Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2012, 06:20 PM   #11
lalakiwi7's Avatar
lalakiwi7
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Missouri
Posts: 1,419
My Mood:
Re: Blessed with children, Struggling for more Week of October 29th

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
We all have those days. My mom is always telling me to be grateful for the one i have and quit worrying about more. Makes me want to to her! But I know she means well. People try to make you feel better but they really don't get the longing in your heart for one more. I keep finding myself looking at adoption website because I"m feeling hopeless and I just want another child. I found a child on rainbowkids today that I so want to request more info on. But she's in china so because of dh's health we aren't eligible. Not that we've even begun the process of being ready to adopt.
I love rainbow kids!! I have requested info before but they take a long time to reply just fyi. I have ten adopted siblings and I loved it growing up all the diversity.... we would love to add more to our family via adoption but hubby REALLY wants another bio baby some day. I would love to adopt a little girl from Korea but it's almost impossible now... or China... it is actually a desire of my heart for the future!!! Our son was a "surprise" adoption... he is ethiopian but he was adopted by another US couple who abused him so we ended up getting him from the hospital completely un-planned but he fits perfect in our home and we adore him. He is just the sweetest thing in the whole wide world!!!! I will say though from personal experience... adopting an older child (our son was 4 when we got him) is def different than having a baby. THe bonding process is different and you really have to put effort into the little things that seem to come a bit more naturally with a baby. IMO. any way.

I am so sorry though that some in your life don't understand the need for another. It's not something you can really explain or make go away. I have one bio-baby and I am so in love with her I can't even contain it... but the desire for another is overwhelming at times and just because I have my two kiddos does mean it just disappears. Really hoping that things start to look up this next year.

Advertisement

__________________
Liesl-(like Sound of Music.) ER Nurse Practitioner part time. Full time wifey to my highschool sweetheart and mommy to DS-2006 (adopted) and DD-2009 (biobaby). We love Jesus! Until the day we meet again missing our three babies 7/2011;11/2011; DS-7/2012. THANKFUL to be After 3 years and 3 losses with our #2 biobaby RAINBOW IT"S A BOY!! Expected 8/2013
lalakiwi7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:17 AM   #12
ingrid5699
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 319
Re: Blessed with children, Struggling for more Week of October 29th

Rebecca good luck with the FET today!

Robin-sorry about the down day. I've had plenty of those during all my years battling IF and people around don't make it better. (like my ILs who pretty much told us we were crazy to consider a 3rd and reacted like the m/c in February was a blessing).

Laurel-not sure what exactly those results mean but FWIW I've been on steroids, extra Folic acid, baby aspirin and heparin shots for all my pregnancies and it's a 'could help-won't hurt' kinda thing. (LOL okay the heparin shots DO hurt but only me not the baby!)

AFM-10w now and gaining some confidence. The perinatologist I'm seeing said he expects this to be a take home baby. We saw a happily bouncing bean on Tuesday's u/s-complete with arm and leg movements. And yes-I cried!
ingrid5699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:39 AM   #13
slimy72's Avatar
slimy72
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Western US
Posts: 10,055
My Mood:
Re: Blessed with children, Struggling for more Week of October 29th

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingrid5699 View Post
Rebecca good luck with the FET today!

Robin-sorry about the down day. I've had plenty of those during all my years battling IF and people around don't make it better. (like my ILs who pretty much told us we were crazy to consider a 3rd and reacted like the m/c in February was a blessing).

Laurel-not sure what exactly those results mean but FWIW I've been on steroids, extra Folic acid, baby aspirin and heparin shots for all my pregnancies and it's a 'could help-won't hurt' kinda thing. (LOL okay the heparin shots DO hurt but only me not the baby!)

AFM-10w now and gaining some confidence. The perinatologist I'm seeing said he expects this to be a take home baby. We saw a happily bouncing bean on Tuesday's u/s-complete with arm and leg movements. And yes-I cried!
So happy for you!! I hope this is your take home baby too!


