Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2012, 06:05 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Birth Thoughts

My 1st was born in the hossy, epidural, episiotomy etc (6 pounds 14 ounces, teeny one) My mom, dad and grandma were there.
#2 born at home after an external cephalic version because she was breech at 37 weeks. Mom, dad, sister, (my) sister, midwives and hubby were there. (8 pounds)
#3 born at home. Mom, dad, both of her sisters, my midwives and hubby there. (8# 12)

#4... I think I want to have Quattro at the hossy with JUST my hubby there. I want it to be special for us, just us. But I worry that my oldest daughter will feel left out, and my parents have been at all of my births and I worry that they'll be felt out.
My sister said that she had her 3rd with just hubby and it was such a great experience. I feel like he's sort of missed out because we weren't together when #1 was born. And my family has surrounded us every other time. Plus I need my parents to keep my 19 month old (who will be 27 months) occupied and my 7 yo won't want to watch I don't think.

Should I feel guilty about wanting it this way? I'll probably change my mind closer to the birth, and I haven't decided 100% on hossy instead of home. But I spend a lot of time with this, because my last birth was not one of those beautiful homebirths, and I was really disappointed and unhappy afterwards. (Not because of her being a girl, but there were a lot of issues and pain).
Leaner and Will (2-22-03)
Our four girlies
Rhaynnon (3-6-01), Gwendolyn (9-29-05), Natalie (3-29-11), and Abigail "Abby" (6-5-13)
Leaner is offline   Reply With Quote