Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-12-2007, 05:19 PM   #1
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
Previously: 4boysforme
seller
seller

My Mood:
Question Where to get nice casual maternity clothes?

I went shopping today and it seems all the maternity tops are sleeveless with the crossover chest look and they tie in the back You can't even pull that look off until you are 8 months pg and even then- it is like- oh well- it's a little better than a hefty bag- right?
Where do all you mamas get your maternity clothes?

Advertisement

Lee Ann RN student/ SAHM to Jaret '00, Spencer '03, Preston '05 (CLW at 37 months), Griffin '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & Mallory '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT
4boys1girlforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 05:22 PM   #2
CrunchyMama0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Where to get nice casual maternity clothes?

I like that look Then again, i like to show off my belly as soon as it pops out Check on Ebay for lots of mat. clothing, thrift shops, and I just buy normal sleeveless tops from walmart in a size bigger
Old 08-12-2007, 05:39 PM   #3
alexandme
Registered Users

The thing I have worn the most during this pregnancy is my regular shirts from Shade clothing
They make maternity shirts as well but honestly I have a bunch of the regular ones and the ones that were like a size up from my regular size I can still wear...and I am really big right now as well as having a long torso. The long torso thing makes it really hard for me to find shirts that are long enough period...much less maternity shirts that cover my belly all the way to the end of the pregnancy.
I love their shirts, they are simple and comfy and affordable.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:45 AM   #4
bonniec_tn
Registered Users

I get alot of my stuff at Burlington Coat Factory. It is nice and reasonably priced!
Old 08-13-2007, 10:10 AM   #5
Monzie
Registered Users

I bought pretty much all my maternity stuff at Target and Old Navy. Sadly, that's where I buy most of my non-maternity wardrobe too. Yep. I'm cheap. I get tons of compliments on this sweater, though. Its waaay cuter in person than on that mannequin in the picture. And I'll probably wear it in the Fall even after the kiddo is here.

Now that I think about it I did get some really great, plain v-neck tshirts at BabiesRUs in their Motherhood Maternity department too. I really like 'em because they've got a bit of spandex so they'll stretch to cover my belly without getting all baggy like my Old Navy tee's.
Monzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:28 AM   #6
flobee76
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monzie View Post
I bought pretty much all my maternity stuff at Target and Old Navy. Sadly, that's where I buy most of my non-maternity wardrobe too. Yep. I'm cheap.
This is the same for me too. My local Old Navy is not a Maternity carrier, but if someone returns a maternity item, the store immediately puts it on clearance, since they don't carry that item. Once a week, I would hit the clearance rack and see what they had. I never bought a maternity item for more than $10.

I also hit Target as well. They have lots of nice maternity clothing, and you can always find something on sale there. I stocked up on "regular" clothes as well. They had some long tanks and t's that can still cover my 40+ wk belly.

I've only bought one thing from Motherhood and it was a dress that was on sale...

I don't like to spend too much $$ on clothes that I will only wear for 9 mos.
Mom to DD (5/04), DS (8/07), DD (2/09)DD (5/13), Blessing #4 in the arms of Jesus 11/2011

Jesus-follower, Traditional Foodie, Homeschooler, frugal-er
flobee76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:44 AM   #7
Thrice Blessed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Resale, Walmart, Target. What size do you need? I'm sure lots of mama's have some-I have some great stuff, but just never got around to listing it. You might want to start an ISO
Old 08-13-2007, 10:48 AM   #8
JnSAlger
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Moore, OK/Chesapeake, VA/Lynbrook, NY/Huntsville, AL/Augusta, GA
My Mood:

I wear my tee-shirts with longer length tank tops underneath.