Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-24-2012, 04:37 PM   #21
kanga1622
Registered Users

First time I spent about $70 in clothes and $60 in nursing tanks.

I gave everything to my nephew's wife because I was sure we were done.

Haven't started shopping this time around but I would guess a similar amount will be spent. That is buying everything second hand as I do wear business casual every day. I was huge last time so I fully expect to struggle finding things this time around.

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum

Advertisement

Old 10-24-2012, 04:52 PM   #22
brookglen
Registered Users

Re: How much do you spend on maternity clothes?

I spent $600 on clothes this pregnancy because I spent almost nothing the last time. I also have a job that requires me to look semi stylish.
brookglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:24 PM   #23
txmommytobe
Registered Users

My Mood:
Well my 1st, 2nd and 3rd I can't remember but I will spend a decent amount this time since I have nothing and I outgrow regular clothes pretty quick

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 10-24-2012, 07:07 PM   #24
MunkyCrazy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have no idea what the total would be, but most of it was second hand or clearance. I got some nursing tops from FSOT and I've been keeping my eye out for more. I didn't have many actual nursing tops with my other 2 and I really wanted some this time.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:56 AM   #25
emmabarley
Registered Users

I bought most of my maternity wardrobe from Seraphine. It isn't cheap but the quality is great and I used a lot of the tops for nursing and still wear them long after!
emmabarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:39 PM   #26
Aubrey<3Gavin
Registered Users
seller

I spent probably $50? My mom bought me several things at Kohl's but I don't know how much she spent. And I got several shirts hand me down from a friend. I mostly bought pants because many of my shirts were still fine to wear though I had to use one of those belly bands or whatever at the end (actually, I made a black one and a white one using some old camisole that were waaaay to small. Just cut them into a band!).

I made a point to stick to classic cuts of pants so that no matter what trends are in the future, my black and khaki pants can be reused for each kid unless my size is drastically different.

ISO......BG 4.0 in aplix

I'm an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner! http://www.kingdomkonsultant.com
Aubrey<3Gavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:27 PM   #27
Mama_K
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have no idea how much I spent with my last pregnancy but I think it was quite a bit I was still working full time and my income was all "extra" money, so I had fun buying lots of cute maternity clothes. It's been nice to not need much at all this time around, so far just some replacement tanks, tights and a winter coat. I'm guessing I'll need some different shoes later on as my feet swell. I love my maternity clothes, they are more stylish than my regular clothes, so I was excited to wear them again!
Old 10-28-2012, 06:52 AM   #28
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

To be honest I'm really cheap about buying myself clothes, and DH and I only really buy clothes for ourselves if we really need stuff. DS on the other hand...LOL

So my first pregnancy, I got some used stuff from cosignment sales that didn't have much of a selection and I couldn't try things on, etc. Some of it was ugly, but it was cheap and I figured I wouldn't be using it that long so what did it matter. Ugh. It was awful for my self imagine and much of it was very unflattering, uncomfortable, and not much of a selection to choose from.

so THIS TIME, DH said spend they money and buy some clothes for yourself. Who knew most department stores don't have maternity at all anymore or a VERY small selection?? I was so shocked. So finally we tried Macy's at the mall and they had a ton of motherhood maternity stuff that was nice. I bought three shirts, got one free, for a little over a hundred with tax. But I'll wear them a ton so it'll be worth it. A friend gave me 3 pairs of pants that fit, but the shirts were all size small and medium and don't fit well or comfortably, and they are summer shirts anyway. Thus Why I bought the shirts at Macy's. I will probably buy a few more things over the coming months to be honest. I want clothes to wear this year and with holidays, etc coming up, I need decent things to wear.
Mom2Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:51 PM   #29
Tjohn
Registered Users

Because I am now on hospital bedrest maternity clothes have become very cheap. All I wear is pjs
Tjohn is offline   Reply With Quote