can pull their legs through for a quick diaper change!!! he was a winter baby and i just put socks on him when he wasn't swaddled up for sleeping. when he started sitting then i would hike up the bottom so it became a t-shirt!!! great! he wore his all night and most of the day if we didn't go out any where. They come in GN colors with animal prints/sayings on them! i will diffinately use them for my next baby...even if i have a girl! Pea
and sleepers, unless we were going out, I had a couple nice outfits.... by now with 3 girls I pretty much have all sizes for all seasons can we say garage sale?! anyone interested in nice maternity clothes...got lots of those too lol (m-xl)
Old 08-12-2007, 10:45 PM   #7
Birdof1985
Banned
seller

My Mood:

i usually have small babies-- 6.3 and 5.8 thats why i got preemie.

yeah im def looking for simple this time.. thats a great idea though-- simple onesies and pants.

jen
Birdof1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:32 AM   #8
teenibutterfly
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

also, longies and prefolds with organic cotton side snap t-shirts! Thats my plan for the next baby too. and i'm going to do that this winter with my 10 month old! YAY for wool pants and t-shirts that don't go over the head!!!! my son hates it when i put a onesie on him! or anything over the head! Pea
teenibutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote