Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-29-2012, 07:19 PM   #11
erin_c_odonnell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I'm pregnant! (not going to stick)

Like pp I wondered if they were giving you progesterone? My levels were that low at 7.5 weeks and they put me on progesterone and he's now 9 month old.

Advertisement

Old 10-29-2012, 08:28 PM   #12
Lisa_m
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin_c_odonnell View Post
Like pp I wondered if they were giving you progesterone? My levels were that low at 7.5 weeks and they put me on progesterone and he's now 9 month old.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCPACandMommy View Post
Oh Lisa I'm so sorry...have they thought about putting you on progesterone to help implanting and maintaining the pregnancy?
Progesterone wasn't mentioned. I spoke to the nurse who spoke to the dr. and asked her if there was anything we could do to stop this and she said no. Then I started searching online and saw about progesterone supplements. So then I called back but because the impending hurricane, the office closed early and they will be closed at least through tomorrow. My hope is that things will hold tight until the office can open again. I'm trying to stay hydrated because I read that can help with things. My only other option would be to go to the hospital, but honestly with the flooding, that would be foolish and dangerous.

I am so angry about all this. I got pregnant with DD without even 'trying' and everything was textbook, from conception through birth and now 5 years later, I can't seem to make it stick. Just unbelievable.

Well my power just blinked out and came back. I should probably post this now.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:29 PM   #13
Lisa_m
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin_c_odonnell View Post
I also wanted to add, this makes me feel like there could be some hope. Thank you
Old 10-29-2012, 08:52 PM   #14
mommatomymiracle
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_m View Post
Progesterone wasn't mentioned. I spoke to the nurse who spoke to the dr. and asked her if there was anything we could do to stop this and she said no. Then I started searching online and saw about progesterone supplements. So then I called back but because the impending hurricane, the office closed early and they will be closed at least through tomorrow. My hope is that things will hold tight until the office can open again. I'm trying to stay hydrated because I read that can help with things. My only other option would be to go to the hospital, but honestly with the flooding, that would be foolish and dangerous.

I am so angry about all this. I got pregnant with DD without even 'trying' and everything was textbook, from conception through birth and now 5 years later, I can't seem to make it stick. Just unbelievable.

Well my power just blinked out and came back. I should probably post this now.
My heart goes out to you, Lisa. I'm praying for you that this would stick, and that they would give you the progesterone. I asked for it early on in my pregnancy, and I don't know if that's what made it stick, but it certainly gave me peace of mind. Praying for you!
(#1 natural hospital birth, Bradley Method; #2 home water birth)
Missing our m/c angel (6/08)
CDing, BFing, BWing, etc. Semi-Crunchy WAHM social media consultant
ISO Ju-Ju-Be, Petunia Pickle Bottom, etc. bags
mommatomymiracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:31 PM   #15
erin_c_odonnell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You could try some natural progestrone till you can see the dr. I've only heard of but maybe some others can chime in- Mexican yams are one and there is a cream you can rub on sold from health stores, amazon, etc.
personally I wouldn't lose hope till it was all said and done but know we are thinking of you and care mama.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:45 PM   #16
beauty bobaloo
Registered Users

My Mood:

I hope all works out and this one holds tight ,take care
beauty bobaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:54 AM   #17
Lisa_m
Registered Users
seller

I'm going to call the on call Dr in about an hour and see if I can get a prescription. The natural food store is closed but I think the pharmacy in the grocery store is open. I will order from Amazon anyway. DH works there, but unfortunately the don't have a company store out let workers take their own packages home. That would be nice though.... So Mt only hope now is that the Dr comes through for me
Old 10-30-2012, 07:13 AM   #18
MyM&W
Registered Users
Formerly: maddiesmommy0503
seller

My Mood:
Any news?
Old 10-30-2012, 11:38 AM   #19
Lisa_m
Registered Users
seller

Sorry for no update. Internet is out at home. Cell data spotty. Anyway I spoke with the doctor this morning and he felt that there was no medical reason to support Prog at this time. He also said he would see me on the next day or two. About an hour ago he called to see I could come in today. So now I'm in the waiting room. I want to talk to him more about the Prog and also to try to figure our what is going on. Will update after
Old 10-30-2012, 12:26 PM   #20
mommatomymiracle
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_m View Post
Sorry for no update. Internet is out at home. Cell data spotty. Anyway I spoke with the doctor this morning and he felt that there was no medical reason to support Prog at this time. He also said he would see me on the next day or two. About an hour ago he called to see I could come in today. So now I'm in the waiting room. I want to talk to him more about the Prog and also to try to figure our what is going on. Will update after
Grrr! The progesterone couldn't hurt. I wish/hope he'll let you take it because of that. It might help, it might not, but it's worth a try!
(#1 natural hospital birth, Bradley Method; #2 home water birth)
Missing our m/c angel (6/08)
CDing, BFing, BWing, etc. Semi-Crunchy WAHM social media consultant
ISO Ju-Ju-Be, Petunia Pickle Bottom, etc. bags
mommatomymiracle is offline   Reply With Quote