Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-09-2012, 07:06 PM   #1
Adaline'sMama
Registered Users

Tell me about your experience with Babyland covers

Are they any good?

I've always used BG 3.0's and I have a ton of inserts for them that I am sewing microfleece onto one side of so that I dont have to stuff the pockets. I have about 25 great BG "covers" (I use quotes because they are actually pockets, and I just use them like covers) that are fairly new and dont leak. I also have about 10 that are leaky, because they were the first ones I bought and got heavily used. I also have 5 or 6 Flip and Thirsties covers that arent in great shape.

A good friend of mine gave me 6 Babyland covers and she had never used them. She didnt really know how good they were, so I was wondering if any of you have used them. Basically, I just want to know about the cover- Ill be using BG inserts in them.

Do they leak? Are they equally as good as BG covers? They are just so much lighter than the rest of my covers.

I'm wanting to have 30 covers that do not leak and are in great shape, and Im wondering if I can count these 6 as part of that or if I need to go ahead and buy 5 more BG's so that I know I have 30 good, solid, covers.

What do you think? Can the babylands count as part of my necessary stash?

Advertisement

Adaline'sMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:19 PM   #2
Catbutt Diapers
Registered Users
seller

Re: Tell me about your experience with Babyland covers

I use Babyland and for the price, they are good. In my opinion they need hip snaps added to them, which is really easy if you have a snap press. I'm pretty sure they won't make it through 2 kids, but hey for $2.75 I'm OK with that. How old is your LO? They were the only one size diapers that fit Louise pretty much from day one (4 weeks old we started them).

Final opinion: if you can add hip snaps, they are awesome stash-padders.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:24 PM   #3
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i had a couple and while fine for a little one, my DS out grew them very quickly. Way before he was ready to PT. They were/are smaller than the FB OS and BG OS.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:25 PM   #4
Adaline'sMama
Registered Users

Thanks ladies
They sound like they will work out fine. My DD was really small (6 lbs, 8 oz at birth, 22 lbs now at 2.5 years) and I'm expecting girl twins in January, so I suspect they will be on the smaller side as well. We should be able to use them for quite a bit, just as long as they arent leaky.
Adaline'sMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:35 PM   #5
Catbutt Diapers
Registered Users
seller

Just a quick note for ordering them, I just got 2 more in the mail today and apparently they no longer come with inserts.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:12 PM   #6
pioneergirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i know its a late reply but....

i have heard negative things about babyland. however, i actually like mine. i got a 20 pack (with inserts) for about 31 dollars and free shipping because i won the auction. you can buy it now for cheap, but if you are patient and actually bid on them, you can usually get it even cheaper. i havent seen a set (anywhere from 5 to 50 diapers) that didnt come with inserts, but i have seen individual ones that dont have them. typically the price reflects that tho...
pioneergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:25 PM   #7
laineypaige
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

[QUOTE=

Final opinion: if you can add hip snaps, they are awesome stash-padders.[/QUOTE]

Old 10-31-2012, 05:51 PM   #8
adjroberts
Registered Users
seller
seller

My stash is mostly babylands that I bought second hand. I have been using them for 6 months and they are still going strong. I did add hip snaps. Without the hip snaps they are pretty much worthless IMO. I've only had about 4 leaks in 6 months, and they were all overnight. DS sleeps a long time lol.
adjroberts is offline   Reply With Quote