Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-31-2012, 01:28 PM   #121
*Peanut*
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Why are retailers dropping Sloomb?

I hope sbish can get this all squared away. I understand not wanting all complaints all over your fb wall. Maybe they can get systems in place to help customers so they don't feel like they have to resort to that. I think Erin is awesome, but the company has suffered from growing pains. Sbish has some great products, and I hope they can figure out a way to take care of their customers, so people feel comfortable buying from them.

Advertisement

Old 10-31-2012, 01:29 PM   #122
lilylouhoo
Registered Users
Formerly: lilylouwho
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickshep19 View Post
Wow, they don't warranty items from retailers? Then why have a warranty?

Jodie ~ wife & mama
Ill try to find exactly what they said when I get to a computer and can search. It was really weird because they honnor the warranty some of the time but not other times that were the exact same situation.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:35 PM   #123
madebymommy
Banned - User Requested
seller

My Mood:
http://sloomb.myshopify.com/pages/policy

This is their policy, which is kind if confusing. One place it says that they will replace defective merchandise "at their discretion" within 30 days and then later on it.says they will only issue refunds only if bought directly from sloomb, and then further down it says they will replace or refund if a defective item is purchased from a retailer, within 30 days.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:37 PM   #124
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by madebymommy
http://sloomb.myshopify.com/pages/policy

This is their policy, which is kind if confusing. One place it says that they will replace defective merchandise "at their discretion" within 30 days and then later on it.says they will only issue refunds only if bought directly from sloomb, and then further down it says they will replace or refund if a defective item is purchased from a retailer, within 30 days.
Very odd...

Jodie ~ wife & mama
Old 10-31-2012, 01:37 PM   #125
Tish1973
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If they took some of the energy that is used to delete "negative" posts from their Facebook wall and put it towards providing excellent customer service and better quality control, they could improve things immensely. However, they would also need to stop trying to control their customers and retailers outside of FB as well.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:37 PM   #126
Poodlemum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by madebymommy View Post
COMPLETELY ot but what is a hybrid fitted? I keep seeing that term and I have no clue what that means!
A hybrid fitted has poly fleece in the core of the shell instead of an absorbent layer (usually bamboo or hemp fleece). It kind of acts as a fleece cover to keep the outer knit dry longer

Visit my FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pied-...68899319840619
My Etsy Store: http://www.etsy.com/shop/PiedPipersDiapers
Old 10-31-2012, 01:44 PM   #127
mamatoclaire
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tish1973
If they took some of the energy that is used to delete "negative" posts from their Facebook wall and put it towards providing excellent customer service and better quality control, they could improve things immensely. However, they would also need to stop trying to control their customers and retailers outside of FB as well.
I'm just a lurker as I've never owned a sloomb product, but this was my exact thought. They're putting way too much effort into controlling their customers and retailers. I liked the wool communism comment too lol. Just make an awesome product and give awesome customer service and you won't have to force anybody to be loyal.

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum
Old 10-31-2012, 01:51 PM   #128
burnsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

haven't read all of the posts, but I am quite surprised to learn that Sloomb/Sbish is still in business.

They haven't produced quality wool since around 2008? I kept giving the company chances, b/c I loved my old wool by them and Erin was always so nice, but the last thing I pre-ordered from them took FOREVER. When it arrived, the wool was just so thin and had an ugly sheen to it. Let's also not forget the chemical stink. Then there were sizing issues, the same sizes were inches too short or long. Finally, most everything started being made in China.

His body, his choice.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:00 PM   #129
mrjsmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

yeah the Made in China thing irks me..
Old 10-31-2012, 02:15 PM   #130
RissaMamaRex
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcallmemama21 View Post
Some retailers have recently stopped carrying sloomb products because they were told they had to choose between being a sloomb retailer and belonging to a wool fan chat facebook page. This is not a rumor or hearsay, it is a fact. Several of their most loyal customers were banned from sloomb's facebook pages for belonging to the same wool fan chat group. One of the banned ladies had $800 outstanding in preorders.
FACT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tish1973 View Post
I tried posting here what was going on with Sloomb, but my thread immediately got deleted. Part of why they are dropping some retailers is that the retailers belong to a particular Facebook group that was started to give people a place to openly discuss all wool products in an honest fashion. As has been mentioned, Sloomb immediately deletes comments made on their pages regarding poor service, poor quality, and late pre-order times. After banning almost all the members of this Facebook group, they have now taken to asking their retailers to choose sides. I think free speech, openess, and honesty is winning out.
FACT

So... to start off my post... here is my break down.
I own sbish. A lot of it. A lot of it I have purchased from Kissed by the Moon because I love Tami. She is amazing
40+ snapless (that's all I could count, its laundry day) approx $840
4 OBFs $100
2 UWs $78
9 covers $378
12 shorties $660
6 longies $390

Total... Approximately $2446 spent on sloomb products.

Not going to include lanolin or flats or sloomb cubes.

All in all that's a lot of money. It seems pretty apparent that I love sloomb proucts. Do I get good customer service from sloomb for spending a ton of money there? Nooooooope. I get brush offs. My second time ordering their wool I ordered a cover and a pair of shorties in a size small. They came VERY small. I compared them to my already owned but never worn smalls and there were inches of difference. Tami from Kissed by the Moon was fantastic. I emailed her, she responded quickly, I got her measurements and worked with her about my concerns. She took them back. The representative from sloomb told her that there were "variations" between batches. That's not variation. That's lack of quality control.

Every time I've emailed sloomb I have had to wait for days. Every time I order directly it passes the "12 day" (ridiculous) shipping window and just keeps extending and extending through ignored emails and occasional responses promising "soon" and vague explanations of "delays". That's not "soon" thats not "delays". That's bad business practices.

When I heard (ahead of time and directly from an involved party) that Sloomb was dropping Kissed by the Moon, I was upset. And for the record it is definitely Sloomb doing the dropping. Reports of "difference in views" is Kissed by the Moon showing just exactly how classy they are, and definitely outshining other parties who choose to bad mouth and take cheap shots behind closed doors. I am pretty sure we aren't in high school anymore. This type of immature behavior coming from adults is infuriating. These are DIAPERS. They are not "trendy" or "exclusive". They are POOP CATCHERS. They are not worth trashing other amazing respectable people for.

We are all supposed to be adult women and for one party to insinuate that another has less than perfect customer service is crossing lines. Small businesses should be there to help each other. Wouldn't you rather be supporting someone who will have your back if necessary rather than try and stab them in the back at every possible turn?

This is what I have to say...

Retailers who are being forced by a manufacturer to be silenced, to have your mouth shut, to not be a part of a forum in which all views are acceptable, rethink your options. We diaper for a short period of time. Once our children are grown... will you remember this? Will it be important to you that you "one upped" another person? Will it set a good example for your children that you allowed yourself to be silenced to stay in a clique that knowingly puts down and gossips about others? Will you feel it is right for others to do that to your child? When it is 2, 5, 10 years from now remember that those people you are treating like garbage still exist and still matter, and those diapers you put above them... are garbage.

Retailers who refuse to be silenced, parties who will speak their mind and maintain such a high degree of class that they outshine others? I am with you. I stand with you. I support you.

If you have a doubt about a company's business practices... please research. Please listen to both sides. Do not let one side silence another.

Bottom line: I love Sloomb products... But I love Kissed by the Moon more. I am very happy I placed an order of 10 pairs of wool longies, leggings, and shorties from Bumby. When she had a question about my order.. she immediately emailed me to solve the issue. That is class. That is customer service.

Sassy Pants and the Diaper Queen
Closed Thread