Quote:
Originally Posted by lalakiwi7 View Post
I love rainbow kids!! I have requested info before but they take a long time to reply just fyi. I have ten adopted siblings and I loved it growing up all the diversity.... we would love to add more to our family via adoption but hubby REALLY wants another bio baby some day. I would love to adopt a little girl from Korea but it's almost impossible now... or China... it is actually a desire of my heart for the future!!! Our son was a "surprise" adoption... he is ethiopian but he was adopted by another US couple who abused him so we ended up getting him from the hospital completely un-planned but he fits perfect in our home and we adore him. He is just the sweetest thing in the whole wide world!!!! I will say though from personal experience... adopting an older child (our son was 4 when we got him) is def different than having a baby. THe bonding process is different and you really have to put effort into the little things that seem to come a bit more naturally with a baby. IMO. any way.

I am so sorry though that some in your life don't understand the need for another. It's not something you can really explain or make go away. I have one bio-baby and I am so in love with her I can't even contain it... but the desire for another is overwhelming at times and just because I have my two kiddos does mean it just disappears. Really hoping that things start to look up this next year.
Pretty much, that sums up my thoughts. IDK, dh is totally open to adoption, it's me that keeps having reservations. I really feel drawn to international adoption and I"m not sure why, which means it most likely would be an older child. But we can only afford one or the other (adoption or IF treatments) not both. I feel more strongly that I want one more bio kid than anything so that's the route we're heading for now. We'll see how the next few years go.
__________________
hand spinning, soap making, sheep raising wife to my hardworking and FT WOHM to my 'lil & 6 angels in heaven & our rainbow baby that joined us safely this summer!
ISO: Formula Checks- if you have some you won't use we would love to have them!
NB Diapers for sale: http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1594851
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:00 AM   #14
JCPACandMommy's Avatar
JCPACandMommy
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Junction City, KS
Posts: 1,853
Re: Blessed with children, Struggling for more Week of October 29th

Ingrid - YAY!! So happy for you mama! for your Take home baby!!

Hugs to all us mama's that may be down or just not feeling it!

Im just patiently waiting for my HCG to drop it is down to 3047 as of yesterday so now on to weekly HCG checks and then a follow up....Im just ready to get on the BDing band wagon again...This whole episode happen to fall over our 5th Anniversary on Oct 27th so it is really a downer we couldn't REALLY celebrate! KWIM! My DH is being so supportive and understanding I sure am glad I got a good one!!

Hang in there mama's we will all get our Rainbow, Take Home babies!!
__________________
Carissa~ Married to my Bestfriend and Soulmate Scott and Mommy to Aiden (04/10/08) TTC #2 after the loss of Blighted Ovum and Ectopic on Rt Ovary(10/25/12) and Blighted Ovum (07/28/13)
planning to and #2
Expecting our RAINBOW July 16, 2014!

My Ovulation Chart
JCPACandMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:28 PM   #15
Hope4More's Avatar
Hope4More
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: In the land of Crazy
Posts: 5,167
My Mood:
Ingrid- your due date must be very close to what mine would have been- I would have been 10w tomorrow I'm so VERY VERY happy for you, but PLEASE don't be offended if I skip over your posts for the next few weeks while I heal my heart. I want NOTHING more than you to get your take home baby... I hope you understand and don't think me mean - I will post eventually...

Slyfox and Slimy- I'm right with you on rude and/or mom comments. My mom, who has been very supportive through all this and had three losses of her own, told me the other day I should start to prepare myself for the idea that J might be my only. WTF? Who SAYS that? And after ONE loss???

AFM- I continue to get positive opks in the morning and negatives in the afternoon, so it must be picking up the small amount of hcg in my system. My hcg tests are about as light as they were on my first day of positives now, so I'm thinking I must be 20 or under. I hope I get a thumbs up to ttc when I see the doc on Monday.
__________________
Wife, WAHM, born-again Christian, proud mommy to my loving, energetic son (4) and blessed, miracle daughter
God gave us our RAINBOW baby !
I WILL WARRIOR ON... This mama misses her three baby angels (10.19) (1.29) (4.18)
I have given my cross to Jesus, who has a special talent for overcoming them, even if it means giving His own life...

