Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-27-2012, 10:53 AM   #21
cbreeding
Registered Users

Re: Those who've had a third birth...

1st: Pitocin induced. Otherwise med free vaginal birth. From the start of pit to birth it was 9.5hrs. Intense contractions didn't really start until about 3.5hrs before birth. From feeling the urge to push to birth it was 10min.

2nd: From water breaking as the onset of labor to birth 3.5 hours. From the urge to push to birth, it was 2 min.

3rd. Onset of labor to birth 2.5 hours. Water broke 5 minutes before birth.

All three of my labors felt and progressed similarily. There were differences, of course, but contractions, the urge to push, and actual pushing were very similar.

Advertisement

cbreeding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:45 PM   #22
SaraElise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My 3rd was definitely my wild card.

1st I was in labor for 6.5 hours from first contraction
2nd 5.5 hours
3rd 17.5 hours

As far as deliveries go though, my 1st was horrendous. 4th degree tear, broken tailbone.

2nd and 3rd practically fell out in 5 pushes or less with minimal tearing. That could also be a difference in size too though. My first was 8lbs 1oz, and my 2nd and 3rd were in the 6lb range.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:56 PM   #23
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

#1 and 2-- 4 hours
#3 3 hours, 40 mins
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 02:00 PM   #24
munchkinflame13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've had 4 vaginal births, all progressively faster. . .

1st birth was induced with pitocin after being hospitallized to try to stop labor so I don't really count that one since I'm not sure when to start the timer on it iykwim.

2nd birth was 4 hours from water breaking spontaneously to baby out.

3rd birth was 32 minutes from water breaking spontaneously to baby out. And it took 30 to get to the hospital including being stopped by the cops for speeding en route.

4th birth occurred on the toilet at home and water broke as dd4 was coming out.
Old 10-28-2012, 02:35 PM   #25
peaches330
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well, I had always heard that too, but all three of my births have been very different. To me they were all wild cards. My first was a steady, 5 hour, very manageable labor. Most of that time was getting from 1 to 6 and then I went from 6 cm to 10 cm in one contraction and was ready to push. I only pushed for a couple of minutes and she was out. Second was maybe 2 hours start to finish, most intense pain of my life, ended up being born in the car. No pushing, he literally flew out as soon as I took my pants off and put a foot up on the dash . Overall that was just an insane experience. My third, I had a ton of warning/pre labor stuff. I had the promodromal labor for weeks before he was born, and I was bleeding and crampy for about 7 hours before labor actually hit. Once the contractions got going it was about 1 hour 20 minutes of labor. Pain was intense, but manageable and I was able to just squat in the water and let my body do the pushing for me. All 3 were only a few ounces off so weight didn't affect anything for me. Just completely different experiences. I'm curious to see how #4 ends up...
Old 10-29-2012, 10:41 AM   #26
Mamatoabunch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My first was a c/s, very little labor, 2nd was 24 hours and 3rd and many of the rest was 3 hr and 45 min.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:26 AM   #27
ambie719
Registered Users
seller
seller

My third was definitely a wild card.

DS1 - 40w2d, labor started at night with contractions, 20 hours later I ended up with a c-sec because his fat head was stuck lol.

DS2 - 39w1d, labor started at night with contractions, 10 hours later I had a successful vbac after almost 2 hours of pushing, despite him being posterior.

DS3 - 39w6d, labor started in the morning with my water breaking, 1.5 hours later I had another successful vbac after barely making it to L&D in time and less than 20 min of pushing.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:26 AM   #28
ambie719
Registered Users
seller
seller

My third was definitely a wild card.

DS1 - 40w2d, labor started at night with contractions, 20 hours later I ended up with a c-sec because his fat head was stuck lol.

DS2 - 39w1d, labor started at night with contractions, 10 hours later I had a successful vbac after almost 2 hours of pushing, despite him being posterior.

DS3 - 39w6d, labor started in the morning with my water breaking, 1.5 hours later I had another successful vbac after barely making it to L&D in time and less than 20 min of pushing.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:33 AM   #29
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

All three of mine were different

1. Water broke at 36 weeks, small amount of pitocin needed, 3 hours actual labor, 3 pushes he was out

2. 37 weeks, mild cramping/what I thought were BH contractions during the work day, real contractions started (about 3) water broke and 10 min later he was born. From first this is a real contraction to birth was 20 min. Very happy I as already at the hospital for an appointment. DH didn't make it.

3. Indused at 39 weeks after walking around at 4cm, 70% effaced for 5 days-not willing to chance another super fast birth and being home alone with two boys. (DH works till 10 pm every night) 2.5 hours from starting pitocin and breaking water till she was born. Really only 20 min of those hurt contractions and a couple pushes.