Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-28-2012, 12:34 PM   #131
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Re: Big Mamas October Support Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNC View Post
I have unmedicated ADD, and I get side tracked very eadily during the day. I will make breakfast for the girls, return to the kitchen to get something to eat myself, and start doing dishes, or something else.... i do always eat dinner with them bc we all eat the same thing. But we all like something different for breakfast and lunch, so i will make theirs first then forget about mine....usually it sits uneaten in the microwave or on the counter, lol.
I, also, have ADHD, but eating has never been something I have forgotten about! lol

Scale this morning says I have lost about 4 lbs since getting back from our trip. And that is just from adding in what exercise I've done, and I haven't even done anything every day. I think part of it is due to the fact that I am finally getting my thyroid taken care of. I need to work on getting my pH levels more balanced, though, which is hard for me, as so mamy of the foods I enjoy are acidic. Oh well. At least the scale says I'm doing something. Going to work to keep at it this time and get this weight gone.

Advertisement

tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:10 PM   #132
greenmommyx2
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallanvor

I, also, have ADHD, but eating has never been something I have forgotten about! lol

Scale this morning says I have lost about 4 lbs since getting back from our trip. And that is just from adding in what exercise I've done, and I haven't even done anything every day. I think part of it is due to the fact that I am finally getting my thyroid taken care of. I need to work on getting my pH levels more balanced, though, which is hard for me, as so mamy of the foods I enjoy are acidic. Oh well. At least the scale says I'm doing something. Going to work to keep at it this time and get this weight gone.
Congrats on the 4lb loss!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 10-29-2012, 06:26 AM   #133
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Weighed in at 150.9 this AM after cheating th eother day and gaining a pound. I hope to lose the rest of my cheat weight and then some in the next few days.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:08 PM   #134
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l
Weighed in at 150.9 this AM after cheating th eother day and gaining a pound. I hope to lose the rest of my cheat weight and then some in the next few days.
Good luck!! I was down to 191.5 last week, a full 20lbs but had a bad few days and this morning was up at 195.5. Hoping to drink lots of water today and have a good day and be back to 193.5 tomorrow for weigh in which is what I was last week. Would love to not log a gain.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:41 PM   #135
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am still hanging steady at 155. It's been months now, I gain I loose but I keep leveling out back at that. I can't seem to loose for good but at least I don't seem to gain for good either. I'm really wanting to do C25K. I really want to make the goal to run a 5K for my thirtiest birthday in January. BUT i'm scared. I tried C25K once before and because I guess I was running two often my knees got super swollen so I quit. I just don't want to start something that I"m going to quit. I just really need to not feel like a failure about anything else right now. I feel like it's to great of a risk for me emotionally to attempt something knowing I may fail. I know that sounds pitiful, but I haven't been in the best place since my last miscarriage. And I'm trying to pull myself out and I know working out will help, but I need to not fail at it. So how do you guys push yourselves to do it. I tried last week, and something got in the way of working out every afternoon. I'm thinking about trying mornings, but I am NOT a morning person and I already have to get up at 6am. Thoughts ideas? I feel like I'm full of excuses and no real solutions right now.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:23 PM   #136
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
I am still hanging steady at 155. It's been months now, I gain I loose but I keep leveling out back at that. I can't seem to loose for good but at least I don't seem to gain for good either. I'm really wanting to do C25K. I really want to make the goal to run a 5K for my thirtiest birthday in January. BUT i'm scared. I tried C25K once before and because I guess I was running two often my knees got super swollen so I quit. I just don't want to start something that I"m going to quit. I just really need to not feel like a failure about anything else right now. I feel like it's to great of a risk for me emotionally to attempt something knowing I may fail. I know that sounds pitiful, but I haven't been in the best place since my last miscarriage. And I'm trying to pull myself out and I know working out will help, but I need to not fail at it. So how do you guys push yourselves to do it. I tried last week, and something got in the way of working out every afternoon. I'm thinking about trying mornings, but I am NOT a morning person and I already have to get up at 6am. Thoughts ideas? I feel like I'm full of excuses and no real solutions right now.

I don't know about the losing beyond what you have, but for the running, make sure you have top quality shoes that are properly fitted to your feet. Also, don't run on concrete -- run on grass, if possible.

As for motivation, you just have to get to the point where you want it. Unfortunately, I don't know what else to tell you. If I did, it would not have taken me a year and a half to lose the 8 lbs that I've lost.

I do know, though, that if I set out to exercise 5 days a week, I will have a day it won't happen, then I feel terrible and it's easier to skip another day. So, I shoot for 3 days. The last couple of weeks I have managed 3 days, 4 days, and this week I'm hoping to get every day, but by shooting for 3 days, I have some wiggle room.

Is there any way you can rearrange your mornings? Even if you just got 10 minutes of a workout in in the morning, it would be something.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:00 PM   #137
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, I did it. I did something. It wasn't a run since I need new shoes for that, mine are pretty worn down. But I went for a 40 min. bike ride pulling a trailer and then walked another 10 min. to cool down. Going to see what I can do about motivating myself to get up earlier, we'll see on that one.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:44 AM   #138
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

And I got up this morning and did a 20 min. ball workout. 10 min flexibility workout and a 10 min. core workout. Not a huge calorie burner but my body needed it to help with the stiffness I was feeling.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:36 AM   #139
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
And I got up this morning and did a 20 min. ball workout. 10 min flexibility workout and a 10 min. core workout. Not a huge calorie burner but my body needed it to help with the stiffness I was feeling.
I'm planning on doing yoga this afternoon. I didn't get up and do the elliptical, which is really the calorie burner for me, but I have been very stiff lately, especially with the weather jumping around, so I think I'm going to try working some yoga in a few times a week. That, and I love yoga. I just feel good when I do it, and it is something I can do with the kids around, as I'm not so out of breath that it's hard to answer them.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:23 AM   #140
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Yeah, so. Haven't done anything yesterday or today, and I probably won't today. AF must be about to rear her ugly head because I have just been in an off mood all week. I don't normally have this issue, but it's the only thing I can think of right now to be causing the blahness of this week.