Last edited by Hope4More; 11-01-2012 at 03:33 PM.
Hope4More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:33 PM   #16
slimy72's Avatar
slimy72
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Western US
Posts: 10,055
My Mood:
Re: Blessed with children, Struggling for more Week of October 29th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope4More View Post
Ingrid- your due date must be very close to what mine would have been- I would have been 10w tomorrow I'm so VERY VERY happy for you, but PLEASE don't be offended if I skip over your posts for the next few weeks while I heal my heart. I want NOTHING more than you to get your take home baby... I hope you understand and don't think me mean - I will post eventually...

Slyfox and Slimy- I'm right with you on rude and/or mom comments. My mom, who has been very supportive through all this and had three losses of her own, told me the other day I should start to prepare myself for the idea that J might be my only. WTF? Who SAYS that? And after ONE loss???
My mom tells me that on a regular basis. And frequently follows it up by adding how busy I am at work and do I really have time for one more? REALLY? And yes, I"ve had six losses so that is a very real possiblity but still, why would you say that?
__________________
hand spinning, soap making, sheep raising wife to my hardworking and FT WOHM to my 'lil & 6 angels in heaven & our rainbow baby that joined us safely this summer!
ISO: Formula Checks- if you have some you won't use we would love to have them!
NB Diapers for sale: http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1594851
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:27 PM   #17
Love4leon's Avatar
Love4leon
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 8,661
Re: Blessed with children, Struggling for more Week of October 29th

Thinking of you all- I know how difficult peoples comments are. We are forced into giving so much though to pregnancy that sometimes I think other people believe their opinions matter- and they probably hurt us more than they otherwise might. I guess it is another reason why you just can't open up like that to people who won't understand.
Love4leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:48 PM   #18
slyfoxy
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 196
Re: Blessed with children, Struggling for more Week of October 29th

Ladies,
I just want to give everyone a hug of support. Everyone needs a hug of support all the time. This TTC road sure can be hell at times. Sorry for the word but it is. I sure hope you all are doing good.

AFM: Sitting an waiting for Tuesday to get here for my post-op appt. I sure hope to get great news. Also don't have no ideal when the witch will be here. I thought be here on Halloween but nope. If not seen her when go to my Appt I'm going to ask when is a person suppose to start after having all that done. If the witch not here by the time go for my Appt I'm afraid will be told can't even TTC til the witch shows. So for now I'm no the edge of waiting for AF to get here an still nothing. It seems if can't TTC until later part of NOV that means that more likely if not pregnant in DEC will not be having treatments til Jan which will be a big blow.

So for now I'm worried about my up coming post-op appt , when is AF going to show an when will we be aloud to TTC again.

Pray that the witch shows very soon..
slyfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:23 PM   #19
lalakiwi7's Avatar
lalakiwi7
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Missouri
Posts: 1,419
My Mood:
Re: Blessed with children, Struggling for more Week of October 29th

rebecca- how are you doing??? keep us posted!!
__________________
Liesl-(like Sound of Music.) ER Nurse Practitioner part time. Full time wifey to my highschool sweetheart and mommy to DS-2006 (adopted) and DD-2009 (biobaby). We love Jesus! Until the day we meet again missing our three babies 7/2011;11/2011; DS-7/2012. THANKFUL to be After 3 years and 3 losses with our #2 biobaby RAINBOW IT"S A BOY!! Expected 8/2013
lalakiwi7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:31 PM   #20
slimy72's Avatar
slimy72
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Western US
Posts: 10,055
My Mood:
Re: Blessed with children, Struggling for more Week of October 29th

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalakiwi7 View Post
rebecca- how are you doing??? keep us posted!!
Same thing I just came to ask.
__________________
hand spinning, soap making, sheep raising wife to my hardworking and FT WOHM to my 'lil & 6 angels in heaven & our rainbow baby that joined us safely this summer!
ISO: Formula Checks- if you have some you won't use we would love to have them!
NB Diapers for sale: http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1594851
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.